Bioware, are you intending to address tk/lightning sage/sorc dps

warstory

It has been well documented by the feedback on the forums that tk/lightning sage/sorc can not put out enough dps to deal with other ranged class and basically can not attack when facing melee class. When I play a dps spec my assumption is that will be my main role in pvp. As it is now this spec is forced solely in to utility with our stun bubble and root knockbacks.

Will your team be addressing this in the near future ? I would like to play my sage and not be running away from everyone hoping my group can kill the person attacking me.

I have Full elite war hero fully augmented

In addition most of our dmg comes from weaken mind being applied to multi targets that tick for its full duration ie we r not killing anyone

Edited by warstory

It's been this way since 1.2 a lot of us have re-rolled because of the lack of effort to do anything with the class.

The class has some of the lowest damage bonuses for a DPS tree of any class this goes for Madness as well. Even the healing tree is more of a pve based healer with bad force regen. We have to do damage to ourself which causes a debuff of force regeneration negative in order to get force.

This class was supposedly supposed to Mimic Palpatine however I feel more like his water boy then a true Sith. History wise this class should be one of the more powerfull in the Star Wars universe and it is lacking all across the board.

Bioware needs to address the balance issues with this class instead of nerfing it over 9 months. Electrocute from 30 meters to 10 meters Overload from AOE to frontal cone. Why were these changes made because it was unfair to other players? Because if an Assassin or an Operative is on you attacking your back and you should be able to spin and knock them back yet they simply move through you as you spin and avoid this. Let's make it hard for the only light armor class in the game to survive anything.

The problem with Lightning right now is all of it's abilities are weak and it's force regen is great so you do nothing but you never run out of force to keep up that weak damage. Increase there damage and increase the force useage a Lightning spec sorc would much rather 3 shots someone and be out of force then do nothing to some one and die with full force.

For example Thundering Blast could cost 180 force(current cost is 50) but have no cooldown if you spammed it 3 times that would almost run you dry even though it can hit 3-4 times at 4.2 k crits (take away auto crit) you would just have that window of burst and if you used it that much you would be out of force and useless until you regen your force back.

High Force cost High Damage not low force cost low damage. It's the same Mechanics the Assassins have used which far and above better then it's caster counterpart.

Was 1.2 when they nerfed the hybrid and buffed the HD procs in darkness, to only then later nerf full darkness while failing to address tanks doing burst and rather just nerfed the tankiness, and started the new wave of hybrid assassins?

LOL Just realized that asside from Merc and sorce, the nerfs they have done to classes have usually created another monster. Concealment ops became great healers. They hit assassin as mentioned above only to eventually wind up with the semi-hybrids you see now. Marauder has gone from Anni FOTM to Carnage to Rage.

At the same time, they half assed tried to buff merc with a root on punch and range decrease on stuns but it wound up nerfing them. LMAO.

Edited by Technohic

You flat out just need to play better.

DPS Sorcs/Sages have always have an answer to anything any other class does, and they deal tons of damage. You just need to L2P and have fast reaction times.

? Lol you being serious ?

Seems like we are on the same server witchbladde hit me up

This is another L2P issue.

I run 7/18/16 on my sorc in PVP i stack heavy power and expertise. YES if im focused i'll go down pretty quick, but if left alone i chew through people.

So u have to go hybrid to compete ? So you learned to play by not playing it, I understand man makes perfect sense

So u have to go hybrid to compete ? So you learned to play by not playing it, I understand man makes perfect sense

I have A sage PVE (1/12/28)

Vanguard 8/825

Shadow (23/1/17)

A lot of classes in this game benefit greatly from hybrid specs. So i'm unclear on what your troll of a post was.

If you would like me to post in game stats/video i can do that those that are interested. Just because some people don't play a class the optimal way doesn't mean its broken.

You flat out just need to play better.

DPS Sorcs/Sages have always have an answer to anything any other class does, and they deal tons of damage. You just need to L2P and have fast reaction times.

