Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

Since my topic about Frostclaw EU got locked.

Bioware could you please take a good look at this server, something has to be done.

Our guild was assigned to this realm with the early access and we started to play there early on.

Before launch the queues became very long and we weren't sure if you kept the server capacity low on purpose for launch.

Now a bit later and the queue is out of control.

People that come out of work have to wait +3 hours to get in, even around 23:30 the queue is + 2 hours.

11:25 and a +500 queue this is around a hour wait on this server in the morning on a week day.

We're having a problem in our guild since most people are a bit higher level and know people on the server.

Leaving means we have to start all over again and say our goodbyes because you didn't locked this server when it was full.

The result is that new people roll on Frostclaw forcing established guilds to leave.

We can't raid or play together since it's impossible to get in.

Simply put increase server capacity and lock it so people can enjoy your product.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Reid we are a guild who is playing together since 8 years ago 50+ people playing together, do you think is easy to move all those people to reroll?, too easy to say "if u do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server" when all of us play this since first days of EGA most of chars level 30+ all crew skills above 300. This is another way to say that is our fault cause we choose wrong. So ..... this is going out of your hands and we are paying for it ..... sadly ......

Agree with this.

We have been together for 7 years and before the announcement of the closure of SWG we had a cap of 500 active members. Many of these, around 200 plan on coming to Tor, with about 80 of us already here but unable to get on to the server you assigned us to. In fact in SWG we had up to 60 members on at a time, most i have seen with the 80 or so here atm is 14. Sums up the ques. Being a great game and new game we should have at least 3 times that number.

Many members have been put off buying the game through word of mouth about the ques. Many will simply not subscribe if it continues.

As for roll on a new server. Wow. Total lack of understanding on guilds.

By the way, whilst i understand the game is new and there are issues, i did roll a character on a light server, at least i can try out other professions this way. Guess what, server is now full and que.

So i rolled a 3rd one, on another light server. Guess that will be full tonight also.

So what, im supposed to give up the guild, friends and spent my time constantly making new characters to level 5 before said server is full, then go back and delete 1st few so i can roll new ones?

Get this fixed asap or lose alot of players in a few weeks time.

is server cap being raised some time soon? been waiting more then an hour to join nightmare lands on a work day!!

last week on some evenings i couldnt play on euro primetime and now on launch +1 the queue is 600 on 8am.

a plan is needed look to the future we must

Unacceptable. It's like:

Hey guys come play, this game is awesome, we will place your guild for you, and everything.

And now:

Well it seems we failed with this approach, so if you want to play you have to re-roll because we were unprepared, and we're not able to transfer characters. Also we'll not increase the caps significantly, just because.... oh and btw queues will remain no matter what, as we are too busy counting our money rather than fixing this.

100 steps in 45 min so... i have to wait 10 hours to get in game as i have 1400 still ahead???????? My chars are on this server, my friends are on this server and more than 60 hours gameplay are invested on this server. FFS FIX THIS &%$·$&% ISSUE :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The problem me and my guildies are experiencing is our guild was assigned to Tomb of Freedon Nad, all our buddies who want to play or who signed up for the guild don't have much choice. We registered months ago, thinking it would help us find a good server, in fact it's done the complete opposite.

Easy solution: Guilds get transfered off Freedon Nad and divided amongst low/medium pop servers. Sitting in queue for hours whilst everyone is trying to stay logged on by exploits; not exactly fun.

I understand the difficulty you guys at bioware/ea are facing but understand our situation: I started queueing at 08:30, it's now 12:00 and I'm in position 354.

Is transferring whole guilds really going to disrupt everything? If anything, I think it will encourage people to fill up the low pop servers where their friends would then be.

ToFN - 9:46 CET queue position 950

ToFN - 11:54 CET still in queue .. position 497.

well... if this trend will continue, we will have to wait about 8 hours to get into play on peak hours... something has to be done really soon, because christmass holyday are comming... and this will be even worse..

Or u rise the cap of the server instead of creating new one. or u put the free transfer chance as an option so ppl can leave the server towards another one, but this u have to do in about a week or many players will leave the game cause after a week they are still trying to play the game for the first time .

I have to go to the Doctor at 12.

15mins to walk there. Maybe 30mins waiting. 15 mins to walk back. I should be home around 1ish.

I am queuing to get in to ToFN since 9am. Still 778 ahead of me.

Will that still be in place when I come back? Will I get in and get timed out while I am at the Doctors?

They dont want to admit they failed miserably so they will refuse transferring guilds until things get much worse.Foolish imo.

Well news is circulating on gaming sites about the complaints and ques. Many guild members yet to come across from Star Wars Galaxies have heard about the ques and have been put off buying the game, for now at least, Alot of the guild will not subscribe after the 1st 30 days if this persists.

Brilliant game but could be a flop (they need to cover costs so need alot of subs) in 30 days time if alot of guilds walk away

The problem is that there are a lot of more server on US than EU. In Europe we are also a lot of people.

The superiority of the USA against other countries is disgusting. The USA is not better than Europe, so put MORE SERVERS ON EUROPE!

Just for information just because a guild was deployed on a specifik server which to clarify meant that you got an guild ivnite if you joined that server and the guild name was reserved nothing else.

The guild could have picked any other server at day1 with no problem.

So dont say they forced the server choice which is totally false at least when it comes to eu servers.

Normally i never use to flame on forums, even i dont use to post, but this morning im really frustrated, im signed up and following this game since 2008, almost four years, this morning i tryed to play at 10:30 am in Spain 1400th in queue no is 12:00 and im 960th Oficially 2 hours waiting but all of us know that 1.5k queue is more than 5 hours waiting. This is not a launch is a JOKE .......

Good stuff! thanks for the update

What update please? There's nothing new added that we already don't know. Situation remains the same, without any visible actions. Queues remain the same, no visible cap increase, no transfers, no ETAs... so what exactly is good here? A wall of text without any useful information. Thanks so much indeed.

LOL I almost fell from the chair reading this post.

3 US vs. 9 EU queued servers!? Are you kidding me?

Why the difference???

Can someone answer this for me, because I don't get it.

Initially there was a lot more US servers than EU. BW underestimated us.

There is also a concern where the game infrequently locks up, forcing a cold boot, and then the player who may have been grouped with friends now is facing the tail end of a very long queue. In other MMOs, often there is a timer on a player who is abruptly disconnected allowing a player that has experienced such a internet or game failure to reboot and reconnect to server right where they left off. Such a timer typically was about 10 minutes before the server times the disconnected toon out.

Perhaps something like this could be considered here solving the internet disconnect as well as other lockup causes.

Kerlin,

Community Leader

Edited by Kerlin