The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

I'm really very tempted to reinvent Doc, I'd make him a fresh 60 smuggler, and gay.

I'm also tempted to make Talos Drellik...

EDIT: I just noticed that the char creation options doesn't have Doc's moustache... :( Talos Drellik it will have to be, so glad we can all get him as a companion, now. :)

Edited by sentientomega

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st time poster , long time follower . Is this thread dead? :confused:

I honestly think that it's a dead issue as they dev team has included same gender romance as an option since RotHC, and with KotFE it is also possible with our companions. I can only assume that it might be expanded to more of the original companions in the new content as we get them in the future content for this expansion. My female Sorc and Sage have been romancing Lana since last expac and have continued it in this expac.

Yeah, half the point of this thread is griping to let steam off, and now that we're getting actual options there's less of a need. I figure we'll get a jump in traffic when the game starts bringing back old LIs, particularly if some of them end up bisexual.

People are checking out the new content. Once we're bored, it'll be back to speculating about if BW will ever get back to the 1-50 void.

Honestly if people do that it's just silly. There really isn't a need to do that. The problem has been addressed, and we all need to accept what has been changed. If they were to go back and change anything then they should also make it so that we can all choose the sexuality of our characters during character creation, and give everyone a one time option to change their already existing character's sexuality, and then lock in those options. That would be the best possible option of everyone.

If they were to go back and change anything then they should also make it so that we can all choose the sexuality of our characters during character creation, and give everyone a one time option to change their already existing character's sexuality, and then lock in those options. That would be the best possible option of everyone.

Toggles aren't a "best option" at all, and suggesting them is actually against the rules.

Honestly if people do that it's just silly. There really isn't a need to do that. The problem has been addressed, and we all need to accept what has been changed. If they were to go back and change anything then they should also make it so that we can all choose the sexuality of our characters during character creation, and give everyone a one time option to change their already existing character's sexuality, and then lock in those options. That would be the best possible option of everyone.

"This thing isn't something I wan't, so it's not important to anyone."

Go back to the General Discussion section, where you can continue to tell everyone that mandatory level sync, pure story at the expense of everything else, and that you shouldn't have to pvp to get anything in this game are the only right options and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

You choose it by whether or not you click the Flirt options. Some ovely complicated character mode would be more work for nothing.

Not really . As long as peoples still can make a Level 1 , the issue hasnt been solved .

The new romances are only avaible (1) if you are a sub/or brought the expansions (2) later Level 50+

So this 'Ban' of a sort on same sex is ridiculous and should be lifted .

As for going back , it wouldn't hurt them . they could fix many thing on the way beside unlocking the original companions , like altering some dialogue to recognize cathar and togruta who were added late for exemple .

Not really . As long as peoples still can make a Level 1 , the issue hasnt been solved .

The new romances are only avaible (1) if you are a sub/or brought the expansions (2) later Level 50+

So this 'Ban' of a sort on same sex is ridiculous and should be lifted .

As for going back , it wouldn't hurt them . they could fix many thing on the way beside unlocking the original companions , like altering some dialogue to recognize cathar and togruta who were added late for exemple .

I'll be cheering right along with everyone else in the thread if they did revisit old companion romances, however...

I don't think they will. It's not really a done thing, unless you're Blizzard pulling a Cataclysm with a full on young game revamp. What they've done with SWTOR is basically speed the experience up to the point where you only need to do class and planet stories, and unhooked companion conversations from affection level - that is not a true content revamp, but an alteration in the levelling curve (and a total revamp of the affection system).

If they DO add new content to old companions in the younger game, a whole lot of people will end up locked out because they've already played past it.

What I'm kind of hoping for is that they will allow us to romance old companions during KotFE... But I'm just tired and I'll take whatever SGR content they throw at me right now, even if it means leaving some of my favourite companions behind (Kira, Elara, Rania... just for example). (Really, Bioware, can we please have a LS female LI for female characters? Please? PLEASE!!! :eek:)

"This thing isn't something I wan't, so it's not important to anyone."

