SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PTR transfers, which is the Server Transfer system they have been working on, are available in the 2.0 test, and are also buggy as heck with a lot of people having their transfers to PTR fail.

Pretty glad they didn't rush this out.

While I agree that I am glad they didn't go live with so many bugs, you can hardly call it rushing when we expected to have server transfers back in August.

I could agree to that, although I have somewhere around 20million in credits and mats still on my old server that I would really like to have on my new server. Cross server legacy doesn't really help with that.

The mats are probably going to be worthless after the expansion if they are stabilizers and energy matrices so you should sell them while you still can.

Also cross server legacy would have to be additive rather than the one or the other affair that can be implemented by a GM at the moment, add the XP of the legacies and combine the perks purchased or earned (with a limit of 1 per account of course) so that if I decided to roll a fresh character on a RP server for instance I could still enjoy all the stuff I earned on my other characters.

Edited by LadyKohastFel

The mats are probably going to be worthless after the expansion if they are stabilizers and energy matrices so you should sell them while you still can.

Also cross server legacy would have to be additive rather than the one or the other affair that can be implemented by a GM at the moment, add the XP of the legacies and combine the perks purchased or earned (with a limit of 1 per account of course) so that if I decided to roll a fresh character on a RP server for instance I could still enjoy all the stuff I earned on my other characters.

Yes I know, I actually sold most of the mats off about a month ago.

And yes, I agree, that is what I was thinking, it would be like it is now for your server, except for all servers on your account.

What do you mean about the GMs can implement this now?

Server Transfers looks to come out as soon as expansion comes out. If not right after.

Can you post a link to support this? That is my hope honestly, that they have the Character Copy set up to test the Character Transfer Service that they are going to be adding. I would love it if it was free, but I wouldn't mind it if I have to pay for it, but that will limit the speed at which I get all of my characters consolidated onto 1 server.

Can you post a link to support this? That is my hope honestly, that they have the Character Copy set up to test the Character Transfer Service that they are going to be adding. I would love it if it was free, but I wouldn't mind it if I have to pay for it, but that will limit the speed at which I get all of my characters consolidated onto 1 server.

I know it looks like a fact but it isn't a fact. Its a hope and a opinion. I want it to be a fact but it aint.

Regarding Character Copy, bioware doesn't directly state it, but its pretty obvious that Character copy sets up to test the Server Transfer Service.

If its paid, I'm transfering my entire legacy over to the server I want to be on right away. I don't have anymore patience lol.

I know it looks like a fact but it isn't a fact. Its a hope and a opinion. I want it to be a fact but it aint.

Regarding Character Copy, bioware doesn't directly state it, but its pretty obvious that Character copy sets up to test the Server Transfer Service.

If its paid, I'm transfering my entire legacy over to the server I want to be on right away. I don't have anymore patience lol.

If its paid, I am just loading up one character with everything I own on my old server and transfering just him. If its not paid, I'll probably do two or three.

If its paid, I am just loading up one character with everything I own on my old server and transfering just him. If its not paid, I'll probably do two or three.

We don't know the prices so its hard to predict. As much as people say character copy opens up the base of server transfers I'm still bugged by server transfers not being here. Its annoying as ****. :mad:

The delay is mind boggling.

C'mon guys, I know you network with fellow developers and have friends that work at other games. Ask them for a little help to get this thing going!

Cannot believe server transfers is still an issue here.

MMOs have been mainstream for quite sometime and theres certain features that should be streamlined at launch like server transfers. I think any MMO that launches should have this option. The game has been out for over a year they need to make this a priority. They are losing subs over this and theres people out there that want to resub but are waiting to xfer their toons.

I'm not going to threaten to unsub if this feature isn't implemented but myself and many other people would greatly appreciate the feature and are willing to pay for it.

I would be insulted if I had to pay to transfer my Bounty Hunter stuck on a server because my friend who played on that server quit SWTOR.

I would be too happy that they finally allowed it at all to be insulted by a cost.

Making it not free also avoids a lot of the concerns that people who don't want transfers have. You should have to pay with real money, by the way, not cartel coins.

