[Repairs] Too expensive!!!

Prysha

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't you, no worries. And I didn't mean to make a blanket statement on all gamers, just what I feel is becoming more prevalent, the instant gratification. I honestly haven't seen low level repair bills since I've just been playing the new event, and I'm doubting we'll hear about preferred and f2p lowb's since they can't even post here.

Oh, well now I feel like an idiot because I agree that instant gratification is a problem in our current generation, maybe word it a little less offensively next time XD. Also I was levelling a tank when this patch came up, it's only mid level right now and already repair bills are slowing my progression down, so I guess I can sort of represent the lower level community by saying it's a problem for everyone who has modded gear.

Ok, multiple threads and posters on this issue.

Bioware, can we please get a gold response on WHY this change was made and what your reasoning behind it was? How does tripling repair bills to ALL levels of play benefit the community and the player experience? Why was a fix made more than 8 months ago suddenly unfixed?

And if it is a bug, when can we expect resolution?

It is strait-up shameful that NO ONE at EA/Bioware has commented or offered an explanation. If you want us to think you don't care, well done. :(

The guy said speeders not class skills. I had no idea people were actually struggling with training their class skills since this seemed to be a mostly endgame issue since everybody's talking about their raid bills.

I also never jumped down anybody's throat, just made a comment on the state of gamers today that I feel is totally true, maybe you should relax and take a chill pill. I on the other hand have had YOU jump on me for no reason and another person make a totally un-researched attack on my level of education.

Have you trained speeders? Where do you train it? Under which category in the training vendor does it fall?

Point still stands. Costs are too high, not just for raiders but also for new characters just leveling up.

EA screwed up. This is bad for the game. In just this thread it has cost the game players. Good players. It has also cost noobs the ability to learn more stuff from good players in flash points.

EA has said zero words on the topic.

It's like they're begging us to stop playing...

Why are you defending this EA decision? What GOOD does it do for the game?

Edited by DarthTHC

Have you trained speeders? Where do you train it? Under which category in the training vendor does it fall?

Point still stands. Costs are too high, not just for raiders but also for new characters just leveling up.

EA screwed up. This is bad for the game. In just this thread it has cost the game players. Good players. It has also cost noobs the ability to learn more stuff from good players in flash points.

EA has said zero words on the topic.

It's like they're begging us to stop playing...

Well they did ask us to write our opinions here insted of another topic about the same thing. So they are probebly seeing how big of a probelm this is in one topic. I think this will change. Or this game will die alot earlier than I would ever expect. and again I never thought they would go f2p this early. :/

The guy said speeders not class skills. I had no idea people were actually struggling with training their class skills since this seemed to be a mostly endgame issue since everybody's talking about their raid bills.

I also never jumped down anybody's throat, just made a comment on the state of gamers today that I feel is totally true, maybe you should relax and take a chill pill. I on the other hand have had YOU jump on me for no reason and another person make a totally un-researched attack on my level of education.

Well, your way of phrasing things sure was insulting. It's not too much too expect you'd be able to gather a comfortable amount of credits through levelling. You're not supposed to be getting rich but also not poor-*** broke all the time. How does that even fit into your char's personal story? He or she is roaming around the galaxy helping different factions and barely making ends meet.

As things are standing, people buy packs on the CM in hopes of finding something they can sell on the GTN in hopes of making some cash. I know I've done that. That screws up the economy, even more than it already is.

Seriously, Bioware... can we get a response? Are you even open to discussing the idea of reducing the repair costs? I'm burning 10k a wipe. So not only do we have stupid RNG events randomly kill us and then spend 5 minutes running back to the boss because you're speeder system is pretty much garbage... now I'm also wasting 10k each time I die.

Seriously... fix this. It's annoying.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there, Cartel Repair Kit on the way.

You know, that's fine with me. But they should have introduced that at the same time, rather than wipe out people's credits first. I would have totally spent coins on that, and I suspect many would have. Right now I have no desire to do any of the event or even log on because of this.

Once again, lost opportunity for Bioware. Instead they chose to alienate the community rather than make money.

Again, way to go.

Still no gold post yet? Super. Guess there really is no one in charge over there. What a colossal waste.

:mad:

I am definately very disappointed with this increased cost of repairs. I'm not a casual player by any means. I have several toons at 50, but I'm also not someone who really understands the end game. I was already avoiding hard mode flashpoints and endgame content as I don't understand what I should be doing (or friends to do it with), but knowing that I'm going to toss a crapload of credits out the window on repairs will prevent me from even considering it.