Someone always makes this post. Everytime a thread is created complaining about Sorc DPS weakness someone posts this and brags about how they always win. Then the people that were complaining begin to also insist they always win, especially insisting they always beat Mara.

So I believe there is only one solution: nerf Sorc/Sage buff Mara/Sent. Also nerf Operative just because.

There was a 2 char limit for preferred players when FTP came a few months ago. I logged in and just literally deleted my WH Sage with I think 76 valor or something like that. I'm subbed again and even if I could un-delete it I don't think I would bother anymore. It's just such a dumb class.

Bioware plz read the above post as a example of the lack of competitiveness of full tk

I agree full TK isn't that strong. But that also goes to argue that 1/12/28 in PVE on a single target will win hands down, but then you add in TK spec on a boss fight that has a lot of ads etc where hitting multiple targets etc and TK wins.

So that's the same argument that TK might be better in 1 huttball game, but not in a civil war etc...

Just saying when I tick someone 1500 per tick on my TK throw, 2 DOTs ticking, knock back and root them and force in balance for almost 5k its over.

Someone always makes this post. Everytime a thread is created complaining about Sorc DPS weakness someone posts this and brags about how they always win. Then the people that were complaining begin to also insist they always win, especially insisting they always beat Mara.

So I believe there is only one solution: nerf Sorc/Sage buff Mara/Sent. Also nerf Operative just because.

There was a 2 char limit for preferred players when FTP came a few months ago. I logged in and just literally deleted my WH Sage with I think 76 valor or something like that. I'm subbed again and even if I could un-delete it I don't think I would bother anymore. It's just such a dumb class.

This is a pure opinionated post. I can back mine up with numbers.

This is another L2P issue.

I run 7/18/16 on my sorc in PVP i stack heavy power and expertise. YES if im focused i'll go down pretty quick, but if left alone i chew through people.

I play a Madness Sorcerer, a Sniper who plays every spec (They are all good) a Marauder who mostly plays Carnage but fools around in Rage once in a while, I have a Shadow that I am still leveling up, and a PT that is almost finished.

My Sniper can routinely pull off 11k+ damage in 2 seconds or so. Ambush plus Followthrough. My Takedown can hit 5k pretty easily too. If left alone he chews through people.

My Carnage Mara hit for 10k+ with one Ravage before when i crit on all 3 hits with the last hitting for over 5k, and that was obviously followed up by a 5k+ force scream while Gore was still running. I'm not fully min maxed yet, but when I swap over to Rage, my max hit so far was 7.2k. Viscous Throw can crit for over 5k there as well. If left alone I chew through people.

My Shadow is still a baby, but I have been killed by enough Sins to have seen 5k+ hits from about 5 different abilities of theirs. If left alone he will be able to chew through you.

And Everyone loves getting that RS, FB, RS combo and eating 2 massive 5k hits almost back to back. If left alone they can chew through tanks in 8 seconds.

My Madness Sorc? I have one ability that can theoretically hit for over 5k, although I have never done so with it. I am supposed to kite to have a chance, but the majority of my damage and my procs come from a channeled ability I have to stand still for. Sins can hit harder with the baseline ranged abilities that we share, my 31 point tree topping ability is a dot that crits for about 800 damage every 3 seconds.

When you look at the theoretical maximum possible damage any class can do with 100% crits, a Sorcerers time to kill (TTK) or do approx 20k damage is over twice as long as all of the other classes listed. And I didn't stop listing because those were the only good classes, I stopped because thats what i have played and am most familiar with.

I am glad people are happy with their Sorc, and feel like they can contribute. But Sorcerers do not in any way, shape, or form chew through anyone.

Bubble everyone on your team

DoT everyone on their team

There, you just cast sixteen 5k abilities in a row. How many more do you need? oh about we add a stun to everyone on of those bubbles?

Only heal speccs can bubble everyone on their team. DPS speccs hace a much too long CD on casting the bubble.