SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy

If server imbalance is a major concern, find a way to make Legacy account-wide instead of server wide. Then I know my personal need for a transfer evaporates, and I suspect a sizeable percentage of others' needs as well.

As long as we had some type of legacy bank, yes that would solve the problem.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MajikMyst, its already going to happen, you can't stop paid server transfers lol. Your saying like its not gonna happen before this year ends.

My guess(theory): Based on previous comments from the devs from the dev tracker, They have stated its coming later this year. Its a fact that its not coming in 2014 but in 2013. They have also stated that because of F2P transition they had to delay server transfers a bit later. I also believe that because of the added extra F2P model of the game they also had to delay Makeb, Cathar, 50-55 content, extra skill points, another companion mostlikely, more endgame. All the content delayed, server transfers and what I previously listed is coming when the expansion comes out. The point is, I believe the expansion will deliver delayed content including the highly anticipated server transfers. If server transfers come with the expansion, then thats perfect timing and I can't complain, I'll have to game naked for a week. :rak_03:

Edited by Jonoku

I think people need to stop worrying about where others want to play and worry about where they want to play instead. Server transfers aren't going to suddenly vacate the GTN (Which is a bioware fail for not being cross server in the first place. I mean, seriously.) and I expect with the influx of players from the F2P, you'll always be seeing players in the world and on the LFG system (Also a bioware fail for not being cross server) and warzones (Again, fail for not being cross server.)

The thing is, people are willing to abandon high level characters and start again just so they can play with their friends on a different server... So I really do think server balance won't be affected at all.

MajikMyst, its already going to happen, you can't stop paid server transfers lol. Your saying like its not gonna happen before this year ends.

My guess(theory): Based on previous comments from the devs from the dev tracker, They have stated its coming later this year. Its a fact that its not coming in 2014 but in 2013. They have also stated that because of F2P transition they had to delay server transfers a bit later. I also believe that because of the added extra F2P model of the game they also had to delay Makeb, Cathar, 50-55 content, extra skill points, another companion mostlikely, more endgame. All the content delayed, server transfers and what I previously listed is coming when the expansion comes out. The point is, I believe the expansion will deliver delayed content including the highly anticipated server transfers. If server transfers come with the expansion, then thats perfect timing and I can't complain, I'll have to game naked for a week. :rak_03:

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.. If paid transfers were all that and a bag of chips, they would have been available last year.. The fact that Bioware hasn't added them yet, says they are concerned about the same issues I am.. Sorry you disagree.. :)

The thing is, people are willing to abandon high level characters and start again just so they can play with their friends on a different server... So I really do think server balance won't be affected at all.

I'sn't that a contradiction in terms?? People are asking for server tranfers so they can reunite their alts with other toons.. That is just 1 of many reasons.. If people are so willing to just abandoned toons.. Why be concerned with server transfers at all then?? Just saying?? :)

I'sn't that a contradiction in terms?? People are asking for server tranfers so they can reunite their alts with other toons.. That is just 1 of many reasons.. If people are so willing to just abandoned toons.. Why be concerned with server transfers at all then?? Just saying?? :)

Like I said so many times before, they will either quit the game entirely or reroll. Its going to effect the population even without server transfers. See?

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.. If paid transfers were all that and a bag of chips, they would have been available last year.. The fact that Bioware hasn't added them yet, says they are concerned about the same issues I am.. Sorry you disagree.. :)

Like I said, F2P move made the delays of the expected content that was suppose to come by the end of last year which is why transfers aren't here yet. I'm sorry your denying facts. Its just like saying Kobe didn't make 15 All-star game appearences. :rolleyes: Your a stubborn one.

Just adding my voice to say that I badly want server transfers. I am sick and tired of having half of my characters stranded on another server that it makes no sense to play on, due to the whole Legacy thing.

It is getting to the point where I think I might unsub until they do implement transfers.

Like I said, F2P move made the delays of the expected content that was suppose to come by the end of last year which is why transfers aren't here yet. I'm sorry your denying facts. Its just like saying Kobe didn't make 15 All-star game appearences. :rolleyes: Your a stubborn one.

It has nothing to do with being stubborn.. You make it sound like this grand task to put server transfers in.. Like there is a lot to do.. There is nothing to do..

