Duels

RayGonJinn

5.) NO GRENADES. Use of grenades is an automatic DQ by the wardens

I'd like to file a complaint, this rule is clearly discriminating against Feken. In all seriousness tho is there any specific reasoning why this isnt allowed? Grenades are available to anyone just like medpacs and adrenals, and are useful for classes that do not have a 4 second hard stun. A perfect example can be found in the a fight linked below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um-ALJZErqs&t=1m16s

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we move it to another day? I'm not usually on fridays, let alone late fridays. Really want to participate but on the current day I cannot. Any other day we can work out? Maybe the day before?

Also not being able to do multi class duels? Brought my gear over to my sent for nothing I suppose. Good thing I had money left over to put it all back.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Ok to clarify some stuff

Dueling other AC's is allowed - however it's not really part of the bracket system

There will be 8 brackets for each AC to see who is the best in dueling their own AC. So rinzler you would duel players like kaos youngster wrecks Aroca etc.

If you wanted to duel Melyn on Melyn for example you could. However it wouldn't be part of the bracket and nothing official would come of it

As for grenades the main reason I'm not comfortable with them is cyber techs have an advantage. They have an arsenal of grenades to choose from while non cyber techs don't

However like all the rules if there is a large outcry to allow grenades we can make them allowed

This must be a bug, I wasn't aware of this at all. That would defeat the purpose of pvp zone, they restricted the usage of these things in warzones for a reason. But that being said, Outlwaws is more prone to interference than Ilum is due to its FFA nature and lack of player announcements.

Dunno if it was a bug or intended (probably a bug). All I know is I found out when I did the gree PVP quests on my sent and discovered I could use my adrenal and relic. It was kinda dumb :S

This must be a bug, I wasn't aware of this at all. That would defeat the purpose of pvp zone, they restricted the usage of these things in warzones for a reason. But that being said, Outlwaws is more prone to interference than Ilum is due to its FFA nature and lack of player announcements.

I'm not sure I understand. How is Outlaw's more FFA than Ilum? You can form Ops in Outlaws; Ilum, the most you can form is small groups. You can at least take out in-faction potential interference in Outlaws.

But anyway, I'm coming for your crown Valya.

There is no crown! I don't expect to win the sniper/GS bracket.

Edited by stringcat

Illum is faction v faction, while outlaws is essentially guild v guild. I've also seen duels where people are hiding in huts buffing others with inspiration and the such because of interrupted duels which end up making it FFA, something Wrex was worried about and that is minimized to a degree with same faction on illum. Rather than having an overall issue, it would only need to be managed for cross faction dueling.

Illum is faction v faction, while outlaws is essentially guild v guild. I've also seen duels where people are hiding in huts buffing others with inspiration and the such because of interrupted duels which end up making it FFA, something Wrex was worried about and that is minimized to a degree with same faction on illum. Rather than having an overall issue, it would only need to be managed for cross faction dueling.

Ilum is not faction-v-faction in Central, unless they ninja-patched it in the last day or two. I've gotten in trouble for attacking my fellow imps lots of times. :p

Edited by stringcat

I thought they were, but haven't tested it. The geography of New Ilum doesn't change during non-event times.

Yeah I'm aware that the environment stays. I actually like the new one. :p But the FFA should revert, iirc it did the last time the event ended. Even if it doesn't, illum looks cooler doesn't it? I mean who'd want to fight out in the sun amirite? Then you'll be hearing that good ole excuse "the sun got in my eyes!"

Yeah I'm aware that the environment stays. I actually like the new one. :p But the FFA should revert, iirc it did the last time the event ended. Even if it doesn't, illum looks cooler doesn't it? I mean who'd want to fight out in the sun amirite? Then you'll be hearing that good ole excuse "the sun got in my eyes!"

Screw the sun, I'm going to be throwing sand! Let it burnnnnnnnnnnn...

The group v group in central, ilum is permanent, at least it was when the event ended last time and i dueled there. Regardless of that, I still think its the perfect scenery for a duel, just ban the use of adrenals and relics like you did with grenades, anyone seen using them just get dq.

For those who are having trouble attending would that Sunday at 7pst work for you guys

Also if sunday would not work please post

This is all hypothetical i just want to see how many we could add but how many we would lose

So I think grenades should be allowed. We all use them and I don't care that Cyber has a small advantage. You can make v-4 of every version they can. Plus lets be honest we all use stun ones anyways...the other ones are decently useful, but you are probably wasting a GCD you should use on one of your class abilities.

I would like to request special dispensation to be in the Sentinel/Marauder Bracket :). They are still knights/warriors and its not fair I have to go against the smash monkies that my armor and cooldowns really don't do much against. :) I am totally kidding unless everyone wants to allow this dispensation and let me get in with the marauders and sents and then I am totally serious. :)

So I think grenades should be allowed. We all use them and I don't care that Cyber has a small advantage. You can make v-4 of every version they can. Plus lets be honest we all use stun ones anyways...the other ones are decently useful, but you are probably wasting a GCD you should use on one of your class abilities.

I would like to request special dispensation to be in the Sentinel/Marauder Bracket :). They are still knights/warriors and its not fair I have to go against the smash monkies that my armor and cooldowns really don't do much against. :) I am totally kidding unless everyone wants to allow this dispensation and let me get in with the marauders and sents and then I am totally serious. :)

I like the idea! Plus, I would love to see someone kill you. :)

Watchout feken, gramps is coming for ya :eek: