Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

CourtneyWoods

If this is more PVP i will be leaving soon, I am already pissed that the drops to desktop for windows has not been addressed or the weak Jedi guardian class has not been addressed, weak taunt its pathetic, I wish city if heroes was still around id dump this game in a heart beat.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be nice if cartel coin purchases worked so i can buy the new items. Too bad i was ready to spend 40 bucks and purchase 24 packs but guess that wont be happenind becasue no sense in doing it after everyones timers expire and my preices of my stuff isnt competatve anymore

I have been quite pleased with the 1.7 update. The structured upgraded open world PvP is awesome. However, I am not a fan of getting murdered by those in your faction in the PvP area. When I mistakenly tried to do the PvP area on my own, I would be torn apart for no reason by guilds I had a lot of respect for. That's pretty frustrating. I also got ripped apart by a bunch of imps as well, but that is at least more understandable. Other than that, I enjoy the new game update. People just need to stop complaining about every little detail and enjoy the game.

The Milleritis Effect

Yeah one can do pve here but the sorry idiot dev's did not take into account the ridiculous traffic in a pvp zone. or how groups with massive aoe makes it difficult for a linear based toon. I am starting to really hate this game and i feel the end for me is near.

Yeah one can do pve here but the sorry idiot dev's did not take into account the ridiculous traffic in a pvp zone. or how groups with massive aoe makes it difficult for a linear based toon. I am starting to really hate this game and i feel the end for me is near.

Then instead of griping about the game, just remove yourself so we have one less person to have to read to their plethora of complaints.

The Milleritis Effect

Have loved what I have played so far. Finished the starter quest on Ilum on my Shadow and will be going back and doing it again on my Smuggler and Mara to get the reputation quicker. Legacy gear and weapons = awesome!

Does anyone know if this is related to the Voss even and is the Voss event active?

I have been quite pleased with the 1.7 update. The structured upgraded open world PvP is awesome. However, I am not a fan of getting murdered by those in your faction in the PvP area. When I mistakenly tried to do the PvP area on my own, I would be torn apart for no reason by guilds I had a lot of respect for. That's pretty frustrating. I also got ripped apart by a bunch of imps as well, but that is at least more understandable. Other than that, I enjoy the new game update. People just need to stop complaining about every little detail and enjoy the game.

The Milleritis Effect

I do agree with you about being rolled and trolled by the same faction. I would have liked to have had this update focus more on faction Vs faction rather than having the contested zone in Illum a "free for all" area. Bringing back Valor for killing an opposite faction player would have be a bonus as well.

Still I guess with the problems BW have had with their servers and large scale open world pvp Battles, this update is probably the best they could have done, with the resources they have available.

Definatly have mixed feelings about this update. Still for whats its worth, it is good to see Illum once again inhabited by more than the local NPC population.

This is ridiculous another patch where bubble stun and smash get ignored. No communication at all from the devs regarding when they plan to fix those issues.

This game is a betrayal to the KOTOR name and all devs should be ashamed of working in a game that disrespects the entire pvp community.

All we want is a quick fix, no major changes no new skills just make pvp tolerable to play again and yet you remain silent as to when those changes will be made OR if they will be made at all.

This patch is a complete lack of respect towards paying costumers

It's not a "betrayal to the KOTOR name" as KOTOR was a single player RPG. How you can say that when you're arguing a PvP point is beyond me, valid point or not.

Then instead of griping about the game, just remove yourself so we have one less person to have to read to their plethora of complaints.

The Milleritis Effect

I wonder who should really be removed from the game (or at least the forums) - a person who has gripes about the game and is voicing them, or a person who speaks in such a rude tone with fellow players because he can't accept an opinion which differs from his own? I think i'll stick with a second option.

Edited by Trollokdamus

I didn't go through and read all of these responses, because I just don't have the time, and I'm not normally a complainer when it comes to games like these where a lot of work has to go into them and lots of unforseen things happen within a developing company that can put development and certain fixes to various bugs back. However, this event that requires you to be in an "Outlaw's Den" type area to complete the weekly of a limited time event where it multiplies the opportunity for players with nothing better to do with their time than to hinder others from getting content done just seems like bad foresight and thinking. And with only being able to get in groups of four, it makes it even more difficult to positively experience an event that I know you all were hoping would spark new players' interest as well as keeping those who've remained since launch. Personally, I'd rather have fixes to problems and bugs that have been untouched since launch than new content. I will say I liked these quests, but having to spend multiple hours to do one set of dailies because my group is getting ganked every two minutes is a bit absurd. I've stuck this game out and like it, in spite of all the little things that have accumulated that irritate me, but with the only rewards of this event being mostly cosmetic and the reputation rewards being similar, I'm getting to the point where I'm just done with it.

I've really liked this game for the most part, and with all the time I've invested, do not want to quit, but reading patch note after patch note and not seeing bug fixes to issues months and months old make this frustrating aspect of the Gree event that much worse. Please, do your best to address these issues and make this game work as it should.

I wonder who should really be removed from the game (or at least the forums) - a person who has gripes about the game and is voicing them, or a person who speaks in such a rude tone with fellow players because he can't accept an opinion which differs from his own? I think i'll stick with a second option.

Voicing them is not the issue, it's the constant bickering from players throughout the forum. Honestly, what is the purpose to even posting on the thread that you are ending your time playing the game? I am simply pointing out an epidemic of constant griping. It's one thing if you have suggestions, another if you just cry because you don't get your way.

