Golden Guide - Voidstar

Polymerize

Here is a tip for something that just bit me in the rear. MAKE SURE YOU ARE OUT OF STEALTH WHEN CLICKNG THE FINAL TERMINAL!

I just did a heartbreaker at lunch. Defense first, and just got trounced. Offense time and we had 3 min 30 sec. I was able to stealth cap nearly every door. Some one else planted the final door with 28 seconds left. I stealthed over to the non-contested door with my finger hovering over force run. Got to the bottom of the ramp with 2 seconds left, clicked the terminal and thrust my fists in the air, only a nice red warning told me I could not click in stealth. Bzzzzz, game over before I could get my fingers back on the keyboard. Ouch.

They really need to implement a mechanic that allows you to activate objectives while in stealth(taking you out of stealth simultaneously).

But yeah that sucks haha; that is one of those situations where if i saw you fail like this, I would legit be ticked at you even if you did everything else right! Just how clutch situations are... you don't want to mess in a clutch situation cuz you do not want to be known as a non-clutch player :D but hey no one is perfect all the time, including myself.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one work around to the "no bump" rule is to include a link to the guide in our forum signature.

Thanks for the tip, I will do this.... once I know how to turn the link into a descriptive clickable caption...

Reading through this, I did not notice where you said how to monitor the "ticks" left on the defender respawn timer... Is that something where you have to monitor the doors via mouse-over? Also, for how long is the barrier down?

Reading through this, I did not notice where you said how to monitor the "ticks" left on the defender respawn timer... Is that something where you have to monitor the doors via mouse-over? Also, for how long is the barrier down?

Hey Wes thanks for checking this out your feedback on my other thread was very good. Judging by the things you noticed and appreciated, you must be a pretty good player.

As far as the ticks go, you can see these ticks from anywhere that you are not having line-of-sight issues.

You do not need to hover your mouse over anything. These ticks can be seem if you have a vantage point to see them from.

When the door resets; it will have 4 ticks on it. Each tick lasts approximately ~5 seconds.

You know what's funny, to me at least (you will probably find it sad)... I never realized there was a timer on *my* door until I read your guide. :o It was just like the bug on the windshield, I was too busy looking *through* the door to notice there was anything on it. But now every time I get killed in VS and I see I'm at a full door I think, "dang it all poly and his guide, teaching people when to kill me!" :)

You know what's funny, to me at least (you will probably find it sad)... I never realized there was a timer on *my* door until I read your guide. :o It was just like the bug on the windshield, I was too busy looking *through* the door to notice there was anything on it. But now every time I get killed in VS and I see I'm at a full door I think, "dang it all poly and his guide, teaching people when to kill me!" :)

Haha and you know what the answer is to that, right?

Be aware of the ticks while you're on defense, too.

You could have either let them kill you a couple seconds sooner; or popped all CD's to stay alive. Sometimes it just happens though. But you still can be aware of the ticks on defense and plan/allow your death.

Best case scenario is that when you die, before you even respawn; you have a pretty good idea as to how long it when be till your door opens.

Grunch? Post 61

Hey Wes thanks for checking this out your feedback on my other thread was very good. Judging by the things you noticed and appreciated, you must be a pretty good player.

LOL.... not I! I just started playing PvP within the last month, but I definitely focus on tactics and objectives. Now that I feel like I'm getting the hang of the various zones, I'm spending more time looking at the various strengths of the classes. I definitely like to watch videos like yours because they help me a lot with interface efficiencies that help me monitor the playing field better.

I try to do a couple zones a day; it's like my adrenaline rush between all the PvE activities. :cool:

LOL.... not I! I just started playing PvP within the last month, but I definitely focus on tactics and objectives. Now that I feel like I'm getting the hang of the various zones, I'm spending more time looking at the various strengths of the classes. I definitely like to watch videos like yours because they help me a lot with interface efficiencies that help me monitor the playing field better.

I try to do a couple zones a day; it's like my adrenaline rush between all the PvE activities. :cool:

How do you stand PvE at all?!

And I'm glad my videos are making an impression on someone. Lot more haters than open-minded people.

Like I read the other day though... Haters are my motivators.

If you play on POT5 lets run some games together.?

Wow nice guide, have to say i never thought about the timers on the bombs that way either, i mean trying to plan my death, will have to remember that next time.

Are you making any more?

Also have sent you a private message :)

Edited by Tarotdoom

Appreciate the guide! Sorry to say I'm a Rep player on POT5 :sul_smile:

Thought it was well put together and appreciate your efforts in improving the community as a whole! I didn't have time to read the entire thread but I did read your whole guide and it looked like you had more to address? Will that be finished/consolidated at some point?

Appreciate the guide! Sorry to say I'm a Rep player on POT5 :sul_smile:

Thought it was well put together and appreciate your efforts in improving the community as a whole! I didn't have time to read the entire thread but I did read your whole guide and it looked like you had more to address? Will that be finished/consolidated at some point?

I'll be honest with you, most of the posts in this thread are not worth reading. Big surprise huh? Lol.

There is definitely more to address! I lost the thrill in writing this guide after the sup-par response and acknowledgement from the community as a whole. A late surge in my interest to post in these forums could quite possibly push me to 'finishing' this guide and move on to another guide. Especially since I now have the capability to record videos.

Also constructive posts and acknowledging posts (like your's) do motivate me, without a doubt.

Cheers.

Edited by Polymerize