CM items vs actually playing the game.

Philastra

When they first annonced the CM I thought it was a good idea. Stuff we would not see in game option for us to pay for it if we want it. However all we seem to see is the same outfits, speeders, boosts and lotto packs being churned out. Now its obviously the player bases fault too many people bought this crap. Also when we got told about the CM it was a seperate developement team but since it we seem to get 2 pages of new Cartel items and a couple of bugs fixed every few weeks, it does seem that all the developers are on CM and no one is actually fixing the game or adding new content we wont have to pay for.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand the problem in the picture. people are selling excess CM items they dont need so some people dont need to spend real money, seems ok

an Excess of over 250,000 cartel coins or more? really. I doubt anyone would spend that much real $ for credits.

Edited by Theeko

Hey Philastra!

One thing I did want point out is that I know sometimes there may be a misconception that because we are releasing new items into the Cartel Market, that we are not producing other content. Just to make everyone aware that our Cartel Market and content development teams are two very different things internally.

That is to say, us producing new items for the Cartel Market does not adversely mean we are not producing content. We are always doing both of these things and they are released accordingly.

I am not sure if that directly addresses any of your concerns, but I thought this would be a good place to make mention of that. Also, as you can imagine our "content developers" are pretty busy with Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Game Update 2.0. I did attempt to address some of the other concerns that you raised in one of my other posts as well, you can see that here (I think you saw it already but just in case).

-eric

Hey, Eric. Show me one Armor set (excluding the Gree event) that has been added directly to the game in the last 5 months. Show me one Crafted Armor set that has been added, fixed or otherwise changed in any significant way. Show me all of the new Pistols and Rifles and Lightsabers and Color Crystals we can now craft. Oh, that's right, there aren't any.

Keep spinning, doc.

:rolleyes:

Hey, Eric. Show me one Armor set (excluding the Gree event) that has been added directly to the game in the last 5 months. Show me one Crafted Armor set that has been added, fixed or otherwise changed in any significant way. Show me all of the new Pistols and Rifles and Lightsabers and Color Crystals we can now craft. Oh, that's right, there aren't any.

Keep spinning, doc.

wanted to post, but this says all.

if they are different teams why dont we see as much items added to the game (and not the cash shop) ? crafting in this game left broken since release but you keep adding new stuff to the shop. the thing is, adding items to the game dont give extra $$$.

Edited by Neglience

Hey Philastra!

One thing I did want point out is that I know sometimes there may be a misconception that because we are releasing new items into the Cartel Market, that we are not producing other content. Just to make everyone aware that our Cartel Market and content development teams are two very different things internally.

That is to say, us producing new items for the Cartel Market does not adversely mean we are not producing content. We are always doing both of these things and they are released accordingly.

I am not sure if that directly addresses any of your concerns, but I thought this would be a good place to make mention of that. Also, as you can imagine our "content developers" are pretty busy with Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Game Update 2.0. I did attempt to address some of the other concerns that you raised in one of my other posts as well, you can see that here (I think you saw it already but just in case).

-eric

Thank you very much for the reply Eric, it says a lot that you guys are watching and listening, I am very much looking forward to see whats in store for us subbers, and thanks for trying to clarify the subject of this. I know the market has created a good source of income for the game and am looking forward to seeing those returns in LIVE. Thanks again Eric as I said before your reply goes a lonnnnng way well for me in showing that you guys do care.

But I really am still concerned with the fact that can buy your way to the top of an in game system. Please reconsider this type of thing for the future CM items. No in game system should be able to be bought with RL money they should reflect time spent in game only.

Edited by Philastra

It does seem that the team working on the cartel market stuff are far more productive than any of the teams working on the game.

Are BW aware that without a game to play the Cartel market stuff wont sell? It seems the money from the cartel market is being put into producing more cartel market items and not improvements to the game. Look at the Patch notes since the cartel market went live. Note after note of Cartel changes and then a couple of bug fixes. Anyone reading that would think the game was full of content and bug free.

As for what the Cartel maket is churning out, is there any chance we will ever see new species, we seem to have been waiting on the Cathar and thats a poor choice to be waiting so long on. Or items asked for in the cartel market request that aren't just recoloured versions of what is already in game or so similar you would have a hard time telling them apart.

Hey Philastra!

-eric

Time for a day off, Eric. Some of these sentences aren't sentences!

Hey Philastra!

-eric

As a subscriber, here is my response...

Not counting the CM items...

- I have seen no new armors added to the game since launch, excluding "event" items that I have neither the desire, nor time to farm.

- I have seen no new playable content for sub 50 level character since launch, again excluding limited time events and also space missions which I also have no desire to play.

- I have seen my Synthweaver become mostly useless as all new armor content cannot be crafted, and all of it is much more in demand than anything a Synthweaver can make.

- I have seen my Artificer become degraded by the constant additions of CM crystals, none of which can be crafted.

- I have seen your Social Points system become obsolete by CM gear, and nothing has been done to replace or enhance it.

- I was told the Makeb "expansion" would be free, now it is not.

