Shadow Teleport and Sage 10-Second God Mode

Heezdedjim

You can be healed through it and as far as the healing sorc goes...

Corrupted Barrier ~ "Your Static Barrier and Force Barrier heal you for 1% of your total health every second for as long as they last

So a static barrier, resurgence, innervate and force barrier and any other HoT ability might bring you back to 100%.

Also, should kill time for your team to show up.

Awesome, hope theres a healer following my healer around......

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be healed through it and as far as the healing sorc goes...

Corrupted Barrier ~ "Your Static Barrier and Force Barrier heal you for 1% of your total health every second for as long as they last

So a static barrier, resurgence, innervate and force barrier and any other HoT ability might bring you back to 100%.

Also, should kill time for your team to show up.

This^^^

As a healer you have the proc on the aoe now so put that down and have some heals tick on you while channeling the barrier and you will come out of it with full HP. Ten seconds is a loooong time in-game so even if you're pugging with the most clueless people in the history of gaming there's a good chance that atleast one of them will happen to stumble upon you.

Pointless 1v1? So eating all that dmg inside of a stun is better than using this ability? Or have you never heard of stalling to have cooldowns reset, or your resolve so the sorc can stun u more.

2 ticks on door left, and only the sorc is alive. Bam, god mode...stop the cap at 7 secs until team returns. Same for civil war, novare, hyper gates. Who knows if this prevents death from detonation.

Sages were fine as is, but I do like alot of the changes I see done to our trees. Balance got its dot damage beefed up. Telekinetic actually looks like it might be fun to use. And my 12-17-12 hybrid I've been using for fun is still viable with 2.0 just now it will be 13-16-17 Other then the concerns of TimeToKill being reduced again like in 1.2 I am excited about the changes. Just hope they can balance the TTK before it goes live. Granted alot of those concerns probably stem from the bolster bug

If you havent seen the new trees here you go

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

It won't be in 2.0. :mad: It's way up in the 6th tier now. Insta-whirlwind is also gone.

Well I did say I had a full downloadstun...

Nooooooo :( Overload was useless before I went hybrid, knockback 3 melee but can only slow one, other two just run back and resume pounding and the third leaps :(

The root on overload is awesome and IMO required BASELINE for a class that is supposed to survive by kiting.

Now I have to find some other way to CC the hordes that wish to kill me--is the affliction slow in corruption tree still only 10/20%?

I guess I can pop the interrupt immunity that all sorcs will get and throw down revivification, but that's only available every couple minutes instead of every 20 seconds...and I'd waste 8 seconds of the interrupt cooldown with the channel bubble :/

I never had instant-whirlwind, as I've always healed and never had an extra 18 points for madness, I pretty much used electric bindings in its place.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Nooooooo :( Overload was useless before I went hybrid, knockback 3 melee but can only slow one, other two just run back and resume pounding and the third leaps :(

The root on overload is awesome and IMO required BASELINE for a class that is supposed to survive by kiting.

Now I have to find some other way to CC the hordes that wish to kill me--is the affliction slow in corruption tree still only 10/20%?

I guess I can pop the interrupt immunity that all sorcs will get and throw down revivification, but that's only available every couple minutes instead of every 20 seconds...and I'd waste 8 seconds of the interrupt cooldown with the channel bubble :/

I never had instant-whirlwind, as I've always healed and never had an extra 18 points for madness, I pretty much used electric bindings in its place.

heres the new trees

Force Barrier is a channeled Stun. The person the Sorcerer channels it on can't move, can't attack, can't heal, or use any utility abilities. But it is only self-targetable. It's another kiting tool in a game that is all about objectives. It may have a use or two, but 99.99% of the ability is stupid and useless and won't do anything except prolong a loss.

Other classes get things like a 60M teleport so they can guard a node without even having to guard a node. For the best node guarder in the game. They get things like reflect 100% of all damage done for 3 seconds back at the caster. For a class with all sorts of survivability tools. They get things like a damaging ability that can be used while CC'd and isn't on the GCD so can add burst. For the class with possibly the most burst in the game. They get things like a 30M ranged ability that does damage and slows a target. From a melee class. Sorcerer's get a self stun.

Plus now force lightning can be shielded, bubble stun is gone, but smash gets buffed. And doesn't have to worry about getting reflected since it is an AoE ability...?

That post reminds me of what mages where complaining about ice block at WoW on early stages. Some of them even created long "well thought" posts about it. Except they were wrong.

As a bubble stun spec sorc, I'm glad they nerfed bubble stun. I can now put those points elsewhere on my Sorc. Previously, I was obligated to take that spec to be competitive in ranked WZs. Glad it won't be so any more. And the other goodies sound great!

But I am surprised about the slight buff to smash. The crit procs more easility now and with faster smash execution, a knockback to avoid the smash will be harder to pull off -- in theory, of course, subject to testing, but in my experience with the game as-is, that slight delay before the smash lands is very helpful to get out of range, execute a knockback or drop Entrench to mitigate the AOE damage.