The fact of the issue is, we have already done it.. Many of us did it last July.. The button is in your account right now.. Go to your accounts page.. See for yourself.. Nothing has been pushed back.. Nothing has been delayed.. The system that allows server transfers is in place and ready to go.. Bioware is simply not going to enable it because of what it has the potential to do to the servers and the rest of the people on them.. Now there may be some folks that simply don't care how this may effect other folks.. Bioware does care.. Which is why server transfers weren't allowed sooner..

As for when they will be allowed?? Who knows.. Until It doesn't have the potential to effect the game for other people, or they have taken steps the minimize the effects to other people.. In either case, most likely not in the near future.. :)

It has nothing to do with being stubborn.. You make it sound like this grand task to put server transfers in.. Like there is a lot to do.. There is nothing to do..

The fact of the issue is, we have already done it.. Many of us did it last July.. The button is in your account right now.. Go to your accounts page.. See for yourself.. Nothing has been pushed back.. Nothing has been delayed.. The system that allows server transfers is in place and ready to go.. Bioware is simply not going to enable it because of what it has the potential to do to the servers and the rest of the people on them.. Now there may be some folks that simply don't care how this may effect other folks.. Bioware does care.. Which is why server transfers weren't allowed sooner..

As for when they will be allowed?? Who knows.. Until It doesn't have the potential to effect the game for other people, or they have taken steps the minimize the effects to other people.. In either case, most likely not in the near future.. :)

Wow your this mental....check the dev tracker, they've said it so many times already when paid transfers are here. Paid Server transfers have been delayed they even said it LOL. Its like all my comments have been ignored or invisible to you this whole time. Your obviously talking about the merges, those aren't transfers those are just merges. Stubborn much?

Also if your so worried about population, QQ at EAware for losing much of the population in the first place, theres plenty of reasons but no need to discuss those reasons here.

Edited by Jonoku

Wow your this mental....check the dev tracker, they've said it so many times already when paid transfers are here. Paid Server transfers have been delayed they even said it LOL. Its like all my comments have been ignored or invisible to you this whole time. Your obviously talking about the merges, those aren't transfers those are just merges. Stubborn much?

Also if your so worried about population, QQ at EAware for losing much of the population in the first place, theres plenty of reasons but no need to discuss those reasons here.

I am aware of what they have said.. I am insterested in a link that supports what you are saying.. I asked you for a link earlier and you have so far yet to provide one..

Most people did a voluntary transfer in or about June or July.. I actually got an in game pet for it... There is also a record of it in my previous transfers..

So they weren't all mergers.. There was just 1 merger.. :)

Stubborn much?? ;)

Edited by MajikMyst

I am aware of what they have said.. I am insterested in a link that supports what you are saying.. I asked you for a link earlier and you have so far yet to provide one..

Devtracker=link enough

I've stated facts with some opinions. You've stated all opinions on why there shouldn't be server transfers.

That says enough.

Most people did a voluntary transfer in or about June or July.. I actually got an in game pet for it... There is also a record of it in my previous transfers..

So they weren't all mergers.. There was just 1 merger.. :)

Stubborn much?? ;)

You still were forced to transfer from your original server, still a merge. You got transfered off Ajunta Pall to some random server? Then you got a choice to go to bastion or ebon hawk or something like that? Yup, deletion of servers=merge.

You still were forced to transfer from your original server, still a merge. You got transfered off Ajunta Pall to some random server? Then you got a choice to go to bastion or ebon hawk or something like that? Yup, deletion of servers=merge.

Oh, but you are admitting that we did transfer aren't you?? I trasnfered from Hyperspace cannon to Droogah's pleasure Barge.. My entire guild did.. We did it about 3 weeks before deadline.. Yes.. We all would have been moved anyways... But that is not the point.. The point is, the system to allow people to server trasfer already exists.. And it does.. FYI.. I was never on Ajunta..

So there is nothing to install or add to it.. There is nothing to push back.. We just recently used the a simular system to copy a character(s) to the test server.. The only difference is, the source character is not deleted..