It's simply a fact that a lot of us bounced around from server to server trying to find a decent population in the first few months of the game. Now we have a main server with people we like to play with, and alts we still care about on other servers. Bioware could take ownership of the situation, please the community, and make money all at the same time.

I would be too happy that they finally allowed it at all to be insulted by a cost.

Making it not free also avoids a lot of the concerns that people who don't want transfers have. You should have to pay with real money, by the way, not cartel coins.

It's simply a fact that a lot of us bounced around from server to server trying to find a decent population in the first few months of the game. Now we have a main server with people we like to play with, and alts we still care about on other servers. Bioware could take ownership of the situation, please the community, and make money all at the same time.

Agreed, its really a win win for Bioware its one more thing they can implement that can generate revenue without angering the community. Really shocked they waited this long for this. I personally know at least 4 people that would reactivate subs if they could server xfer I'm willing to bet theres more out there.

I read the old server merge link from Bioware again since months ago. They think we will still enjoy playing without these transfers which is false, they need to recognize they are losing subs and losing patience from players. I was going to sub for 6months but thats not gonna happen at this rate. For now I'm subbing monthly as I level characters on the server I want to be on. Luckily, I never made certain advanced classes before like Juggernaut and Sniper. Certain Classes I've made before aren't a certain race/species I want to main anymore. So I at least get to reshape my legacy the way I want it. But after I get those characters maxed (in terms of level and crew skill and unlocking all dailies) I have no choice but to unsub and wait it out. :)

I read the old server merge link from Bioware again since months ago. They think we will still enjoy playing without these transfers which is false, they need to recognize they are losing subs and losing patience from players. I was going to sub for 6months but thats not gonna happen at this rate. For now I'm subbing monthly as I level characters on the server I want to be on. Luckily, I never made certain advanced classes before like Juggernaut and Sniper. Certain Classes I've made before aren't a certain race/species I want to main anymore. So I at least get to reshape my legacy the way I want it. But after I get those characters maxed (in terms of level and crew skill and unlocking all dailies) I have no choice but to unsub and wait it out. :)

Well, I suppose they are half right. I am happy with my main's server's population, I just want my alts to be able to play there as well.

Unless you are max Legacy Level on the server with your level 50s I would say that you should probably just wait it out now, because unless they offer a way to combine Legacy EXP then you are wasting Legacy EXP. I am personally hoping that we can get the individual Legacy EXP & Level combined. I would even take a starting point of the higher of the 2 Legacy Levels, and then the second Legacy getting reduced amount of Legacy EXP combined to that, but right now they are only taking all the Unlocks and the Highest Legacy Level.

Unless you are max Legacy Level on the server with your level 50s I would say that you should probably just wait it out now, because unless they offer a way to combine Legacy EXP then you are wasting Legacy EXP. I am personally hoping that we can get the individual Legacy EXP & Level combined. I would even take a starting point of the higher of the 2 Legacy Levels, and then the second Legacy getting reduced amount of Legacy EXP combined to that, but right now they are only taking all the Unlocks and the Highest Legacy Level.

I just need to make sure that My legacy doesn't go higher then legacy level 37 on the server I'm tryin to head to. Its BS I have to worry about but it shouldnt be a problem because I only intend to level 3 50s. I actually want to get the reshaping of my legacy done first before transfers arrive, after that I'm set just gotta wait. I strictly play zabrak and I haven't made a zabrak assassin so it bugs me a bit(And no, I'm not a fan of Darth Maul, I make my own story), don't mind hitting another 50 assassin at all. I wouldn't complain about them taking the highest legacy level to overwrite the legacy/merge, its not a problem at all. Nothing to do at legacy level 50 anyway. I'm going to level more characters after the transfer so it doesn't bug me a bit.

The only thing bugging me really right now is the lack of server transfers, once I could transfer my entire legacy to merge with another I can't complain really. I'm not gonna pick at things like combining legacy xp or little things like: "Why Can't I get a free transfer?" thats really not important to me and that complaint sounds kinda stupid to me IMO.

Edited by Jonoku