Same-faction violence on Ilum. How will your guild handle this?

NwahsNirom

Just curious. I find any behaviors within the rules of the game completely acceptable.

As a guild that has always taken the "War" of the Star Wars very seriously, and is extremely loyal to the Republic cause, Pax Republica will not fire on Republic forces on Ilum, unless fired upon first.

I realize the military disadvantage that I bring to our members by stating this directly, but we are prepared to fight honorably.

Sith traitors will be destroyed on site, barring some kind of condition of surrender.

How are your guilds handling this? Are we alone or in the majority?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP

World PvP

Ilum

The "Battle for Ilum" [AREA] PvP missions are no longer active in the Western Ice Shelf.

The Western Ice Shelf is now divided into a Small Group Free-For-All PvP region in the south and a standard open world area in the north. Missions in these areas will activate during the "Relics of the Gree" Event.

"Small Group Free-For-All" is a new ruleset for world PvP regions where groups of up to four players compete against all other groups in the area. Operations groups are disallowed in these regions.

LOL pathetic. So much for a decent update.

PvP

World PvP

Ilum

The "Battle for Ilum" [AREA] PvP missions are no longer active in the Western Ice Shelf.

The Western Ice Shelf is now divided into a Small Group Free-For-All PvP region in the south and a standard open world area in the north. Missions in these areas will activate during the "Relics of the Gree" Event.

"Small Group Free-For-All" is a new ruleset for world PvP regions where groups of up to four players compete against all other groups in the area. Operations groups are disallowed in these regions.

LOL pathetic. So much for a decent update.

Ditto.

How are you guys going to handle it? Easy! You're all going to continue to QQ about this topic till the hype of the area dies down. Then when that is all said and done you guys will carebear over the objectives by never actually attacking anyone in the area! All will be fine.

/thread.

As a fiercely loyal Republic player, I will speak for myself and many of my guildmates in saying that we will absolutely not attack fellow Pubs unless attacked first. I definitely violated this in the first 5 minutes of being in that FFA zone before I realized what was going on, but since then, I have just been murdering Imps.

I personally think it is way more fun to fight alongside 10-15 Pubs against 20 Imps than it is to fight a 5v5 (or 2v5) by the orb collection nodes. It's especially awesome with friendly fire on for AOE; makes it feel like a real battle.

People have been crying for world pvp since patch 1.2 when they took pvp objectives out of Ilum. Granted, Ilums design wasn't really that good back then, it's back and so is world pvp. The design still isn't that great right now, but it's still some form of world pvp. People need to stop complaining and take the situation for what it is.

As far as same faction pvp, that shouldn't make a difference. It's STILL pvp regardless of what faction. Bioware obviously encourages it if they allowed same faction pvp to occur. Yesterday was my 1st day back in a while and I saw people do the same thing they did in old school Ilum; trade objectives.... That completely defeats the purpose of "world pvp". I saw pubs run to the middle and say " I come in peace" and Sith saying to Sith"Come on, let us go, it's our turn." Then after they get attacked, Sith want to cry and complain in general chat about "same faction" violence lol...People with these care bear mentalities are destroying the fun that we can have with the system that Bioware has set in place. If you want to participate in the pvp quest in that zone, get a group together and be ready to pvp against whoever. A real pvp players mentality would want to assemble a group and take over the objective regardless of who's holding it. Let the competitive juices flow and stop crying. It's an open pvp zone. Travel at your own discretion.

I wont speak for my guild but for my small group, Red is Dead. However, there are too many people around so a hierarchy is formed. People attacking my group>people taking my objective>imps>anyone i know will be in good PvP gear>everyone else.

when it comes to lines (and this is speaking for myself, not my group). I hope they are long because then more people will blow up. this is a PvP server, not a carebear server. That and it is WAY too much fun seeing >5 in line blowing up all at once lol.

Edited by ForsakenKing

I wont speak for my guild but for my small group, Red is Dead. However, there are too many people around so a hierarchy is formed. People attacking my group>people taking my objective>imps>anyone i know will be in good PvP gear>everyone else.

when it comes to lines (and this is speaking for me, not my group). I hope they are long because then more people will blow up. this is a PvP server, not a carebear server. That and it is WAY too much fun seeing >5 in line blowing up all at once lol.

Can't agree more. Couldn't believe this was actually happening on a PVP server. People were a bit upset when we broke up "The line"....

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11t9x5u&s=6

At the end of the day, you'll still group with folks of your same faction for other content. Whether you choose to sacrifice short-term gain for long-term diplomacy (or vice-versa) is up to you. If you like PvE at all, you may find yourself with a massive increase in queue times or frustration as nobody responds to your tells when you want to do a pick-up ops group.

Lol, I love seeing people with the orb die. And yes I fully support pvp on this server in open world (DUH) No lines!

Red USUALLY = dead with the following considerations:

Pubs first. Always. I'll avoid imps as long as pubs are around. If no pubs around and I get bored, I will probably mess up whoever is around the objective. There are people and guilds I will not attack though as I consider myself on good terms with them.

Alternatively, there are also people and guilds (imp side included) I will always attack.

Blackness, I'm gonna be looking for you! :)

All I can say is that as a imp we always end up killing our masters. Therefore if we are all going to do the same objectives as an imp it is our nature to kill anything in sight. I don't roleplay or do crap like that I am just saying. I got no problem with same faction fighting. What pubs do I do not care. If you guys want to take turns doing whatever it is you guys do please don't get mad when imps rain on your parade. That is what world pvp is meant for. We all joined a pvp server to pvp not to take turns. lol Everyone on Ilum is 50 so just be prepared to get ganked. Go with groups and not solo.

LOL Free for all is BW's answer for faction locked toons that don't allow the community to self balance across faction.

Hardly what I would call a good oPVP design.

BW = Fail.

THis fail is calling fail on something else, so cute.