Also, as an alt-o-holic, I don't have a ton of extra credits lying around. 40K for each new toon to get speeder training at 10 adds up fast...not to mention gearing them up and crafting (trying to). The repair costs may well have been artifically low, but I just don't understand how BW does things that so negatively hurt the enjoyment of the players.

You know, that's fine with me. But they should have introduced that at the same time, rather than wipe out people's credits first. I would have totally spent coins on that, and I suspect many would have. Right now I have no desire to do any of the event or even log on because of this.

Once again, lost opportunity for Bioware. Instead they chose to alienate the community rather than make money.

Again, way to go.

Still no gold post yet? Super. Guess there really is no one in charge over there. What a colossal waste.

I totally will never pay CC's to repair gear. I'm trying to be patient while waiting for an EA response to this issue. For me, it's game-breaking. I pretty much need to decide today whether or not to keep my sub running or I get billed for another month.

If I can't do flash points and need to scale back my risk-taking for general questing, well, that's not fun for me so why pay for it?

As been mentioned before the average SWTOR player is a mid 30 male working and having a few hours per week to play. Incidentally so am I.

If you need to spend 2/3 rd of that little spare time to just be able to grind for cash to be able to spend 1/3rd of the time to do what you enjoy, then the fun and recreational factor of the game is gone.

If there is not a moderating factor implemented soon, either increase rewards for dailies or HM Ops -(seriouly HM EC etc bring less cash than a dailies run ... ???? ) or alternatively reduce the cost for gear repairs than this is the end of the game for me.

Just think of how much time and money we will save when we unsub.

Again, way to go.

No gold post in this thread but there are two in the customer service section, both the same rep pointing users to the 'repair costs put an end to my raiding' thread here in the general section. So they are well aware of the situation, something tells me they don't want to say anything yet for fear of stirring the hornets nest more than they have already.

An interesting point on the subject of doing dailies to fund any activiity...

I tend to see it like this, there are 3 types of end game content (broadly).

Group PVE (FP,s Ops), PVP and Solo PVE (dailies). Each one of those types of content should earn you enough money to support continuing that content, not necassarily allow you to get rich off that content alone, but to at least cover the cost of repairs, consumables that sort of thing.

I think this change may now have stopped the ability for group pve to provide enough credits to pay for doing group pve. Some people enjoy dailies, I myself do them every so often and enjoy them. But no one should be forced to grind them to fund playing a part of the game that they enjoy.

Thats like having a job to support doing something I enjoy, I already have one of those, it's called my JOB.

Yeah, the hiked repair costs are ridiculous! Bioware lowered them this time last year to get more folks into endgame ops, and now they're regressing back to an original problem with the game. How stupid is that? I've just started doing PUG Flashpoints and Ops with my level 50 Sith sorceror, and this will be a non-starter for me simply because I won't be able to afford the repairs after every run. :mad:

If they call this normal costs (it takes quite some effort to get to 61-63 gear, especially when customizing it when you get something from cartelpacks etc, now they claim this is normal, like many posted before me, i have 60% 63 and 40% 61 gear, spent more then 100K in a few deaths at a TFB HM. before this patch only orange damage lvl costed about 30 K max, now its atleast 3 times at much.

we didnt get through the 1st boss, imagine what the cost of repairs would be doing the full raid, bosses only drop 1 or 2 pieces of gear.

our whole group lost a million credits in total last night..

luckily the usual droprate of cash on TFB is quite good, but EC and the others are maybe 10% of what drops on TFB. If they want to keep this up they need to increase the cash drops on ops, or make gear suffer no damage when dying in operations.

later i saw an upcoming patch thinking, maybe its a bug they will fix, nope

Edited by corlanicus
forgot something

Yeah, the hiked repair costs are ridiculous! Bioware lowered them this time last year to get more folks into endgame ops, and now they're regressing back to an original problem with the game. How stupid is that? I've just started doing PUG Flashpoints and Ops with my level 50 Sith sorceror, and this will be a non-starter for me simply because I won't be able to afford the repairs after every run. :mad:

Same boat as you, was really enjoying the game will be very difficult now would be nice to have some feed back regarding this change then I can decide what to do with sub which is due.

But I think this is how it is intended to be, hopefully not though.