In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, the best "fix" for smash is to require smashers to balance crit rating, surge and power like every other class. It is the autocrit plus stacking power with no need to balance crit rating that is the problem. It takes about 300 Crit Rating to hit the softcap for critical chance. Three hundred less power would bring the spec into more reasonable damage numbers. Again, just my opinion.

Force Barrier is a 10 second channeled ability, its not like you can do anything else while you are using it.

it will be interesting to see how it plays out in voidstar but also other node capping WZs. Also, can you be moved, stunned or knocked back while channeling? If not, hello hutball guardian leap target.

EDIT: reread the description, no knockback or stun while channeling. Yeah, this makes sages much stronger node guards. Not as good as shadows with phase walk ...

I just browsed the Guardian tanking skill tree and I find the changes interesting.

Edited by funkiestj

i'll start. nerf force barrier. buff smash even more.

ummmmmmm, SWEEP/SMASH is getting a NERF. You people don't realize, its not being changed from building 4 stacks of singularity in 3 seconds... u can ONLY STACK 3 Singularity now in 3 seconds (force exhaustion in particular).... LoL

Edited by Fozy

ummmmmmm, SWEEP/SMASH is getting a NERF. You people don't realize, its not being changed from building 4 stacks of singularity in 3 seconds... u can ONLY STACK 3 Singularity now in 3 seconds (force exhaustion in particular).... LoL

A lot of us do not understand because we have never played the class. Not trying to be and *** I have heard it is a nerf but I don't understand the mechanics that have changed would you be willing to give us a break down? If nothing else it would hopefully educate some of us on the class.

A lot of us do not understand because we have never played the class. Not trying to be and *** I have heard it is a nerf but I don't understand the mechanics that have changed would you be willing to give us a break down? If nothing else it would hopefully educate some of us on the class.

On live, there are three ways to build shockwave, which increases damage of smash up to 100% with 4 charges - force choke, enrage, and force crush. In 2.0, it will only take 3 stacks to reach 100%, but force choke no longer works. Force crush ticks quicker, so it will build the maximum number of stacks faster, and slow the target from 50-5% movement speed over 3 seconds instead of 60-10% over 5. It will also likely do less damage. Enrage's cooldown will be lower than it was, but overall there will be fewer buffed smashes over time.

More importantly, force critical hits are increased 30% with the current patch, and in 2.0 they will be increased only 15%, so smash damage is down. All the rest of their damage will be increased 9% after using smash for 6 seconds. This isn't long enough to work on the next smash, but may keep the sustained single target damage close to what it was at the cost of burst.

tldr; giant smashes will happen less often and won't hit as hard

Both of these abilities are OP.

Phase Walk and 10 sec immunity for Sorce should be kind of nerfed.

But you should also start talking about the Smash not being Nerfed and to boost that Juggs/Guardians getting "3 Seconds Reflection" ability

Juggs/Guardian:

Let's imagine a Juggernaut in a RWZ, and the opposite team is planning to focus him next.

Then they focus him, and THEN he pops his 3 seconds reflection, half of opponents team (if not everyone) that attacks the Juggernaut will get the damage they were supposed to do on him, Reflected back on themselves.

So all of them would end up with Low Health, basically 1 Jugg killing whole team by himself.

Sniper/Gunslingers:

Same with Snipers, they get a 20 meters dodge....while they already have so freaking many CC's abilities (roots, slow, stunns). TO boost the Dodge remove all impairing movement effects and DODGE every attack durning the roll.

Then even Stealthy will have hard time coming close to them, since they get Up to freaking 30 stacks of Stealth Detection. While Operatives and Assassins can only get up to maximum of like 17 - 20 Stealth, and only for a couple of seconds.

Otherwise they can just target Stealthy from 30 meters range, and vanishing won't be a choice cause they can see you anway.

Isn't that kind of OP against Stealthy which already be having Mercs/Commando that have amazing DoT's that make Assassins/Shadows not be able to Vanish, Force Speed.

Vanguards/Powertech:

About these you don't need to even talk. From already 2 buttons OP DPS, to even more OP DPS only thought with 3 buttons. Just AoE their DoTs.

Mercenaries/Commando:

I think they needed the buff. Just maybe the DoT that makes Stealthy not be able to vanish, or use Force Speed, and cannot be cleanesed.

Isn't that kind of OP against Stealthy which already be having Snipers that have amazing burst on their necks.

Marauders/Sentinels:

They are still OP from patch 1.2, no plans of Nerfeding them just making them even more OP.....

They got 8 CD's, the most irritating is that they got: 4 seconds; 99% damage reduction and they can get healed up while having 99% DMG Reduction. Then they can still Vanish.....

(While using the 99% DMG Reduction or Vanish, the Marauders/Sentinels should get Healing Received reduced by 99% for duration of the ability. Just like Assassins/Shadows or Operatives/Scoundrels get when they Vanish).