It is also plainly obvious that you don't know what happened last year.. Nobody really had a choice of what server to go to.. I was on Hyperspace cannon, we all were told to go to Drooga's Pleasure Barge.. Your destination was determined by what server you were on.. Most everyone transfered early to get the pet and the BH comms.. It was like 25 comms or something.. About 3 months of being on the Pleasure Barge, we were all suddenly moved to another server.. Everyone on DPB went to the Harbinger.. There were no choices.. You were however never sent to a server type that you didn't select.. If you were on a PVE you stayed on PVE.. If you were in the region of the East Coast, then you stayed in the East Coast.. None the less, it did demonstrate the ability to transfer servers was there.. Which is my only point.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Oh, but you are admitting that we did transfer aren't you?? I trasnfered from Hyperspace cannon to Droogah's pleasure Barge.. My entire guild did.. We did it about 3 weeks before deadline.. Yes.. We all would have been moved anyways... But that is not the point.. The point is, the system to allow people to server trasfer already exists.. And it does.. FYI.. I was never on Ajunta..

So there is nothing to install or add to it.. There is nothing to push back.. We just recently used the a simular system to copy a character(s) to the test server.. The only difference is, the source character is not deleted..

It is also plainly obvious that you don't know what happened last year.. Nobody really had a choice of what server to go to.. I was on Hyperspace cannon, we all were told to go to Drooga's Pleasure Barge.. Your destination was determined by what server you were on.. Most everyone transfered early to get the pet and the BH comms.. It was like 25 comms or something.. About 3 months of being on the Pleasure Barge, we were all suddenly moved to another server.. Everyone on DPB went to the Harbinger.. There were no choices.. You were however never sent to a server type that you didn't select.. If you were on a PVE you stayed on PVE.. If you were in the region of the East Coast, then you stayed in the East Coast.. None the less, it did demonstrate the ability to transfer servers was there.. Which is my only point.. :)

Clearly I do know what happened last year. I expected Paid transfers, wasn't there then I simply unsubbed because of it. How can I not remember that if I'm still trying to get Paid transfers? lol. Your so stubborn dude not trying to be mean or anything but :rolleyes:

Edited by Jonoku

So with 2.0 being on the PTS, and the character copy finally getting tested, I am hoping Bioware will at least have an update on these soon.

I'm speculating that server transfers are going to be tested in another phase of testing.

"Cartel Market is Unavailable for this phase of testing."

Theres obviously going to be multiple phases of testing for this expansion. Its the biggest content update ever since launch so....

Edited by Jonoku

So with 2.0 being on the PTS, and the character copy finally getting tested, I am hoping Bioware will at least have an update on these soon.

From your keyboard to a BW employee's eyes. Would like to know:

1) Are server transfers going to be enabled with 2.0 (or any preceding, unannounced patch ala 1.75 or 1.8...)

2) What are the restrictions going to be in terms of quantity of transfers, source/destination, etc?

3) What is the cost, and is it through the cartel market or separate?

4) How are legacies going to be managed in the cases where you are transferring individual characters from one server you play on to another one you already play on? Are legacy points from server A going to be lost when you transfer to Server B? Can they just be added in and the subsequent Legacy levels achieved? Will we get a prompt to select one of the two Legacy names or will the destination server Legacy be the default?

Edited by CTyler

From your keyboard to a BW employee's eyes. Would like to know:

1) Are server transfers going to be enabled with 2.0 (or any preceding, unannounced patch ala 1.75 or 1.8...)

2) What are the restrictions going to be in terms of quantity of transfers, source/destination, etc?

3) What is the cost, and is it through the cartel market or separate?

4) How are legacies going to be managed in the cases where you are transferring individual characters from one server you play on to another one you already play on? Are legacy points from server A going to be lost when you transfer to Server B? Can they just be added in and the subsequent Legacy levels achieved? Will we get a prompt to select one of the two Legacy names or will the destination server Legacy be the default?

We already know how transfers work regarding legacy, see the FAQ.

Almost no ones main will transfer to PTS. See the CS forums @not Icebergy but other posters. Seeing these issues is a good sign as they will be able to work on xFers and perfect the process.

Almost no ones main will transfer to PTS. See the CS forums @not Icebergy but other posters. Seeing these issues is a good sign as they will be able to work on xFers and perfect the process.

Good sign indeed, once they find a way to perfect this process with the expansion the feature will be available.