SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy

I hope some of you wanting to leave servers are wanting to leave harbinger...that server is so full now some of my guildies with basic DSL cannot even venture into fleet under peak times...I have a dedicated 2 MB connection and I avoid fleet because I lag too badly to bother with it...we could stand to lose a few players to other servers. We have the highest population ALL THE TIME. and frankly, it gets old. Having 4-5 instances of imperial fleet with 240+ on each one is ridiculous.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope some of you wanting to leave servers are wanting to leave harbinger...that server is so full now some of my guildies with basic DSL cannot even venture into fleet under peak times...I have a dedicated 2 MB connection and I avoid fleet because I lag too badly to bother with it...we could stand to lose a few players to other servers. We have the highest population ALL THE TIME. and frankly, it gets old. Having 4-5 instances of imperial fleet with 240+ on each one is ridiculous.

I'm on Harbinger too, and I don't ever experience any lag. Maybe it's just a computer issue? If you're lagging it up on the fleet and planning to stay there for more than a couple minutes, try turning your visible character limit to low. That's what I do if i'm spending any amount of time on there at all.

Seriously I have considered quitting the game because of this issue, I have a 50 sorc that I put on The Shadowlands because when my brother played that is where we were, but he quit and I got lonely. So then I reconnected with my guild from SWG and joined them on the Harbinger. Once this happened I got 2 50s and now I am stuck having a useless 50 sitting on a server I refuse to play on just because it is useless if they cannot all interconnect and I have no real life attatchment over on that server for me to be motivated.

Most people seem to just want to be able to bring alts over to the server their main is located. I for one actually want to move my main and all my other toons to a new server. I'm tired of being on a pvp server, nobody legit pvps its only ganking and the community is terrible, full of little kids and people who aren't even really star wars fans they just want to pew pew. I'm wanting desperately to move to an RP server for a community of people who are actually star wars fans as much or more then they are simply mmo fans... and to not have to deal with ganking anymore. I was on an RP server at launch, but moved to Fatman when it was the only server that could hold any semblance of a population assuming I would be able to transfer back once the server migrations/consolidations hit. Guess I was very very wrong. I really want to go back though but I'm just too hooked into the legacy I've built now to abandon it and my newer 50s. I'm NOT starting over from scratch again knowing that transfers will come eventually. I just wish I could at least have some kind of ETA so I'm not just left here in the dark waiting hopelessly that it comes any time reasonably soon that I don't have to just abandon the game for an extended period of time. I really want to keep playing, I love the game, but I'm not making any more alts until I can make them on a new server. Nor am I going to bother getting hooked into a new guild, I've hopped around on this server for a while and never found one that really fits me, so the end game content I can access ion my current 50s is limited to stuff I can solo or use group finder for, and that has gotten kind of boring now. So now I just simply wait. Canceling my sub until it happens, then I will gladly resub.

(I know nobody cares and don't really expect anybody to read it, just posting this to vent and to add to the pressure on Bioware to get it done)

sounds like a graphics problem and not a latency issue. I can run at peak times with a .75mbs connection semi smoothly.... from up in alaska. I'm normally tethered to my phone now a days though so not really a problem. :p

As to server transfers, My first 3 toons I made to play with some friends on the east coast, are on Prophecy of the 5 which for some reason I have terrible latency problems with and my old guild makes got bored and quit the game. I started up 2 more toons on the harbinger to play with some different buddies though and I have no problems. Just sad that my best toons are stuck on a server I can't really play on, and I can't take advantage of my legacy perks to help level these new toons. :(

Edited by bigtonyman

Even if they just told us if it was before or after RotHC that would be great, so that I can adjust my plans...

Though I suppose the silence pretty much guarantees it will be after...sigh

I agree. I have a level 50 Sniper stranded on a server that I know nobody on. I would be happy if they would at least give us the courtesy of a timeline and what their plans are on implementing server xfers I know a feature like this takes time and effort to implement but I want to know what their intentions and plans are.

It doesn't seem like they are treating server transfers at all seriously. They seem to worry more about content then server transfers, content is good and all but how do I enjoy content without consilidating my characters/legacies? I know I've said it many times but :confused:. If it was so serious they would have address this issue by now. And yes they already made server transfers it looks like all they have to do is plug it in. As much as repair costs being an issue and people threatening to unsub, the same is happening with server transfers. It is just as important :confused::confused:.

I'm on Harbinger too, and I don't ever experience any lag. Maybe it's just a computer issue? If you're lagging it up on the fleet and planning to stay there for more than a couple minutes, try turning your visible character limit to low. That's what I do if i'm spending any amount of time on there at all.

