Toothpick and the Luxury Skiff

Skodan

first off, really a toothpick?!?

and secondly i thought the korrealis speeders were removed due to them being too large, so why add another large speeder like the skiff (though it does look cool)

cool until there are 50 of them riding around fleet.

Korrealis speeders weren't removed because they were too large. It's an assumption many players made after complaints of players who could not afford few million to buy some. Back then having million credits was being super-rich.

We never got Bio's official statement on why they remvoved those amazing speeders...

I thought the Toothpick was pretty nifty. Would suit a laid-back smuggler or a bounty hunter. I would not use it for my current pretty trooper, it would not work on her.

Would love to see it on a I-don't-give-a-crap- BH. It just looks so unprofessional that I love it, hoping to irritate future proper imperial questgivers, lol.

I thought the Toothpick was pretty nifty. Would suit a laid-back smuggler or a bounty hunter. I would not use it for my current pretty trooper, it would not work on her.

Would love to see it on a I-don't-give-a-crap- BH. It just looks so unprofessional that I love it, hoping to irritate future proper imperial questgivers, lol.

This :cool: I want that toothpick for my Smuggler.

Yepper. I want that tooth pick. Nice little touch. And yea, the Korr's were removed because of size. The Skiff is fine. Peeps need to stop being so sensitive.

EDIT: "They were NOT removed because of size" is what I meant to say.

Edited by Rafaman

What's wrong with the toothpick? If you don't like it, don't get it. If you randomly get it from a pack, sell it for a vast profit to someone who -does- like it.

As for the Korrealis being removed because it was too big, that is complete and utter speculation that does not even make sense. There was NEVER any official word on why they were removed.

I am pretty sure there are plenty of smugglers out there that really want that toothpick so don't knock it. As for the speeder if they said the previous ones were too large that is interesting.

This thing is virtually invisible as you can't really see it.

Which is exactly what I did with one of the toothpicks I got on my BH. I like it to be honest.

Toothpick.....Great idea, plenty of people who want to be a "space pirate" etc.

However my pet peeve is the fact they put an eye patch on the cartel rep vendor.

The Viper eyepatch was extremely rare, which made it unique........Now it's on the rep vendor....That's crap!

Korrealis speeders weren't removed because they were too large. It's an assumption many players made after complaints of players who could not afford few million to buy some. Back then having million credits was being super-rich.

We never got Bio's official statement on why they remvoved those amazing speeders...

What we do know is that it had nothing to do with their size. The Dessler's have always been a little more large than the Keorrealis and they didn't remove them.

What we do know is that it had nothing to do with their size. The Dessler's have always been a little more large than the Keorrealis and they didn't remove them.

Mostly I think it was just public outcry over how fleet was becoming flooded with them. It was getting difficult to navigate fleet, back when there were not too many choices of cool mounts. Dresslers hadn't become common yet, and the Keorrealis were everywhere on fleet ~ all the time.

The Keorrealis ride height is a bit higher than the dressler & can just completely obscure everything under it ~ NPC's, mailboxes, everything.

The newer large size mounts are much closer to the ground, and much more "open" ~ so they don't obscure things quite as bad.

As for the speeder if they said the previous ones were too large that is interesting.

The big speeders were indeed annoying on Fleet. It was one of the reasons I move my GTN base of operations to Nar Shadda. I suspect though that they pulled them because they caused more then normal load on the client, so it was a performance decision to retire them.

But outside of fleet... big speeders really were not an issue.

My suggestion to Bioware: if people want to ride big speeders in fleet... let them... but on fleet make them (and the speeder) shrink to 1/10th of normal size while mounted. :D

Edited by Andryah

first off, really a toothpick?!?

Come on... you know you want one. :p

But really, this is exactly the kind of thing they should be adding. Not everone will like them, but for those that do... it creates a lot of player good will.

I don't want one, but I appreciate that some players do. And if we can have toothpicks, we can have smoke sticks, maybe even popsicles. :D

The Luxury Skiff seems to have a slight graphical bug where the tray of food is fused to the hand, and its the opposite hand its supposed to be near. Anyone having this same issue or just me?

Yes this happens on my character as well. Extremely annoying.

Exactly. My mercenary BH wears pants that look like blue jeans, has that outlaw's padded vest from the CM, and has a big mohawk. Toothpick will be perfect.

I like the toothpick. It's something original that doesn't look like everything else.