The Milleritis Effect

I didn't go through and read all of these responses, because I just don't have the time, and I'm not normally a complainer when it comes to games like these where a lot of work has to go into them and lots of unforseen things happen within a developing company that can put development and certain fixes to various bugs back. However, this event that requires you to be in an "Outlaw's Den" type area to complete the weekly of a limited time event where it multiplies the opportunity for players with nothing better to do with their time than to hinder others from getting content done just seems like bad foresight and thinking. And with only being able to get in groups of four, it makes it even more difficult to positively experience an event that I know you all were hoping would spark new players' interest as well as keeping those who've remained since launch. Personally, I'd rather have fixes to problems and bugs that have been untouched since launch than new content. I will say I liked these quests, but having to spend multiple hours to do one set of dailies because my group is getting ganked every two minutes is a bit absurd. I've stuck this game out and like it, in spite of all the little things that have accumulated that irritate me, but with the only rewards of this event being mostly cosmetic and the reputation rewards being similar, I'm getting to the point where I'm just done with it.

I've really liked this game for the most part, and with all the time I've invested, do not want to quit, but reading patch note after patch note and not seeing bug fixes to issues months and months old make this frustrating aspect of the Gree event that much worse. Please, do your best to address these issues and make this game work as it should.

Well said...

The Milleritis Effect

Well you turned ilum into a pve zone ripped off the tron movies likeness (waiting for copyright lawsuit lol) we didnt ask for a rep grind or crappy looking gear "again" we asked for objective based pvp instead we got a rep grind and the removal of over 90% pvp.

This is the 2nd time ilum has failed miserably. The players want objective based pvp not this ogranic/natural crap that "you" want not the customers.

Ilum now is the best example of how badly this game needs a 3rd faction.

I dont know whos idea it was to turn ilum into a rep grind/pve zone in a pvp zone but they have proven they have no idea what pvp is or how to develop it.

Edited by publicenemies

Like the new outfits.

I thought of a couple things that would go great with them.

We have light sabers and speeders, lets mix the 2 and get light speeders! No Light Bikes . . . no . . . light cycles, yeah, that works, and if we could get some new kind of weapon . . . I don't know . . . a frisbee? Copywritten I guess, so just some kind of disk. All with the same glowing parts over black/grey/white background. Very unique and very Starwars.

:d_grin:

Like the new outfits.

I thought of a couple things that would go great with them.

We have light sabers and speeders, lets mix the 2 and get light speeders! No Light Bikes . . . no . . . light cycles, yeah, that works, and if we could get some new kind of weapon . . . I don't know . . . a frisbee? Copywritten I guess, so just some kind of disk. All with the same glowing parts over black/grey/white background. Very unique and very Starwars.

:d_grin:

There already is a frisbee as a weapon, you get it for one of the quests inside the grey secant.

I like the new items and all that, but what is really frustrating about the way they implemented this event, is they never fixed the whole "im un flagged for pvp in the pve area, but go ahead aoe my companion, then slaughter me because you have now flagged me for pvp" aspect. It also goes to show you the type of idiots that make up some of the so called "Respectable" pvp guilds out there. I mean come on, you stealth up on someone as they are fighting an elite, and then attack theyre companion, so you can slaughter them? Man you are super awesome at this game (major sarcasm intended).

Id be perfectly fine with this event if it wasnt for the opposite faction forming ops groups in the pve area, and using it to zerg everyone even if they arent flagged for pvp

Well said good sir.

The description of small groups of 4 taking part in the pvp area is entirely inaccurate. On Shadowlands server, anyway, there is at least a 4 to 1 ratio of Empire to Republic players. Any 4 man Republic group will get the treatment mine did today. There are giant packs of at least 20 Empire characters that seem to have no purpose of their own except to try to shred a tiny group of 4 Republic players. This is not any kind of real contest of skill or even a gear contest. It took hours of careful maneuvering to complete the pvp mission on my two characters. I witnessed no Empire group having such issues. (And I don't hate Empire players, I have my own toons.)

I got through it once but doubt I'll waste my time again. The game needs to be rewritten so that it is truly small groups of equal size opposing each other. Or the same number of each faction is allowed and no more. Or something to make this an actual pvp and not pvmany.

Personally I'm over the childish frikkin jawagrams, pets that are pointless and all the other junk aimed at children, try making this an adult game, or at least for players over 13yo , cut the crap, and start working on at least the fixes that needed fixing from day 1 , like gear that actually looks like gear and not something from final fantasy ... wake up !! oh to hell with it, they dont read or care what's being said by the players anyway, let the game rot away into oblivion as everyone predicts anyway. I'll be on Eve Online until you decide to make a SW game worth playing and listens to its playerbase and not just a money grab.

In all fairness YES they need to fix the game as a whole NO smash spec doesnt need nerfing considering the rage/focus spec tree favors that spec and attack.. and no i dont play a guardain or jugger! i play a scoundrel healer and u know what rage spec has been out since day one!!!!!! they nerfed surge becuase u lot whined then u complained becuase they nerfed surge pick what you want ffs.. i get by in pvp just fine in fact better than fine red eclipse pvp is very even if u like pvp u will learn rotations of other characters so you may best counter it...

I love the event btw so ty bioware granted you need to fix other and some cartel stuff is just stupid but i think the game is good..

back to the event now lol rant over :p FFA pvp is good imo and so what if reps are killing reps? get a group and hit them back and NO you dont need to pvp if your a pve player just dont do the pvp quest?!!!!!!!!!!

xD