- I have seen many bug fixes, and some improvements to the game, notably the UI but all of these are "necessary things" that would have been done regradless of the CM's existence.

- I have seen zero tweaking of any existing PvE content on planets since launch. No new areas. No new mobs. No tweaks to existing areas or mobs. No new 'easter eggs'. No improvements to AI. No new group content. I can't think of any single change to any planet since launch.

Edit: yes I know there have been some additions to endgame content, I am refering specifically to 1-49.99 PvE content as that is all that interests me. I also feel this is the game's weakest link and the one thing that could be expanded/improved to fix the original and primary problem of the game... low retention of players.

In summary, I believe the CM store has degraded the experience and value of subscribing. I am/have been subscribed to other game(s) that also went P2P and I can tell you my experience with them has been exactly the opposite. Those other games enhanced the value and benefits of the subscriber while giving others the option to P2P.

Edited by CosmicKat

Good job brother, stay on this issue

I try but even when I'm not asking for the release date its just one word "soon." I feel ultimately ignored. Its a bigger issue then what has been listed regarding CM.

Edited by Jonoku

Hey Philastra!

-eric

How come the dev team for the CM is putting stuff out at a lightning fast pace but the "other" dev team doesn't. How bout adding one or two of those new pets/speeders/weapons/gear sets from the CM and putting them into loot tables for current operations. How about allowing my Cybertech to actually craft new speeders as intended(oh wait that would compete against the CM). You're supposed to be the "voice" of the community to the dev team. What did you say when they asked you about how the community would react to this? Remember what happened to Joveth after the repair cost fiasco?

- I have seen many bug fixes, and some improvements to the game, notably the UI but all of these are "necessary things" that would have been done regradless of the CM's existence.

Just wanted to add to this point that the bug fixes and enhancements that were made were almost all specifically done in order to accommodate the Cartel Market. Also, all bug fixes to gear in the last 5 months have been for Cartel Market items and only Cartel Market items.

The Republic Trooper crafted gear that looks exactly like the Hardened Plastiform crafted gear, well, that still looks exactly like the Hardened Plastiform gear. The various Light Armor tops that do weird stretching and clipping things when worn with anything but a Skirt, well, those are still doing that weird stretching and clipping.

Also, there hasn't been one single addition to Crafting since the Cartel Market was announced. It's only become worse as each new addition to the Cartel Market is made.

We're still stuck with the same few armor sets of which for the more desirable sets there are better, more detailed and refined versions available through the CM. We're still stuck with the same cheap looking, under-detailed Pistols and Rifles and Techblades and Electrostaves that no one cares about. We're still stuck with the same four light sabers that no one wants. We're still stuck with underpowered, over-leveled crystals no one will buy.

And there is no word on if/when crafting will ever be improved upon.

:cool:

I see a lot posting about the speed at which CM items are produced and I can say that it is a lot easier to add an item w/o quests and such behind it, with that said they could add new drops to end game bosses just as easy. The main concern I have is that the CM was supposed to be asthetic items only, in game systems like the REP one, should not be bought with RL money. These should reflect in game time spent only. Please reconsider this type of thing for the future CM items. No in game system should be able to be bought with RL money they should reflect and reward time spent in game only. Edited by Philastra

I see a lot posting about the speed at which CM items are produced and I can say that it is a lot easier to add an item w/o quests and such behind it, with that said they could add new drops to end game bosses just as easy. The main concern I have is that the CM was supposed to be asthetic items only, in game systems like the REP one, should not be bought with RL money. These should reflect in game time spent only. Please reconsider this type of thing for the future CM items. No in game system should be able to be bought with RL money they should reflect and reward time spent in game only.

Totally agree with the bolded parts. I really don't know what my sub pays for anymore other than the ability to use already implemented systems like hiding head slot and such.

subscriber of course and I spend money on the CM stuff, packs etc. I enjoy it and want special unique items for my characters, especially armor. I noticed they took the gree armor off the market, good thing I bought two sets before they did. All my characters have a certain look that I can't get with in game armor models since most of them really aren't nice. Would I love to see more in game armor models that didn't have pointy shoulders or be all brown, yes I would but I will also do what it takes to keep the game alive because I am loving it again.

Oh I was also very surprised to find reputation boosts. I'll be selling them since I prefer to play the game as it was meant to be played.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

It does seem that the team working on the cartel market stuff are far more productive than any of the teams working on the game.

Are BW aware that without a game to play the Cartel market stuff wont sell? It seems the money from the cartel market is being put into producing more cartel market items and not improvements to the game. Look at the Patch notes since the cartel market went live. Note after note of Cartel changes and then a couple of bug fixes. Anyone reading that would think the game was full of content and bug free.

As for what the Cartel maket is churning out, is there any chance we will ever see new species, we seem to have been waiting on the Cathar and thats a poor choice to be waiting so long on. Or items asked for in the cartel market request that aren't just recoloured versions of what is already in game or so similar you would have a hard time telling them apart.