Go back to the General Discussion section, where you can continue to tell everyone that mandatory level sync, pure story at the expense of everything else, and that you shouldn't have to pvp to get anything in this game are the only right options and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Though this isn't exactly the thread for it, I do think the PvP requirement for the two associated companions is pretty harsh, I'd tie the missions into the unranked PvP Weekly (15 matches tops), or Daily (4 matches tops), depending on what conversation option people pick, you'd be ordered to complete the Daily, or the Weekly. PvEers could go straight for the daily, everyone else could get the weekly. However, if you're eligible for neither, then the standard 20-match-slog would come into play, unless you cared to wait for the next Daily or Weekly to become obtainable.

I've done those 20 or so matches for M1-4X, they took forever to get through; eve with wall-to-wall queuing on my part, it's far too grindy as it is. Also, allowing us the choice of being able to insulate our characters from the PvP matches, and instead using generic models with our current char's advanced class, like with the non-class ships in GSF, would be great.

I'll be cheering right along with everyone else in the thread if they did revisit old companion romances, however...

I don't think they will. It's not really a done thing, unless you're Blizzard pulling a Cataclysm with a full on young game revamp. What they've done with SWTOR is basically speed the experience up to the point where you only need to do class and planet stories, and unhooked companion conversations from affection level - that is not a true content revamp, but an alteration in the levelling curve (and a total revamp of the affection system).

If they DO add new content to old companions in the younger game, a whole lot of people will end up locked out because they've already played past it.

What I'm kind of hoping for is that they will allow us to romance old companions during KotFE... But I'm just tired and I'll take whatever SGR content they throw at me right now, even if it means leaving some of my favourite companions behind (Kira, Elara, Rania... just for example). (Really, Bioware, can we please have a LS female LI for female characters? Please? PLEASE!!! :eek:)

I'm with you, I really wish we had more alignment variety vis-a-vis romance, especially of female NPCs/companions, and of being able to romance old companions, hopefully with more options than they gave us in the 1-50 Dark Ages of swtor.

Edited by sentientomega

I'm contemplating making a female toon (just for fun an as an alt)....I love me some girl-girl action anyday:) Is it good? or are the lines and what they say just the same as when its a male-female interaction?

Aside from the entirely juvenile reason you want to do it, no the lines are exactly the same as for a guy interacting with Lana. She never even uses gendered pronouns to refer to you. Neither do Theron or Koth.

Aside from the entirely juvenile reason you want to do it, no the lines are exactly the same as for a guy interacting with Lana. She never even uses gendered pronouns to refer to you. Neither do Theron or Koth.

yea I know its considered juvenile and all but I cant help it still;)

Oki..so the lines are the same..that sucks..nothing sexy about that...but ty for info..I shall not pursue this path then:)

I was hoping for some quality "girl-girl action writing" but I guess Bioware would have had buss-loads of lawsuit on their asses;) Its after all USA the land of extreme contradiction;) So...I understand 100% why they dont go that way!

Edited by runar_smugler

yea I know its considered juvenile and all but I cant help it still;)

Oki..so the lines are the same..that sucks..nothing sexy about that...but ty for info..I shall not pursue this path then:)

Whew! Glad you don't let what rude others say dissuade you, over half the posters here are wanting it for the same reason you are whether it be f/f or m/m. It's like no one reads the thread. :p

I'm pretty content with how Bioware has done this in all of the expansions. Yeah, it isn't perfect, and in an ideal world they would go back and retrofit 1-50, but still... the fact that they added various flirts/options/messages in all story stuff post-launch seems to indicate that they do care and they were listening. And I'll take it!

That said... (some spoilers about end of chapter IX)

I do wish that Theron came back sooner. I loved the little note from him at the start, and was glad when he did come back. The romance scene with him was cute as well. I'm tempted to take my Jedi through KOTFE to see the Koth romance though, and was pleased to see all the flirt options with Koth (even if I was staying loyal to Theron and didn't pick them lol.) And I have some confusion around the new companions... at the end of Chapter IX, Theron changes from contact to companion and you can summon him. Now I haven't tried yet, but can you summon him anywhere? Like when you are doing the old heroics? Or only in KOTFE content?

Theron can do crew skill..so I think he can be a companion and fight with you (heal you too) .

Anyone remember the name of the blue haired mechanic?

It's Tora, I believe. I, personally, like her design but her personality makes all interest I'd have in her, even platonic, evaporate.