SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy

I didn't get that from reading his post, but I really hope that you are right! I don't really understand why the new log in thing would make a difference for transfers...It didn't matter for transfers the first time and it didn't matter for PTS copy.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be the priority to be honest. Forget all the other junk for now until this is in.

I have several friends who have returned since F2P but they have characters all over the place now and I seriously doubt they are going to stick with it if they can't consolidate their main characters onto one server.

Edited by Avatarless

The sound, of silence...

C'mon BW, just an acknowledgement that this is either a) coming someday soon or b) never gonna happen. At least give us that.

They actually already said that it's coming this year. It's not really a case of it will happen or not ,but more about "When".

As for progress, their PTS character transfer tool works pretty well ,only a small number of people are unable to copy their chars.

They actually already said that it's coming this year. It's not really a case of it will happen or not ,but more about "When".

As for progress, their PTS character transfer tool works pretty well ,only a small number of people are unable to copy their chars.

THIS YEAR consists of nine and a half more months. That is far too broad of a range and I am not willing to wait that long. If they don't come out within the next couple months, I probably won't even care enough to buy one anymore...if I am even still playing the game.

lets hope thats the last test of the server transfers so we can get this launched already, I wanna see more videos of creating and programming server transfers not a planet that I'm not going to play on without these transfers. The only productive in-game thing I've done so far is collect monthly cartel coins. It's a huge issue, almost as big of an issue as the population issue where they had to merge servers. Server Transfers=gameplay experienced fixed. Nothing to do in the game right now without this,

I'm only bugging bioware because I'm feeling bugged because this has been delayed and it was first priority before this makeb update and now its reversed and the expansion is first priority instead of these transfers. :confused: Seriously?

Server Transfers>Everything else

Edited by Jonoku

This should be the priority to be honest. Forget all the other junk for now until this is in.

I guarantee you it's a priority. And you know what? The PTR character transfers are the system's beta test.

This is NOT a system you can just point a handful of QA testers at and call it good. It needs to be highly vetted with real data because the extra CS workload created by a broken character transfer system would simply destroy the CS team.

Edited by Arandmoor

I was wrong, my PM to Eric was only like a week ago, not two weeks. I just sent him another though as a friendly reminder that he never answered the topic.

I made the mistake of getting my hopes up that today's 'big announcement' was something about transfers...Don't get me wrong, I think the March to Makeb thing is cool, I just really want my transfer.

Edited by Icebergy

I'm afraid, they make it too late for me, when it will be does not matter...

Me too. Starting to get bored. I don't see the expansion helping things any...

Maybe their plans are just about keeping people for a few months anyway. So if they wait long enough, nobody will care about transfers because nobody that was stranded will be left.

Me too. Starting to get bored. I don't see the expansion helping things any...

Maybe their plans are just about keeping people for a few months anyway. So if they wait long enough, nobody will care about transfers because nobody that was stranded will be left.

Same, get boring... today i practically dont playing... time is gone... all my friends on my current server which I begins playing year ago, leave game (2 last ones leave on last week), and just several old friends still playing on other server, where I wanna transfer now to them... but cannot... my interest to game dramatically decreased now...

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Same, get boring... today i practically dont playing... time is gone... all my friends on my current server which I begins playing year ago, leave game (2 last ones leave on last week), and just several old friends still playing on other server, where I wanna transfer now to them... but cannot... my interest to game dramatically decreased now...

Ya its like we are getting ignored, don't like it.

i dont think you guys understand. what takes going in to a transfer ( for swtor that is) there alot of factors that have to be worked out.

they've ignored us like we are irrelevant, why won't they explain themselves.

I'm very happy people are keeping this thread alive, BW needs to know there is a great deal of demand for this feature which could potentially be lucrative for them as well.

I really wish we could get a dev response on this thread even if they can't give a solid date at least let us know their plans and a timeline for this instead of us sitting around waiting and arguing.

I'm very happy people are keeping this thread alive, BW needs to know there is a great deal of demand for this feature which could potentially be lucrative for them as well.

I really wish we could get a dev response on this thread even if they can't give a solid date at least let us know their plans and a timeline for this instead of us sitting around waiting and arguing.

Edited by Jonoku

I made the mistake of getting my hopes up that today's 'big announcement' was something about transfers...Don't get me wrong, I think the March to Makeb thing is cool, I just really want my transfer.

Yep, and the bonus also covers Legacy XP...which it would be nice to actually benefit from by having my characters on the same server!!

I get that this is more complicated than it seems and I get that it can't launch with any risk that the CS team will get flooded. I totally get all that. What I want is some gold text saying and confirming those things and roughing in a timeframe expectation.

From my PM Box:

Unfortunately, I have no new information on this. I will be sure to communicate on the forums as soon as I do though!

-eric

So at least he is answering, its not the answer that we want to hear, but at least he is answering...Unlike Joveth when he was CM.

i dont think you guys understand. what takes going in to a transfer ( for swtor that is) there alot of factors that have to be worked out.

What is to understand? They already did it about 9 months ago. It was done with the server mergers. Do you really think it takes 9+ months for them to monetize it? Each patch now is just updating the cartel market. So clearly they are just money-grabbing at this point. This is something they can just throw in the shop.

I work with lots of developers. I know a good one who could hammer out code like this in a day, every aspect of it.

Don't apologize for their bad behavior.

Given the Character and Gear glitches we got just doing forced direct transfers (never mind the issues that could be caused in going from PVE to PVP or RP-PVP to RP-PVE) and the legacy issues we've been having as late with the new reputation system (which PROBABLY won't integrate all that well going from one server to the next) I can see why server transfers still don't exist quite yet

Does that mean I don't want them? Hell no! I want all my characters on one server! I'd kill for that!

Due to obnoxious siblings and server transfers my characters are spread out - unfortunately - across three different servers... which often causes me to weep, and to moan :p that said, I've been here since launch and understand WHY server transfers haven't been enabled. Partly to protect our characters (some people lost gear and other stuff when the characters were transferred and a lot of legacies were screwed up) and partly because the whole transfer thing just doesn't work yet

I'm patient, but I'll be right there on release day willing to shell out as much as is required to complete the full character server migration ^^

Given the Character and Gear glitches we got just doing forced direct transfers (never mind the issues that could be caused in going from PVE to PVP or RP-PVP to RP-PVE) and the legacy issues we've been having as late with the new reputation system (which PROBABLY won't integrate all that well going from one server to the next) I can see why server transfers still don't exist quite yet

Does that mean I don't want them? Hell no! I want all my characters on one server! I'd kill for that!

Due to obnoxious siblings and server transfers my characters are spread out - unfortunately - across three different servers... which often causes me to weep, and to moan :p that said, I've been here since launch and understand WHY server transfers haven't been enabled. Partly to protect our characters (some people lost gear and other stuff when the characters were transferred and a lot of legacies were screwed up) and partly because the whole transfer thing just doesn't work yet

I'm patient, but I'll be right there on release day willing to shell out as much as is required to complete the full character server migration ^^

They are just poor developers (or upper management). Having mistakes in the first round is one thing, not having it ironed out almost a year later is inexcusable. Either they fail or they are being told not to do it. Since EA never mentioned it until January, I'm guessing they just fail. Otherwise, they would tell us exactly when to expect it. Not this "later this year" crap in January. Hey, 11 month window, great. :p