The CM team always will be because it's the cash cow and 99% of what they design is vanity which makes it much easier since it's mostly art.

Totally agree with the bolded parts. I really don't know what my sub pays for anymore other than the ability to use already implemented systems like hiding head slot and such.

In game rewards should equal time spent which should give us rewards that are only obtainable for doing quest or other in game activities. It give the game substance and creates reason to do for example the rep grind(keeps us playing) and get gear that should be only obtainable by doing such activities to reflect our time spent . Being able to just buy it outright cheapens the game, and time of ppl playing it.

Hey Philastra!

-eric

I mean this as non-combatively as possible, but I make this simple request - prove it.

I sincerely want to see all of this content that seems to be in perpetual development. I want this game to once again find its footing. We've been given platitudes like this since before the game launched, and I've simply burned out on them.

We've been told that dual specializations are coming.

We've been told that a new playable species (and possible more) is coming.

We've been told that more romance options are coming.

We've been told that an expansion is coming.

We've been told that updates to the CE store are coming.

We've been told that more class story is coming.

We've been told that some kind of "secret space project" is coming.

We've been told a great deal more than all this.

We've had an absolutely excellent game constructed in our imaginations by BioWare employees, old and new. All I ask for is that we actually start to see these things materialize. I've stuck through some pretty rough times with SW:TOR, but I'm just putting it out there that I won't treat it as many did with SW:G.

I refuse to play another MMO based on what it could be, what it "will" be - I'd like to be able to play SW:TOR for what it is, not what I hope it will become.

I really don't think that BioWare realizes how many players are waiting in the wings for some of these long-promised features to materialize. There are diehard fans out there that are watching your every move, but they don't play simply because they are waiting.

Edited by CelCawdro

As a subscriber, here is my response...

- I have seen no new playable content for sub 50 level character since launch, again excluding limited time events and also space missions which I also have no desire to play.

- I was told the Makeb "expansion" would be free, now it is not.

You likely won't see any new sub 50 content anytime soon except maybe some side quests here and there. That progression path is already laid out to where those doing space missions too won't end up doing even half the side quests before leaving any particular planet in many cases and there are more than enough quests for those who don't do space missions. They never promised Makeb would be free ever to anyone, sub or free..

wanted to post, but this says all.

if they are different teams why dont we see as much items added to the game (and not the cash shop) ? crafting in this game left broken since release but you keep adding new stuff to the shop. the thing is, adding items to the game dont give extra $$$.

No, the thing is with no new dungeons there is no need for new gear.

New gear is coming in 2.0, and so is new dungeons.

Never have I seen a game that released new gear before releasing a new dungeon.

Hey Philastra!

-eric

BW just ruined the crafting by all the items from the CM, i cant even sell a speeder which take me a lot to make while a speeder with the three speeds on it is sold for 10k credits.

i dont know if that is part of the "Plan" but you are just messing/ruining part of the game there.

You likely won't see any new sub 50 content anytime soon except maybe some side quests here and there. That progression path is already laid out to where those doing space missions too won't end up doing even half the side quests before leaving any particular planet in many cases and there are more than enough quests for those who don't do space missions. They never promised Makeb would be free ever to anyone, sub or free..

It was actually mentioned that the Makeb patch would be the largest free update in MMO history when it was announced. Plans change, some will understand this and some will not, but this was overtly stated.

I mean this as non-combatively as possible, but I make this simple request - prove it.

I sincerely want to see all of this content that seems to be in perpetual development. I want this game to once again find its footing. We've been given platitudes like this since before the game launched, and I've simply burned out on them.

We've been told that dual specializations are coming.

We've been told that a new playable species (and possible more) is coming.

We've been told that more romance options are coming.

We've been told that an expansion is coming.

We've been told that updates to the CE store are coming.

We've been told that more class story is coming.

We've been told that some kind of "secret space project" is coming.

We've been told a great deal more than all this.

We've had an absolutely excellent game constructed in our imaginations by BioWare employees, old and new. All I ask for is that we actually start to see these things materialize. I've stuck through some pretty rough times with SW:TOR, but I'm just putting it out there that I won't treat it as many did with SW:G.

I refuse to play another MMO based on what it could be, what it "will" be - I'd like to be able to play SW:TOR for what it is, not what I hope it will become.

I really don't think that BioWare realizes how many players are waiting in the wings for some of these long-promised features to materialize. There are diehard fans out there that are watching your every move, but they don't play simply because they are waiting.

They also never said or promised when any of it was coming except that it was down the road in the future. People tend to forget that the game has only been out just a bit over a year. The only thing where they can be really held accountable for would be the CE vendor which they stated would absolutely get regular updates per GZ which it hasn't seen anything new.

It was actually mentioned that the Makeb patch would be the largest free update in MMO history when it was announced. Plans change, some will understand this and some will not, but this was overtly stated.

They tend to always throw in the fine print that anything is subject to change just like when they mention anything they have planned, one has to assume it's not confirmed until they announce it officially and not just talk or post about it.

Keep spinning, doc.

This.