A New Versus Series!

Aurbere

Yes, much more powerful.

Tossed Kenobi round like a doll, oh, and what do you mean Unable? He walked through the lightning of an incredibly powerful Nightsister, who was feared by many, even considered a threat by sidious.

Gethzerion? I thought it was Mighella. Is Mighella feared by Sidious, too?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he? Is he? More powerful than Sion perhaps but not much more powerful, and even then you've got an uphill struggle arguing that. Then of course he's shown himself unable to deflect lightning... its not looking good for Maul.

Sure we could strip Traya of Force drain, but then what kind of win would that be? Not that she would need it to win.

He's been confronted with Force Lightning from like 2 sources, right? One from Darth Sidious, which even Yoda and Windu have extreme trouble holding off, and one from that Nightsister, where he didn't need to deflect it.

But I would never expect you to be objective when it comes to Darth Traya, good sir. That wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Well, we'll see. I could probably get that posted right now, but it would be Traya vs. TPM Maul. It would take a few hours to watch all of the TCW episodes featuring Maul, and then a fair amount of time to judge his capabilities.

Just watch the duels on Youtube...

Maul vs Vizla,

Maul vs Savage

Maul (+Savage, but not really) vs Sidious

Maul vs Kenobi

Maul + Savage vs Kenobi and Ventress

Yes, much more powerful.

Tossed Kenobi round like a doll, oh, and what do you mean Unable? He walked through the lightning of an incredibly powerful Nightsister, who was feared by many, even considered a threat by sidious.

I think you'll find that argument is lacking a strong basis.

Tossing Kenobi like a doll would be my first port of call - if you compare it with other examples of invidiuals suffering similar impact and then being Force choked you'll find in demonstrated Kenobi and Maul to be not that far apart in terms of Force power. And then you've got the fact that Sion is keeping him body together through the power of the Dark Side. Concerning lightning, let's not insult Traya by comparing her to a mere Nightsister.

Who I don't remember Sidious considering a threat. Pretty sure that was old Geth...

Just watch the duels on Youtube...

Maul vs Vizla,

Maul vs Savage

Maul (+Savage, but not really) vs Sidious

Maul vs Kenobi

Maul + Savage vs Kenobi and Ventress

Suppose I could do that. I doubt Maul's personality changed a great deal, other than having evolved into a Rule of Two Sith.

I think you'll find that argument is lacking a strong basis.

Tossing Kenobi like a doll would be my first port of call - if you compare it with other examples of invidiuals suffering similar impact and then being Force choked you'll find in demonstrated Kenobi and Maul to be not that far apart in terms of Force power. And then you've got the fact that Sion is keeping him body together through the power of the Dark Side. Concerning lightning, let's not insult Traya by comparing her to a mere Nightsister.

Who I don't remember Sidious considering a threat. Pretty sure that was old Geth...

Maul got chopped in half, and Survived long enough to Make himself a new pair of legs....

No no, he threw Kenobi around on multiple occasions.... Florrum was by far the funniest though.

He's been confronted with Force Lightning from like 2 sources, right? One from Darth Sidious, which even Yoda and Windu have extreme trouble holding off, and one from that Nightsister, where he didn't need to deflect it.

But I would never expect you to be objective when it comes to Darth Traya, good sir. That wouldn't be nearly as fun.

We have no evidence to suggest that Maul could deflect lightning, and we have evidence to suggest he couldn't.

Additionally:

1. I doubt if Maul could he wouldn't deflect Mighella's lightning, seems pretty darn stupid not to.

2. Dooku when training Savage refused to tell him how to deflect lightning, something about a master not telling his apprentice all his secrets. Given that Sidious is just as conniving etc. and regarded Maul to be nothing more than a tool, purely dedicating his skills to the lightsaber and physical capabilities, I fully expect he did the same.

Call me a fanboy if you like, but I have facts to support my patriotism.

Heck we aren't even having this debate, I'm just telling you guys not to have cause it will be a smack down.

Oh, also, someone who tried to look into mauls mind went insane... Just sayin'

Maul may have seemed changed at the start, but I feel by the time of his duel with Sidious he had regained his old self.

An Iktotchi, a species with a natural talent for telepathy, that was.

Maul got chopped in half, and Survived long enough to Make himself a new pair of legs....

No no, he threw Kenobi around on multiple occasions.... Florrum was by far the funniest though.

Indeed, but is it really comparable? Maybe, maybe not. But I for one see them as around the same level, nothing suggests that Maul is considerably superior.

And what happened on Florrum?

From what I've seen, he's generally the same. Aside from embracing Rule of Two philosophies and hating Kenobi a lot.

Well, he used to hate ever Jedi, now he focuses it toward a single one. Not that big of a change, true. Although, I feel like the time he spent with his "brother" may have influenced him, too. Not sure whether positive or negative. Although, he is a Sith, so I guess... positive, because strength comes from emotion?

Well, he used to hate ever Jedi, now he focuses it toward a single one. Not that big of a change, true. Although, I feel like the time he spent with his "brother" may have influenced him, too. Not sure whether positive or negative. Although, he is a Sith, so I guess... positive, because strength comes from emotion?

His bond with his brother did influence him emotionally as seen in the duel with Sidious.

Indeed, but is it really comparable? Maybe, maybe not. But I for one see them as around the same level, nothing suggests that Maul is considerably superior.

And what happened on Florrum?

Threw him Up into the air, into the ceiling, ground, then the wall...

Edited by Selenial

Threw him Up into the air, into the ceiling, ground, then the wall...
With his hands, not the Force. Or not at all if I recall...

EDIT: Oh wait, Florrum, I thought you meant Felucia...

EDIT: I remember now, jeez is Kenobi weak or just crap at defending himself with the Force?

Edited by Beniboybling

EDIT: I remember now, jeez is Kenobi weak or just crap at defending himself with the Force?

The evidence would suggest that, while he is a master defensive duelist, his ability to defend himself against Force based attacks is limited. Kenobi has shown very powerful Force abilities, but his ability to defend against Force users of equal or greater ability is not great.

The evidence would suggest that, while he is a master defensive duelist, his ability to defend himself against Force based attacks is limited. Kenobi has shown very powerful Force abilities, but his ability to defend against Force users of equal or greater ability is not great.

If only Anakin didn't get blinded by his rage...

Anyway probably not best to have this debate right now, have the match if you like but don't say I didn't warn you. :jawa_wink:

Well, it was technically a request and it gives me the chance to write up Maul's analysis for his next BattleZone match, so I may as well do it.