What the heck is this?! This is a joke! New armor models up. Gremlins and moths :l:l

Alec_Fortescue

Well I really like the new Set for Jedi Knights. At least THIS ONE. Looks like armor with a classic'ish robe on top :jawa_biggrin: Also the shoulders look like they are meant for protection this time instead of getting you stuck between the doorways.

So good job, BioWare!

Edited by Aelther

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will people understand they are using art that was too poor to put in the game in the first place?

It's still the unused, out-sourced crap that got C, D and F grades by the original BioWare team.

That's why the sets still look atrocious, for the most part.

Any good looking armor sets will go into cartel packs.

On the plus side, all the new adaptive armor coming into the game is making for players coming up with some unique, cool looks.

I'm actually liking some of the JK armour. Now the other 7 Classes...

I just keep shaking my head; what a shame. Awful is the best I can come up with. Why do they insist on sticking grotesque floating pauldrons on JK armor? It looks like an artist who cannot understand plate no matter how hard he/she tries.

If I bother getting it, I'll just rip out the mods.

Cal

Why not just use common sense, and rip the mods out when the patch goes live? Oh, but then you can't complain on the forums. If I get an infraction for this, I don't care. You people will complain about ANYTHING, won't you? You all act like children who didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas. Just grow the hell up, and act like adults. Or maybe you should sue BW because you hate the armor. Because THAT will work....:rolleyes:

Why not just use common sense, and rip the mods out when the patch goes live? Oh, but then you can't complain on the forums. If I get an infraction for this, I don't care. You people will complain about ANYTHING, won't you? You all act like children who didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas. Just grow the hell up, and act like adults. Or maybe you should sue BW because you hate the armor. Because THAT will work....:rolleyes:

This.

Huh? people in this thread have said they like it, or is it that you must like it?

/whisper Mowermanx he hates hoods, does not matter if the rest of the set looks decent now.

Anyway, I've heard synthweavers / armormechs get some new schematics for empty oranges that look decent, so if someone doesn't like the new gear they can use the new crafted gear and / or old cm stuff.

Edited by Aelther

Some of the body armor looks ok. I like the Agent stuff.

All helmets need changing though and they seriously need to get over their large, pointless, shoulder flair fixation.

They seem to be stuck in this opinion that people who play Inquistors are all fantasy 'wizard' minded players who want armor that looks like it's from WoW or something.

KISS.. Keep It Simple Stupid. Stop adding pointless 'bits' everywhere thinking it makes the armor look cooler.. it doesn't.

Edited by Avatarless

I really got the impression, though, that the majority of the scorn was reserved for the headgear, which can be hidden quite easily. Many of the sets look fine apart from that, in my opinion. I think that some of the consular, smuggler, and agent armour pieces look really great, with some of the trooper, warrior and inquisitor items not far behind.

I only show a helm on 1/4 characters(who wouldnt wear a scout trooper helmet?) so I think alot of these look great. I especially like one of the JK and IA sets.

EDIT

Oops! 1 of 4 is what I meant.

Edited by Draekos

I only show a helm on 3/4 characters(who wouldnt wear a scout trooper helmet?) so I think alot of these look great. I especially like one of the JK and IA sets.

I am fine with the trooper/bh and agent gear. You can even see inspiration from Ralph McQuarrie's sketches. But the Force wielder stuff... Pinkish warrior, ,medieval-knight inspired armor and once again hideous outfit for an inquisitor. Don't tell me you don't want the plain black robes.

I am fine with the trooper/bh and agent gear. You can even see inspiration from Ralph McQuarrie's sketches. But the Force wielder stuff... Pinkish warrior, ,medieval-knight inspired armor and once again hideous outfit for an inquisitor. Don't tell me you don't want the plain black robes.

I do, but I would honestly rather those robes come from a synthweaver. So far I like alot of what I see in ROTHC, but crafting needs some love. In general l am ok with what I saw, most all sets had at least a few decent pieces, and the detail on that IA trenchcoat is outstanding.

Edited by Draekos

/whisper Mowermanx he hates hoods, does not matter if the rest of the set looks decent now.

Anyway, I've heard synthweavers / armormechs get some new schematics for empty oranges that look decent, so if someone doesn't like the new gear they can use the new crafted gear and / or old cm stuff.

hehe :)

On the crafting, that sounds great, really overdue for some additions.

medieval-knight inspired armor

Well I always loved a mix of metal and cloth in any game, so i can't wait to turn my Guardian into a Knight Templar wannabe. Also it's not like we haven't seen stuff like this in Star Wars before:

http://www.jedi-business.com/images/actionFigures/cw/cw_KenobiClone_Big_6.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwarsrepublicclonetroopers/images/4/4c/Obi-Wan.jpg

As for

Don't tell me you don't want the plain black robes.

I have that already:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5307/blackrobes.jpg

Is this a PvE or PvP set?

http://i.imgur.com/XuE7N3O.jpg

Both sets are PvE. PvP gets recoloured sets. One "Cheaper" and two "better" ones. So I think it's this one that gets 2 pvp recolours.

Wait a sec... Does that mean the other, hoodless Jedi Knight set will get only one recolour?! *Vader voice* "NOOOOOOO!"

Edited by Alec_Fortescue