This is the first MMO my wife and I have ever played. We are not MMO fans but this game really changed our attitudes some, more for her who levels up another char while I am at work, so she plays lots with other prople during the day for many Heroics.

I am an original player, I leveled up a Sentinel to 50 then quit for 7 months and came back in December, with her as well and we now both have 2 lvl 50ties each….

We were just talking about taking the MMO plunge, but reading this and we are not in-game wealthy since we are also leveling up several more toons. Now, should we even bother to embrace the MMO part of this game? This is something that I wanted to try, but it does not look appealing now..

This game being what it is, a MMO, I would think the BREAD and BUTTER of this and any MMO is the people in love with the end game content and PvP… Am I not mistaken? The people that keep an MMO going on for years are you people, not players like her and I. People like her and I quest and quit, but I love the game so much, that I want to be part of something bigger, to open my eyes to why so many other are addicted to a good MMO.

We already learned that playing together really made us happy and because of the design of this game, allows people like us to experience it and see if we like it and then continue on playing it.

Ironically, the “grind” is the part that already made me hesitant, so now, I have to face going broke in the process if we do not grind it out. Her and I spoke on this last night, she said to me.. Fine, then we finishing leveling up the other stories and then quit, she is really mad about it because we don’t sock away millions to cover repairs and I am not going to use the CM to fund it. She leved up a healer in both factions for the espress purpose of healing my DPS or my Tank and getting into End game content..... I guess my Tank will need to be uber wealthy now if I am to Tank for her or a team.

I am very bummed out, I lost lots of steam and momentum in my return from this to this game and the fact I pay for 2 accounts to play it. So, to avoid the grind every day we would have to buy more CM stuff and sell it for the money in game? This is why in another post, I mentioned they want to drive people into the CM to fund their MMO addiction and this may be their motive. I HOPE you MMO lovers speak your voice LOUD and CLEAR on this. We NEED you to keep playing and paying for the game to last and I do not blame anyone for not wanting to spend heavily in the CM for in game money… I do not think any real MMO lover looks at their success by the "real" money they spend, but by the success they have in the game to earn the money. I would think there is a huge pride factor to say, I earned my gear through my efforts in game.

My opinions at times clash in the forums, but this game has brought together RPG lovers and MMO lovers together, even though many of us have different opinions. From a RPG lover to you all, we NEED you guys happy and healthy to keep this game going. Maybe we will wait for the next great RPG to go MMO, Elder Scrolls, and hope they learn from the failure this game is trying hard to become.

Question is Why would a company want to make the real MMO players unhappy? Are they making so much in the CM that they can use that as their model for making money in a MMO? so far, based on all the reading, this seems like the main motive for raising up them repair prices (I hope I am wrong). Players like her and I may bring them money NOW, but who will bring them money later? MMO's lover will.... They need to be happy.

I hope we will join the ranks of MMO gamers world wide, this is the game that was going to take us there, now I am not so sure. I will follow this OP very closely while enjoying the part of the game we still play.

Edited by Themanthatisi

Well, it's not fine by me. I would not be happy to have to buy cash shop items to make the game reasonably playable.

Does no-one remember Allods Online? They originally had a cash shop item that removed a debuff your character got hit with upon death. It basically killed their game. They removed it pretty fast, but the game's reputation still stinks.

That was in a purely F2P game. I'm still paying a sub for this one.

Well, it's not fine by me. I would not be happy to have to buy cash shop items to make the game reasonably playable.

Does no-one remember Allods Online? They originally had a cash shop item that removed a debuff your character got hit with upon death. It basically killed their game. They removed it pretty fast, but the game's reputation still stinks.

That was in a purely F2P game. I'm still paying a sub for this one.

So much this. I keep getting the feeling that staying subbed is really no longer worth it, since they keep putting all the good stuff on the CM anyway. It seems rather odd to pay for something in order to have to pay for something else in-game.

Edited by Lent_San

So much this. I keep getting the feeling that staying subbed is really no longer worth it, since they keep putting all the good stuff on the CM anyway. It seems rather odd to pay for something in order to have to pay for something else in-game.

What's that good on the CM? I've purchased a species unlock and that's it. Nothing else has really spoken to me...

What's that good on the CM? I've purchased a species unlock and that's it. Nothing else has really spoken to me...

Mounts that should be obtainable in game. Armor that should be obtainable in game. Pets that should be obtainable in game.

More?

Edited by Lent_San