How Much Have You Spent on Cartel Coins?

Berronaxftw

Beyond what I get on monthly basis? Hmm... since the launch of F2P, approximately 20 bucks. I had to drop some coin to get the Czerka ride. Well worth it too. Other than that, my coins come from being a sub and it has worked out very well for me. Got the Volatile saber from a pack this morning.

My sub has been well worth it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About $120, mostly spent on Legacy Unlocks for my silly number of alts. Have bought probably 40 packs all told, mostly the new ones that just came out. The first packs were garbage, but there was some spiffy stuff in the new ones. Happily (or Sadly depending on your point of view) I now have everything I wanted out of the packs. So I'm done for the time being.

Roughly US$200. I bought a whole bunch of unlocks, Valiant Jedi Armor, Gold Scalene Armor Set, 2 of the old packs (completely absolutely craptastic waste of money) and 24 of the new enforcer contraband packs (which are AWESOME and I don't regret at all - gave me cool stuff that I love and I could sell the excess stuff on the cartel for awesome loot or send stuff to my alts).

I think it's money well spent and I make plenty IRL so it's better than spending $500 for dinner and drinks at a club.

$0.

I've used cartel coins once - to unlock a species.

I'll use the coins from my stipend for something that seems worthwhile - like the species unlock. Never the gambling packs. Never anything that feels overpriced relative to the ingame credits I could spend for it.

I'll never buy a cartel coin outright, only use those I get with my sub.

Edited by DarthTHC

$0 and proud

It's sad that that makes you proud.

I've spent $0 on snowboarding gear. I guess I should be proud of that.

The cartel market has very good value for the people who want things (unlocks, etc.) sold on it. There is no shame in spending money on cartel coins. People blow more than $80 on a single night at a bar, which they may not even remember.

People who think these cartel packs are a waste of money must have never bought a pack of baseball cards, Pokemon cards, or, more relevantly, WoW TCG cards. The WoW TCG cards have a VERY LOW chance of giving an in-game item, and they cost $4 per pack. These cartel packs are around $2.12-$2.33 each. You don't even end up with boxes full of cards you don't care about.

Think about how much a person pays for cable TV in a single month. When I dropped cable, my bill went down $120 per month. I can do whatever I want with that money. I chose to spend it on cartel packs this month. As soon as the reputation cap resets, I'll hit Champion with the contraband faction. I also have millions of credits worth of things I'll be able to sell tomorrow.

Zero dollars. I haven't even spent all the free subscriber coins yet.

I already experienced EA's favorite little gambler addiction system back in ME3's multiplayer when I foolishly spent $25 for absolutely nothing worth while. So I was prepared for SWTOR to do the exact same thing, I know better then to throw away my money now. All cartel market items I want I purchase on GTN. I'd rather grind dailies for an hour to buy something then grind job for an hour to buy the chance of probably not getting something.

People who think these cartel packs are a waste of money must have never bought a pack of baseball cards, Pokemon cards, or, more relevantly, WoW TCG cards. The WoW TCG cards have a VERY LOW chance of giving an in-game item, and they cost $4 per pack. These cartel packs are around $2.12-$2.33 each. You don't even end up with boxes full of cards you don't care about.

I bought baseball cards when I was a kid and enjoyed the gum that came with them (yes, they used to have a stick of gum in every pack). I also know people that have spent serious money on Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, and other 'collectable card games'. I have spent $0 on the cartel market and $0 for collectible card games.

I don't see any value in it for me. Just like you don't see any value in cable TV. Different strokes for different folks.

Enjoy them. I appreciate you helping to fund the game.

Three x $39.99 AUD top ups since CM launch.

So about 120 bucks mostly spent on adaptive armor and unlocks on alts. I haven't bought any gambling packs since launch.

($1 AUD = $1.0366 USD)

Edited by LeeTone

Zero dollars. I haven't even spent all the free subscriber coins yet.

I already experienced EA's favorite little gambler addiction system back in ME3's multiplayer when I foolishly spent $25 for absolutely nothing worth while. So I was prepared for SWTOR to do the exact same thing, I know better then to throw away my money now. All cartel market items I want I purchase on GTN. I'd rather grind dailies for an hour to buy something then grind job for an hour to buy the chance of probably not getting something.

You're saying you would rather waste time than money? Time IS money.

If you aren't enjoying the time spent "grinding" dailies, then why do it when you could just spend a few dollars to get right to the things you enjoy about the game?

I guess I just find the sentiment weird because I've played golf and done other activities that cause a WHOLE LOT more than SWTOR for MUCH LESS entertainment time/value.

To each his own, I guess.

I bought baseball cards when I was a kid and enjoyed the gum that came with them (yes, they used to have a stick of gum in every pack). I also know people that have spent serious money on Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, and other 'collectable card games'. I have spent $0 on the cartel market and $0 for collectible card games.

I don't see any value in it for me. Just like you don't see any value in cable TV. Different strokes for different folks.

Enjoy them. I appreciate you helping to fund the game.

Exactly. It would be silly for you to spend money on something you don't want. I just find it quite a bit self-absorbed and rude for someone to take pride in not doing something that others enjoy doing. (e.g. the poster I responded to originally)

Edited by EJedi

60 bucks, I couldn't resist the 24 pack of the brand new pack they released, these new items are pretty insane. I was so happy BW finally learned how to design weapons then immediately sad again that I had to drop real money on them. Oh well, that's just how it goes I guess.