>>>Bastion Server Official Progression Thread<<<

Stormrayn

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, we were waiting to finish off 8m Styrak HM before posting our progression, but we fell short last night (that's a tight enrage!).

That enrage is pretty temperamental at best.

A few tips that might help your raid:

Make sure the dps understands that the damage done on the huge Nightmarish Styrak shade does not count against his actual HP, so while it's good to burn him quickly here, you want to save your cool downs for normal sized Styrak, if possible.

The first few times Styrak pops up before splitting into the four adds, you don't have a lot of dps time, but as the fight goes on to the third and fourth repetition of this you get more dps time. IT IS VITAL that all 4 dps maximize their rotations to squeeze as much damage in on the boss during this 5-8 seconds every time. The tanks and healers can also get in a little bit on him, every thing helps! Just have to be quick to pair off to your pre-assigned targets when he splits right after.

And lastly, after the second Kell dragon, you might want to have your tanks drag Styrak back under the entry ramp so when they get force pushed, they don't fly 90 meters across the map and the dps doesn't lose range on the pursuing Styrak.

Good Luck with Styrak! Give him the boot!

Yeah, we made those adjustments throughout the night. Our last challenge was to get styrak down to 13% before his next apparition phase and save ourselves valuable time before his enrage. After getting the kell dragon down, the only problem we couldn't overcome was keeping styrak controlled while taunting him to the ramp under the entrance of the room. He just one-shotted everyone one by one. It was nearly impossible to stop him from doing that; lowest we got him down to was about 90k. We'll have him down this week.

Thanks for the support!

<The Red Zone> finally downed Styrak HM (now 7/7 S&V HM). Came in and one-shotted him tonight; really clean kill. Glad we've caught up with the rest of the guilds here and we'll see you guys in 2.2!

Kill: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/fxsotelo/Screenshot_2013-06-10_00_19_28_339131_zps8dc7f431.jpg

Edited by Superllvllan

i would like to see any apac guilds with full hm clears

Notorious Synergy on Dalborra had world 1sts and 2nds on earlier stuff and I know had cleared it all before our forced xfers. All the raiding guilds that I know of from APAC went to Harbinger though, only the PvP guilds from APAC that i know of came to Bastion

I've come to be ok with skipping, if the guild doesnt have the deeps for DG and want to try and/or beat the other encounters I'm ok with it...but I would wait until I beat DG before posting completions of later fights, that's just me :) Edited by odawgg

I've come to be ok with skipping, if the guild doesnt have the deeps for DG and want to try and/or beat the other encounters I'm ok with it...but I would wait until I beat DG before posting completions of later fights, that's just me :)

Guilds that skip wouldn't be shamed if they just removed themselves from the contention list (don't post kills on these forums). As odawgg stated, if you don't have the deeps, there's nothing wrong with moving onto less difficult encounters. Just don't reach for acclaim if you aren't dedicating yourself to linear progression.

Fact is, only guilds that can dedicate 20+ hours of practice should be deserving of the recognition from the progression community.

I'm glad you guys have your opinion. Frankly, I could care less. I didn't post this on your world progression page you made, I posted it on our server forums. We killed the boss. It's that simple. We didn't say "OMG, Server 2nd!!! Write that down!!!". We killed it, thus we posted it. So chill out. We all know you guys are the aces, and we're not even trying to compete with you. ;)

Also, what does dps have to do with anything? You wiped over 100 times to the council. I doubt your dps magically picked up on that last attempt. You simply performed flawlessly that time. Cudos to you. We're glad it came from our server. But there's no reason to bash another guild, one that's been here since launch, and has always performed as well, simply for not following your desired path. We could care less about server/world/US numbers. We just always happen to be up there on the server. /shrug

P.S. I hope you guys go world 1st in NiM S&V. Truly.