9 weeks would be Tuesday - 1.7?

iamthehoyden

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you rather a bit of a delay or them to release the rep system with a critical bug?

I think it's obvious that if they've not deployed it even on the PTS then there is proably something wrong with the patch they're trying to fix.

I'd rather know what they are expecting now, since obviously there seems to be some sort of a delay. Communication isn't a bad thing.

Got to add 2 weeks of Holiday break BioWare employees had:)

He did. They said a 6 week turn time for releases going forward (they said they would release smaller updates to make the 6-week window), but they did ask for 9 on this one because of the holidays.

Maths say no

Do you mean you think they're not on track or that my math is off? Your response is unclear.

12/11/12 - 1.6 drops

12/18/12 - 1 week

12/25/12 - 2 weeks

1/1/13 - 3 weeks

1/8/13 - 4 weeks

1/15/13 - 5 weeks

1/22/13 - 6 weeks

1/29/13 - 7 weeks

2/5/13 - 8 weeks

2/12/13 - 9 weeks

And as to the question of whether I'd want them to release a buggy version or wait, the response is that while obviously I would prefer a clean version, what I would most want in that situation is to be told earlier rather than later. If they're delayed, let us know. Yes, there will be fussing, but if they wait till the last minute that fussing will get a lot lot worse.

Do you mean you think they're not on track or that my math is off? Your response is unclear.

12/11/12 - 1.6 drops

12/18/12 - 1 week

12/25/12 - 2 weeks

1/1/13 - 3 weeks

1/8/13 - 4 weeks

1/15/13 - 5 weeks

1/22/13 - 6 weeks

1/29/13 - 7 weeks

2/5/13 - 8 weeks

2/12/13 - 9 weeks

And as to the question of whether I'd want them to release a buggy version or wait, the response is that while obviously I would prefer a clean version, what I would most want in that situation is to be told earlier rather than later. If they're delayed, let us know. Yes, there will be fussing, but if they wait till the last minute that fussing will get a lot lot worse.

I answered the only question you asked.

would you rather a bit of a delay or them to release the rep system with a critical bug?

I think it's obvious that if they've not deployed it even on the PTS then there is proably something wrong with the patch they're trying to fix.

I have no problem with that at all, BUT bioware hasent said jack **** about 1.7 for 3 weeks, and that info was not much. The fact that we dont get any info about whats happening is making people go crazy.

I have no problem with that at all, BUT bioware hasent said jack **** about 1.7 for 3 weeks, and that info was not much. The fact that we dont get any info about whats happening is making people go crazy.

well yeah Clearly bioware ascribes to the Nute Gunray theory of communications

"no sense reporting in until there is something to report" :)

It won't drop on Wednesday, it hasn't even gone onto the PTS.

So it's almost at 9 weeks and it hasn't even been tested yet.

i have a theory. they didn't add weekly patches these 2 weeks because they want to add 1.7 without any bug and they are not gonna test it. why do i think they are not gonna test it? because they said in the second livestream that the character copy for the PST Server will be for Makeb

It won't drop on Wednesday, it hasn't even gone onto the PTS.

So it's almost at 9 weeks and it hasn't even been tested yet.

Hmm.... no. It hasn't been released on the PTS. The PTS is not the only source of testing and in fact very low on the testing tree.

How do I know? I live in Austin. BW just hired a bunch of people to test SWTOR specifically and... they are testing a great many things.

The PTS is a milestone though, but I just want to clarify the generalization. It is being tested, but it is not on the PTS yet.

Edited by Rafaman

i have a theory. they didn't add weekly patches these 2 weeks because they want to add 1.7 without any bug and they are not gonna test it. why do i think they are not gonna test it? because they said in the second livestream that the character copy for the PST Server will be for Makeb

I'm inclined to agree with this. Plus 1.7 is largely an event. The events so far (yes, two is a small sample size) have gone to live without going on PTS first. I wouldn't be surprised if we do see 1.7 on Tuesday, without PTS testing, but I would really like confirmation by BW.

Edited to add:

How do I know? I live in Austin. BW just hired a bunch of people to test SWTOR specifically and... they are testing a great many things.

Yep, I'm in Austin too, and their "Looking for Testers" job posts have been around a lot more than normal. I think that's largely for Makeb, but it wouldn't surprise me if 1.7 was being tested internally as well.

Edited by iamthehoyden

I'm inclined to agree with this. Plus 1.7 is largely an event. The events so far (yes, two is a small sample size) have gone to live without going on PTS first. I wouldn't be surprised if we do see 1.7 on Tuesday, without PTS testing, but I would really like confirmation by BW.

well maybe they will add it 10 weeks after 1.6 but i don't really know i hope the next thursday/weds/tuesday

also i agree with the event thing

It's obvious it's going to be late because they haven't responded to any of these threads asking an eta or patch notes on the 1.7 patch... not even the typical cop out... "soon" It's not a world event it's a repeating area event. so I think it will probably go on the pts... I could be wrong. But since it's not on the pts it's going to be well over the 10 week mark.

Given the sucess of the Cartel Market it does seem a little strange that the development team seems to be almost non existent much as happened when they were going through their reshuffle when things were going bad.

So some communication would be a pleasant change of pace and let everyone know if 1.7 was going to hit its target date which supposed 3 weeks for the Holidays as they said a release every 6 weeks. I suspect that few outside of those still in school can hope for 3 weeks over Christmas any more and none in the service trades. So that has to be considered amply delay for the Christmas period.

If it was going live by 13/2/13 then it should have have been on the PTS by 1/2/13. There's no way to release it without it having more bugs than 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 unless they test it.

But to be tested by who?

The rep system is an endgame thing, for which there'd be very little testers on the PTS to participate in. And the Ilum event is an endgame thing with a certain PvP focus for which there'd probably be even less testers interested in.

If BioWare has found that in previous tests only a handful of players met those requirements, they're better of testing internally and bypassing the PTS.

I think we can sa ythat given the original statement was a new update every 6 weeks and after 2 updates they sai we still plan an update every 6-8 weeks, and then this one is coming upto 9 weeks (I know christmas holidays) and its not even on PTS they will just keep moving the goal posts.