The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

Will we know who the romance options are once early access hits, or will it take another week?

They likely won't tell us, but within the first two days people who blast through the content and hit 65 will be reporting who and what can be flirted/slept with.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They likely won't tell us, but within the first two days people who blast through the content and hit 65 will be reporting who and what can be flirted/slept with.

Good. I do not have early access, so this'll give me time to level up those characters whom I haven't bothered with to the end of their storylines while I decide what to do with my main.

I will ditch her if she responds negative to anything but DS choices, just like I effectively ditched Xalek for that reason - but he was easily bribed into worship.

On one hand I am all for them removing gifts and current affection system (for better storytelling experience), but on the other I am selfish and these gifts give somewhat nice sum of credits....and the damn Tatooine stronghold is expensive!:)

On one hand I am all for them removing gifts and current affection system (for better storytelling experience), but on the other I am selfish and these gifts give somewhat nice sum of credits....and the damn Tatooine stronghold is expensive!:)
Hush now, don't tell them too much. ;)

I will ditch her if she responds negative to anything but DS choices, just like I effectively ditched Xalek for that reason - but he was easily bribed into worship.

"I don't know which is worse...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." -Bill Watterson

Anyone tried to SGR flirt with vanilla companions yet?

...you mean in KoTFE early access? Imo it is still too early to ask such a question and expect an answer...mainly as I heard you have to complete a quest or something for the old companions:)

...you mean in KoTFE early access? Imo it is still too early to ask such a question and expect an answer...mainly as I heard you have to complete a quest or something for the old companions:)

No I meant in the original 1-50. I know it's a long shot but I was holding out a sliver of hope. I have my first conversation ready to go with Corso just in case.

Edit: I'm not particularly interested in Corso; I just happen to have a male Smuggler who just got off Ord Mantell.

Edited by ForjKlahaa

Notes about SGR in my experience so far with KOTFE. I'm not done with the story yet, though.

* Lana was only present for two LS/DS choices so far (the story switches which companion is mandatory very frequently) and both LS choices met with her disapproval. There have been a few opportunities to flirt with her again, one late in the story leading to a kiss.

* There is a new story-mandated female companion I had one opportunity to flirt with. I didn't take it as my warrior was remaining faithful to Lana, and I have a hunch it wouldn't lead anywhere due to who the character in question is, but it was present.

* There's a new male companion I also had repeated opportunities to flirt with. Was playing a female character so I don't know if male PCs also get the option.

I've only run into three old companions in the story so far, none were romanceable by either gender before and no chance to flirt with them now.

Edited by Cythereal

All the 1-50 conversations with the original companions are opened up, regardless of your level of affection/influence.

So I'm spending my morning going through all the conversations I didn't get on companions I didn't max out affection with.

I've so far finished Kaliyo's line, and while I now like her much better than I used to - there were no flirt lines available to my female agent with her.

So, they haven't touched 1-50 companions wrt SGR.

(I swear I had Temple's affection maxed out, but I seem to have a few conversations with her, maybe they're new, or maybe they've just reset the conversations - I haven't investigated that yet.)

* There's a new male companion I also had repeated opportunities to flirt with. Was playing a female character so I don't know if male PCs also get the option.

Same-gender flirts confirmed for

Koth

by a guildie running through KotFE on an insta-60 male Sith Pureblood Juggernaut.

Also played through and can confirm for the m/m side:

Koth is available to flirt with and is a companion from the very beginning. Theron appears at the very end and at first I thought he was just an advisor but he actually becomes a follower. I had been flirting with Koth the whole time and there was a kiss but later there was a scene where I got to choose between them by choosing who to go off and talk to. There wasn't any jealousy or anything.

Also the game gave me a warning about starting a relationship which was cool after I accidentally ended up marrying Nadia on my Consular. Oops

So basically I think the guys did pretty well with KOFTE :) Shame about the 1-50 stuff but as the companions start reappearing who knows?

Also we don't seem to be able to customize the new characters outfits which sucks but they do have companion customization slots but I don't know if any vendors sell any. Guess we'll be seeing a lot of Lanas and Therons across the galaxy.

Can I just say though that I HATE HATE HATE "classic" conversations. Whoever came up with that idea needs... well I won't threaten violence but... you know.

In the sort of in-game poster art that displays for each chapter when if you click play outside of the chapters, the one for Chapter X seems to feature Kaylio although (it could be some other Rattataki) and she could come back as bi. I read a lot of gay/bi girls thinks she is anyway.

The ting is we haven't had any previous love interests show up in the story. The only one I can think of that can even be re-recruited is Pierce but I don't know if he has anything to say to a female warrior he was with previously or not... not that it mattered because she'd be mute anyway.

Back on topic I guess the only thing to hope for besides more gay/bi characters who are new is that old companions come back being a bit more open about their sexuality.

Oh, wonderful.

Now I understand how gay/bi male players felt about the Mass Effect games. At least guys get Theron and Koth.

''So far'' are very important words in this case...hmm minor spoiler

we appear to be very early in the story still (I mean the end of KotFE not me personally)

so who knows what future chapters will bring....or or there might be still undiscovered flirts since when KotFE ends there are still stories and I don't believe people have done them all yet:)

Edit: don't spoil the wonderful surprise!

Edited by Saelinne

Yes. Women can flirt with Senya at one point, but it leads nowhere.

Indeed, Lana is the only one. I really like Senya though, and maybe there'll be something there with her down the track...

The following spoiler tags contain heavy spoilers for KotFE regarding both Lana and Senya.

It'd be nice to have a slightly older lady LI for a change, especially one who kicks so much behind... However there's an element of creepy to the idea too, given that the Outlander is currently host to her former husband, Valkorion... So I'm kind of torn on the idea.

As far as Lana goes, though, my worry she might be excessively DSed seems to be unfounded. While there are two points where she disapproves of LS choices, those seem to be because the Outlander is endangering themself (by taking the LS choice) and not because she's all "muhahahaha I'm Evil with a Capital E nao".

I've found her romance to be rather sweet, though you don't get the confirmation pop up until Chapter IX.

Of course, now I'm wondering if they'll bring in other f/f LIs in later chapters... I guess that means I'll hold off on my other Imp characters until I know more.

It'd be nice to have a slightly older lady LI for a change, especially one who kicks so much behind... However there's an element of creepy to the idea too, given that the Outlander is currently host to her former husband, Valkorion... So I'm kind of torn on the idea.

let's have a spoiler tag discussion because why not?:D

Imo a romance with...err...the older lady whose name begins with S might be interesting because of the reason she was the wife of the Emperor...and you will never be sure if she is romancing you or her ex-husband:)