It's not my PC, really...it's my server ping...spikes up to 1000+ off and on...I am in TX, and I know the connection is good...only does it on fleet...well, and a few times in the gree event on Ilum first few days...but I half expected that during the event anyway...normal ping is around 50-110...the lag spikes are annoying! It's also only occuring at times when the server load says "HEAVY" (read: between 5 pm and 11 pm most nights...when I can play...so I just skip fleet until after 11 pm)

Edited by planet_J

ummm just to pop in You know with the bugs in the current PTS copy tool right now where some toons are not being copied ,,, I would be to quick to want them to release a broken transfer server tool untill they have the bugs worked out fully

It's not my PC, really...it's my server ping...spikes up to 1000+ off and on...I am in TX, and I know the connection is good...only does it on fleet...well, and a few times in the gree event on Ilum first few days...but I half expected that during the event anyway...normal ping is around 50-110...the lag spikes are annoying! It's also only occuring at times when the server load says "HEAVY" (read: between 5 pm and 11 pm most nights...when I can play...so I just skip fleet until after 11 pm)

This is really not the place for you to complain about your lag, but if you are having the problem and other people say they aren't, maybe it is not the server.

Actually, I am on the Harbinger, and my problem isn't with Lag. My problem is that I have 4 lvl 50's on Prophecy of the Five (started on Anchorhead), and I started playing on The Harbinger when issues drove me away from Anchorhead, and 3 lvl 50s on The Harbinger. I would like to get all of my characters onto 1 server. I knew there was no chance in heck of getting all my characters onto one server when they did the server mergers b/c the 2 servers are under different rule sets.

Seriously, you are complaining that there are enough people on the Harbinger that we have a community?

Also cross server legacy would have to be additive rather than the one or the other affair that can be implemented by a GM at the moment, add the XP of the legacies and combine the perks purchased or earned (with a limit of 1 per account of course).

So I submitted a ticket asking them to do this after I saw this post, but they said that it is not a service they perform. :( I was hoping that could at least solve part of my problem.

Two characters for what?

alts.......options....legacy purposes......reshaping my background of my legacy story even tho there is no bio text box to type into........

After I level 2 more 50s, its time to take a break and play some steam games and some assassins creed 3 and come back to play again.

Edited by Jonoku

I recently came back due to the buzz of 2.0 coming soon and was astonished there are still no paid character transfers of any kind yet.

When my original server was closed I made a hasty decision due to the time limit we had for free transfers which I now regret. It has not been as much fun playing on this server as I'd hoped and would jump at the chance to move characters to another as I feel it would make the game more enjoyable for me.

I also find it astonishing that EA have not made this a priority considering the absolute mint the makers of a certain large rival MMO company must make from server and faction transfers.......do they not want to make money or something?

Eric Musco said he is going to try start giving us more info as long as we understand that plans change...I hope he visits this thread next! We are adults in this thread! Edited by Icebergy

Eric Musco said he is going to try start giving us more info as long as we understand that plans change...I hope he visits this thread next! We are adults in this thread!

Part of mmo culture, plans do change.

Eric Musco said he is going to try start giving us more info as long as we understand that plans change...I hope he visits this thread next! We are adults in this thread!

Ghostcrawler promised me a moose too, see where that got me.

Eric, or anyone at BW, an update on plans for this service is sorely needed. Even if all you have to say is "We're still not sure when we'll be able to offer this service due to x and y".

All Eric said to me was, Server Transfers=one of their top priorities. I'm just happy I at least get to level some characters I havent done before or a certain species I haven't leveled before as that certain class. But after I get these 2 more 50s I'll start to get bored tbh, waiting on consilidations is still bothersome even tho many have replied good news about server transfers. I'm aware of what they have previously said, its just bothersome to wait for something very important and to me its more important then the expansion and the other upcoming content. I'm pretty isolated to enjoy the end game content without these transfers. Consilidations is a must need. Edited by Jonoku

If its paid, I am just loading up one character with everything I own on my old server and transfering just him. If its not paid, I'll probably do two or three.

That was what my plan was going to be if they added server transfers also. Because shortly before they started server consolidations I switched to a new server leaving behind 3 or 4 50's.

This was posted by a dev: "I can't say just yet on April 2nd, but this is one of the ducks I'm lining up. It's no coincidence that the change we are making is related to that (among other) self-service implementations. One of the ducks even has 'move' in it's name."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5965096#edit5965096

Maybe....

Trying to say server transfers have something to do with it of a possible release on April 2nd? It seems more like he is trying to say that their number one priority over other services is security. Thats bad news...........or I'm insane and I can't see it in plain sight.

Edited by Jonoku

This was posted by a dev: "I can't say just yet on April 2nd, but this is one of the ducks I'm lining up. It's no coincidence that the change we are making is related to that (among other) self-service implementations. One of the ducks even has 'move' in it's name."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5965096#edit5965096

Maybe....

I read that a few minutes ago, and I figured the "Move" duck he was referring to was something to do with moving your mobile authenticator to a new device, which would seem logical given the context of the post having to do with account security. Buuuuut...I can also be talked into your interpretation - hope springs eternal!!