Everyone dies when they get focused by people, and no healer on him, so don't say that Marauders/Sentinels needs so many CD's.

On live, there are three ways to build shockwave, which increases damage of smash up to 100% with 4 charges - force choke, enrage, and force crush. In 2.0, it will only take 3 stacks to reach 100%, but force choke no longer works. Force crush ticks quicker, so it will build the maximum number of stacks faster, and slow the target from 50-5% movement speed over 3 seconds instead of 60-10% over 5. It will also likely do less damage. Enrage's cooldown will be lower than it was, but overall there will be fewer buffed smashes over time.

More importantly, force critical hits are increased 30% with the current patch, and in 2.0 they will be increased only 15%, so smash damage is down. All the rest of their damage will be increased 9% after using smash for 6 seconds. This isn't long enough to work on the next smash, but may keep the sustained single target damage close to what it was at the cost of burst.

Thank that was actually really helpful and made a lot of sense. So do you think they were trying to make it less of a one trick pony? From you post it looks pretty bad you lose 2 seconds off of what seems a major ability and lose one avenue of stacking. As well as 15% damage. With the only gain being 9% to damage after smash. What do you think this will do to game play? Do the new abilities compensate at all?

You know, I have to hand it to them. They just solved every single class balance problem in the game with one patch. Get ready to forget everything you thought you knew about what is broken in this game, cause it's a brand new day. At least it will mix up the topics of the whine threads around here for a while.

They should have called this 5.0.

So let me see if I got this new update:

Assassin 23/23

Low Slash replaces spike out of stealth

Working Shield

Duplicity

Energize/Chain Shock/induction mauls

An additional damage reduction with hallow

30% dmg increase to lacerate

Magic teleport

Ok. Wait till you fight that spec when the stealth attack you with recklessness. Spike, Maul, shock, low slash, maul, shock.

While you deal with either force shroud actually working with a shield attack, add mitigating inbound damage because of dark embrace. Overcharge saber and dark embrace granting 25% dmg reduction each. An AOE 30% dmg reduction and the shield reduction.

Hmmm. Force barrier resets force speed for healer sages. And shadows have instant teleportation. And guardians have friendly leap. Why do I have a feeling there is some unstoppable combo to score in hutball with these 3 classes in a matter of a few gcds and animation times?

Guardians reflection is seriously OP. It should be shortened its duration or have a limited number of charges with each reflection consuming one charge. Slingers seem to become unkillable by melee dps with their new defensive sbilities and they were already unkillable by ranged dps head to head. Only class which had a change were balance sages with dots and los, but now slingers get a cleansing of all enemy effects ability, which I wonder if this also includes dots. If that's the case there is no single class that can go head to head with them. And it's a pity cause they were one of the most balanced classes more or less in the game. Edited by MusicRider

^This. Finally someone that actually read & tested the actual changes instead of speculating.

With only Force Exhaustion & Zen/Combat Focus to generate stacks for smash there will be less buffed smashes.

Take in account as well that Force Exhaustion can be cleansed by sorc/sages and can be removed from self by scoundrel/operative dodge as well as sin/shadow's Resilience. Therefor putting smash back to a 'reasonable level of AoE dmg output.

That post reminds me of what mages where complaining about ice block at WoW on early stages. Some of them even created long "well thought" posts about it. Except they were wrong.

Ice block was *********** awesome. People will stop crying about force barrier when they actually get to use it.

So basically zen still builds singularity stacks? Then the frequency remains as it is. At the moment you can sustain the frequency of your smashes with just zen and force exhaustion. 9% extra damage after smash means 3k slashes, near 5k blade storms, nearly guaranteed 5k dispatches?

So let me see if I got this new update:

Assassin 23/23

Low Slash replaces spike out of stealth

Working Shield

Duplicity

Energize/Chain Shock/induction mauls

An additional damage reduction with hallow

30% dmg increase to lacerate

Magic teleport

Ok. Wait till you fight that spec when the stealth attack you with recklessness. Spike, Maul, shock, low slash, maul, shock.

While you deal with either force shroud actually working with a shield attack, add mitigating inbound damage because of dark embrace. Overcharge saber and dark embrace granting 25% dmg reduction each. An AOE 30% dmg reduction and the shield reduction.

Someone want to try something as an assassin on test center? Run 19/27/0 (Or something that gets you energize, chain shock and crackling blast). Be in dark charge. Proc Energize with thrash. Cast Recklessness and then shock. Report back the damage totals. Especially if you get a chain shock to fire

Darkness should provide near limitless force with a shield triggering 2% force restore everytime it hits, blood of the sith, dark embrace. I am interested to see just how hard you can hit someone with induction, duplicity, shock.

How's lacerate now with force managment?

Well, as a healer, you'll love the next change I saw, too. Now instead of Lightning Barrier improving your Static barrier by 10%/20%, it only bumps it 5%/10%. I'd like to think some of this will change before it goes live, but I'm not getting my hopes up.