Star Wars: The Stun Wars ®

JediMasterSarynn

Since the resolve changes, and especially since the popularity of bubble-stun Sages/Inquisitors, things have gotten out of hand for melee classes in PvP. I have 3+ characters at Warlord+ (yes, I PvP quite a bit), all of them melee. Since the changes I spend an inordinate amount of time being stunned in warzones.

I have had to come up with different strategies to deal with the bubble-stun Sages/Inquisitors, but when you have opposition with 4-6 or more of them in their group, it becomes a bit of a nightmare. Couple this with the high amount of classes with access to Awe and Flash Grenade (and the Sith counterparts to both) and all you see are people throwing stuns at each other like crazy.

Call me nuts, but this is just not a fun gameplay mechanic. Stuns should be something that are casually used and not effective when changed together, especially considering not everything fills up Resolve equally. I hope that with the new expansion and level increase that the total PvP game has some serious changes made to it. I still PvP almost daily because I just love PvP, but admittedly it gets more frustrating than fun.

Since the resolve changes, and especially since the popularity of bubble-stun Sages/Inquisitors, things have gotten out of hand for melee classes in PvP. I have 3+ characters at Warlord+ (yes, I PvP quite a bit), all of them melee. Since the changes I spend an inordinate amount of time being stunned in warzones.

I have had to come up with different strategies to deal with the bubble-stun Sages/Inquisitors, but when you have opposition with 4-6 or more of them in their group, it becomes a bit of a nightmare. Couple this with the high amount of classes with access to Awe and Flash Grenade (and the Sith counterparts to both) and all you see are people throwing stuns at each other like crazy.

Call me nuts, but this is just not a fun gameplay mechanic. Stuns should be something that are casually used and not effective when changed together, especially considering not everything fills up Resolve equally. I hope that with the new expansion and level increase that the total PvP game has some serious changes made to it. I still PvP almost daily because I just love PvP, but admittedly it gets more frustrating than fun.

Aw. Upset you can't smash smash smash anymore without getting stunned?

Nah, its not about smashing... its " i run and try to leap " then i get stunned.... i get stunned after ileave safezone , i get stunned even when i call incs...hell i even get stunned when i try to avoid the masses....

this is also just stupid.. why would a jedi / sith get stunned anyway? i feel pretty much like tom the cat form the cartoon Tom & Jerry or Coyote from Road Runner :/

My biggest problem with stuns and resolve is, knock backs hardy count at all.

The other major issue I have with it, is resolve dissipates when you standing in the re-spawn point.

You get stun lcoked to death, have a full resolve bar, but die. While you wait to get back into the game your resolve bar clears out to nothing. You get back into the game and it's a rinse and repeat.

My solution:

1. Resolve does not disappear when in the re-spawn point.

2. Resolve disappears at two rates:

------ a. In combat at the current rate

------ b. Out of combat, twice as slow as it does now.

3. Reduce the cool down on your CC breaker from 1 minute to 30 seconds.

4. Increase the amount of resolve built from knock backs

5. All of the above only effects PvP.

I think with the above solution the stuns, mezzs and knock backs can be better managed.

Edited by FrogSkin

A WZ with 4 or more sorcs is a complete stun fest. There is no other way about it. This needs fixed.

True, but I'd also like to be able to tank a sorc as well rather than just watch my health drain away with only a 5 second clickie as defence

Have to love the internet.

Seriously. I've played Combat spec since launch. This has never been a fotm spec because it is easily the most complicated Sentinel/Maurader spec and is extremely dependent on BiS gear to be really effective. Our main burst can is available only ever 12sec which is a long time in pvp and is only a 3 button rotation of Blade Rush > Precision Slash > Blade Storm. I can't even get through that small rotation without being stunned almost every time with bubble stunners.

Tonight I go into a Void Star. The competion was excellent. Stuns were low, no bubble stunners on either side, I rack up 530k dmg. Most of the evening I struggled to get over 300k. We lost. I was in 3rd in dmg behind two BH's with 600k and 775k dmg. I didn't lead in dmg and we didn't win and it was one of the most fun wz's in weeks. I don't expect to walk into every match and put up over 500k dmg. But I don't enjoy spending 15min being stunned the majority of the match to the point where I don't even get to do anything but be stunned, die, respawn, leap in, be stunned. There has to be some middle ground.

Seriously. I've played Combat spec since launch. This has never been a fotm spec because it is easily the most complicated Sentinel/Maurader spec and is extremely dependent on BiS gear to be really effective. Our main burst can is available only ever 12sec which is a long time in pvp and is only a 3 button rotation of Blade Rush > Precision Slash > Blade Storm. I can't even get through that small rotation without being stunned almost every time with bubble stunners.

Tonight I go into a Void Star. The competion was excellent. Stuns were low, no bubble stunners on either side, I rack up 530k dmg. Most of the evening I struggled to get over 300k. We lost. I was in 3rd in dmg behind two BH's with 600k and 775k dmg. I didn't lead in dmg and we didn't win and it was one of the most fun wz's in weeks. I don't expect to walk into every match and put up over 500k dmg. But I don't enjoy spending 15min being stunned the majority of the match to the point where I don't even get to do anything but be stunned, die, respawn, leap in, be stunned. There has to be some middle ground.

Well, if I look at what you have written, I really like stuns, cos I am a bubble-Healer.

For you its fun to bring out as much damage as possible. 600k dmg, muha, 775 dmg even better and you with 300k ok. You see, you are focused on dmg. I am focused on healing and stunning.

You complain, you are always stunned.

I complain, I am always smashed ^^

As long as player like you only have fun watching your damage numbers, I like stuns ^^

And I am pretty sure you hate us, cos we make you feel bad, cos at the end of a match you only have 150k dmg. Yeah, you are right feel sorry for you, but we wont let you get up with your score, cos we try hard to stun you all the time.

Lets stun, baby, lets have fun baby, lalalalalalal :eek::D

By the way, yes it hurts that I cant heal my team all the time, but it also hurts to get wiped out by damage. You have no idea what it means to play a healer. You are the first target, you are rooted, knocked back, stunned, freeezed etc. pp. Oh, its unfair, mimimimimimi. So do I complain. NO: NO: NO: So where is the different between stuns and damage? There´s so much damage out there compare to some stuns ^^

So nerf damage ^^ ^^ ^^ Stuns a certain philosohy. I like it, but nowadays most people are more affected to damage. So its normal that they complain about stuns. Why on earth do I not complain about stuns as a healer:eek::eek:

Edited by schmerzbringer

It dont matter how much expertise u have or what gear u have when this game is stun based pvp. Its not based on skill or any other factor unfortunately you have very stupid people at the helm who's concerns are legacy and clothes for ship droids.

Why they dont have anti stun stims is beyond me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.