Add a "Healing Received" Column

Shadix

Ever wonder why an above average skilled player like yourself does so little damage compared to others? Is your WZ healer 99% healing just themselves? Are you really receiving the healing you deserve for throwing your guard on healers?

A "healing received" column detailing just how much healing each character gets could help hold healers accountable for their actions on the battlefield. Example: If you're a ball carrier in Huttball and you receive less than the guy fighting off to the side. Wouldn't that be nice to know?

Or how about that guy (or girl!) who is just murdering you at every interaction and they think they are top **** because they roll with a pocket healer. Would be nice to know these things...

What does the PvP community think?

Yes, that's a good idea!

In pug wzs, often times the healers don't heal the team at all, just themselves or their favorite tank/dps/guildie.

Yet they still get a bunch of mvp votes for big scoreboard numbers (not that mvp votes matter, but it still isn't right to get rewarded for a sham).

Yes, that's a good idea!

In pug wzs, often times the healers don't heal the team at all, just themselves or their favorite tank/dps/guildie.

Yet they still get a bunch of mvp votes for big scoreboard numbers (not that mvp votes matter, but it still isn't right to get rewarded for a sham).

So at the end of the match and you point to the healer and say "AHA! YOU WERE HEALING YOURSELF THE ENTIRE MATCH!"

The healer will say "DUH IM A HEALER THEY WERE ATTACKING ME"

A healing received column would prove nothing to you

And of course the healer is going to prioritize the tank that is guarding them. this is so derp i don't know what else to say except derp

Edited by Arlanon

So at the end of the match and you point to the healer and say "AHA! YOU WERE HEALING YOURSELF THE ENTIRE MATCH!"

And of course the healer is going to prioritize the tank that is guarding them. this is so derp i don't know what else to say except derp

but you can clearly look at the damage taken vs the healing received to see if the healer was justified in his heals. I think the OP's original comment was directed at tanks too.. if a tank guards the healer, is the healer actually healing the tank?

I think this would be a nice feature to have.

For no other reason, I'd like to see this for the sorcerer 'healers' who spent half the WZ consumption healing themselves or padding their stats after the match outcome is effectively determined. My second char is a sorc healer and that annoys the living crap out of me. Edited by islander

As a healer, you heal who needs healing the most to further the objective - and that's not always your tank or guild buddy. If you don't understand that, don't play a healer.

I've seen plenty of that in huttball:

"Eff the ball carrier, I gotta heal my smasher who's mindlessly brawling in the middle!"

While we're at it, change kills to Kills/Assists.

Make killing blows = kills.

Make healing done to a player who killed someone = an assist.

Make damaging someone who you didn't get the KB on = an assist.

"Eff the ball carrier, I gotta heal my smasher who's mindlessly brawling in the middle!"

Keyword here: in the middle. lol How is that not important?

Edited by Aramyth

Absolutely! 1-healers get most of the credit for a win. "Oh man look at the heals that's why they/we won." 2-this will show where EVERYONE is in a match. If you died 12 times taking 68k damage and received 2400 healing either you're facetanking where you shouldn't be or you're not helping the healer so they aren't helping you.

However, with this you'll need protection received also to demonstrate why they can heal so much. Afterall let's give credit where credit is due.

when you get heals you see the name of the healer..i'm sure that if you remember the big numbers of the smashes you get, you'll remember also heals that kept you alive in crucial situations..

i roll only healers and tanks so i'm not here to troll...i like stats so this would be certainly interesting but i'd add a section with more detailed stats..not just a column..you cannot base your mvp vote (huhu a commendation more!)totally on the final board..

concerning what I think about your idea, there are a lot of problems right now with balance in pvp. I'd rather not waste developer resources on a "healing received" column if it meant that real problems weren't getting fixed. Edited by Grouchy_one

Yeah if you keep dying over and over again whilst guarding a healer without any green numbers popping up on your toon, you aren't being healed.

Phew, glad we took care of that.

you missed the part where this is america

we have to have technology do everything for us

the cashier told me to wait while she called for help because the register was down and she couldn't figure out how to manually calculate that i should get 57 cents back in change. i told her it was 57 cents but she didnt believe me

i waited there for 5 minutes for that 57 cents

- If you are a tank who loves to LoS their healer and stay as far away from their healer - then expect to die

- If you are a tank who goes to far our and over extends - expect to die

- If you are a tank in s*** gear and you are vsing a good team - expect to die

It really is a two way street, healers need to help their team but tanks need to help their healers. If i had a dollar for every tank that slaps a guard on a healer then runs off and says "why aren't you healing me?" I would be pretty darn rich. Healers are there to help a team not cater to each individual's needs. But to all the healers that don't help their tanks/team - STOP BEING A SELFISH NOOBS!!

when you get heals you see the name of the healer..i'm sure that if you remember the big numbers of the smashes you get, you'll remember also heals that kept you alive in crucial situations..

i roll only healers and tanks so i'm not here to troll...i like stats so this would be certainly interesting but i'd add a section with more detailed stats..not just a column..you cannot base your mvp vote (huhu a commendation more!)totally on the final board..

Exactly, I can tell when the healer is healing me and who it is healing me. The one that helps me the most usually is the one who gets my vote anyhow.