Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

StephenReid

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say that is great news..........

But........

Will we be able to remain where we are currently, the US friends i have played WoW with for the last seven years mean alot to me me and i would like to enjoy this game with them and not move to an Australian server (that will probably get carried off by a dingo:rolleyes:)

Edited by LucasBishop

Well they should know the number of current Australia/New Zealand players, as well as the numbers playing out of Asia (they will probably jump to Oceania servers.)

As long as their calculations of projected sales is good, they should be able to implement enough servers to have minimal queuing hopefully...

Will be good though.....

But in saying that, when I normally have been playing at night here, the queuing on the servers is not really present....

Wait Stephen just to clarify, does this mean that previously named US West, East, or EU servers that have a large Australian and New Zealand population will be renamed "Oceania"?

Can you tell me some names of these servers that have large australian populations? Would love to hang out with other aussies :)

Warriors of the Shadow has a Australian presence with minimal queues

Unless forced or free I cant see myself moving servers... I will even sit in a 2+ hour queue if I have too :)

Should have had them at official release along with local sales but the alternative while a bit more organising thankfully has worked out.

I'm remembering other MMOs that had servers labelled "Oceanic" but US based people would still roll on them because they lived really close to an ocean. :D

And it's not like we oceanic people on launch day all logged on to give queues to everyone else. We've been playing in the beta test weekends, both closed and open - our numbers were taken into account when the number of servers were determined.

And then there's timezones - while there is some overlap, our primetime is US sleepy time.

But that's all trivial, knowing that we'll actually have low-ping Aussie servers?! I LOVE YOUSE* ALL!

YOUSE = BioWare

I take back anything negative I said in previous posts.

My order from Amazon arrived on the 19th AND there was a grace period after all.

Now we find out there will be ACTUAL Australian servers and we will likely get to transfer our guilds.

Much love from down under Bioware, seriously. You have made our Christmas.

Hats off to you sir.

Edited by EternityDre

Also, most of us Aussies are more then happy playing on US servers, we have to for most games so kind of used to it.

Besides by March, 2012 I dont think I'll want to be moved from my current server, already making out of guild contacts for flashpoints and pvp.

You better move to your own server when March comes around :jawa_evil:

Just kidding, you're welcome to stay here with us. The more the merrier :)

Bioware seem like they are bending over backwards to accommodate us and it just bugs me when I see people saying stuff like "meh i'm going to stay put blah blah i dont mind 200-300ms pings blah blah".

Why are so many people averse to change being a good thing?

Bioware seem like they are bending over backwards to accommodate us and it just bugs me when I see people saying stuff like "meh i'm going to stay put blah blah i dont mind 200-300ms pings blah blah".

Why are so many people averse to change being a good thing?

I for one play with a well established gaming community and involved with currently 3 mmos they are apart of. I have built up friendships over the past 5 years and thats why I'm going nowhere.

I rather play with friends and people I know than to play with people I don't.

Edited by grailian