Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

News from the Manhattan cantina event: Starting in 3.0, there will be 'playersexual' options in the dialogue, so anyone can [Flirt] with anyone they want. While we still won't get any new dialogue with existing companions, it is still possible and being considered, according to Eric Musco.

Yeah, I saw that. And y'know, I'm kind of appreciative for anything I can get at this point - it's better than nothing, at least - but guys. Guys. Come on, now. I already had this with Dragon Age 2, and once was way more than enough. I get what it is they're trying to impart with 'player sexual' here. They mean 'available as romances for player characters of any gender'. That's ok, but there's already a word for that. Two even. Bisexuality and pansexuality. Say it with me, Bioware. Bisexuality and pansexuality.

Just for once, call them what they are and stop making up fake terms to appease people who recoil in horror at the thought of that npc they're flirting with responding similarly to players of a different gender.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for once, call them what they are and stop making up fake terms to appease people who recoil in horror at the thought of [...]

...real people who are bisexual or pansexual.

That said, all the NPCs in this game are "playersexual" in that regardless of the player's actions or alignment, the NPC will (happily) jump their bones. But of course we can't expect Austin to know any words other than "straight" and "maybe not straight? *confused whale noises*"

News from the Manhattan cantina event: Starting in 3.0, there will be 'playersexual' options in the dialogue, so anyone can [Flirt] with anyone they want. While we still won't get any new dialogue with existing companions, it is still possible and being considered, according to Eric Musco.

Wait, so do we get to flirt with female companions as a female character if we turn this on and they'll respond (even if its with a generic / male reply)? or will companions be excluded?

as a part b of the question, will this mean i wont be forced to romance Aric on my trooper?

Hmm.. If this is the case, do I WANT to level up my female characters with the 12x exp bonus or wait till 3.0 instead and do it the slow but with flirty options :p

Query: Master, what purpose does this strange vibrating device serve?

HK... what were you doing in my room?

Statement: Kaliyo left the door open.

KALIYO WHY WERE YOU IN MY ROOM?!

I wonder if HK tried to get somewhere with SCORPIO, and was just looking for ways to get somewhere...

Wait, so do we get to flirt with female companions as a female character if we turn this on and they'll respond (even if its with a generic / male reply)? or will companions be excluded?

as a part b of the question, will this mean i wont be forced to romance Aric on my trooper?

Hmm.. If this is the case, do I WANT to level up my female characters with the 12x exp bonus or wait till 3.0 instead and do it the slow but with flirty options :p

No, no companion romances, ever, I'm afraid. This only applies to new NPCs. Of which we will likely have two.

No, no companion romances, ever, I'm afraid. This only applies to new NPCs. Of which we will likely have two.

Humbug :( might as well level em up then

Edit: TBH I'd rather they put in a repeatable kiss / woohoo scene for romanced companions before they start fleshing out SGR's. Really hate how their story just falls of a cliff :(

Edited by MetalGenocide

<Breathe deeply, think happy thoughts> :t_rolleyes:

Nice and calm... Okay, now, with this news maybe I don't want to go to a Cantina Event just to throw the game in their faces. :eek:

However, I'm getting tired of this **** and their excuses! So, I would like to see someone go to "The One that Is" (B5 Ref) or those responsible, take a rolled up newspaper and whap them on the nose(s) saying, "BAD DOG! NO BISCUT FOR YOU!" :t_mad::t_evil:

<Breathe deeply, think happy thoughts!> :t_angel:

Misha Collins for males, Scarlet Johansson/Emma Watson for females?

Hell, Misha Collins was my first man crush.

Scarlet Johannson AND Emma Watson? This is going to be one *********** kick-arse romp across the galaxy, let me tell you!

Can we have Lucy Liu, Gina Torres and Dame Maggie Smith as well? Lucy Liu as a Jedi Master, Gina Torres as a mighty Bounty Hunter and Dame Maggie Smith as a Darth who's fed up with your upstart shenanigans, by the Force who raised you?! Hutts?!

Scarlet Johannson AND Emma Watson? This is going to be one *********** kick-arse romp across the galaxy, let me tell you!

Can we have Lucy Liu, Gina Torres and Dame Maggie Smith as well? Lucy Liu as a Jedi Master, Gina Torres as a mighty Bounty Hunter and Dame Maggie Smith as a Darth who's fed up with your upstart shenanigans, by the Force who raised you?! Hutts?!

That would be a dream come true. ;)

Also Stephen Fry as a Moff, with Alan Davies as his aide. We need more suggestions for male character voice-actors!

I want Emma Watson to be a Sith Lord... I just think she'd be good at it.

Look, we need a few more famous voice actors. Get on that, Bioware!

Roger Allam and Benedict Cumberbatch as rival Sith Lords... "I could kill you and take your assets." "You could. That plan may work out for you. But there's one flaw in your plan!" "Which is?" "I am me and you are you!"

Okay, this may get out of hand, but this will be the most AWESOME party ever!

Report, ignore, move on. Guy doesn't know the difference between hyperspace and FTL drives, let alone current biological studies on animal behaviour.

SW does achieve FTL travel, through the use of hyper drives. Don't argue semantics plz.

I am not saying anything report worthy. Why are you hostile? I am explaining a possible reason as to why there isn't prevalent homosexuality in SW.

Which did you report him on?

But yeah, it would be pretty cool.

Both of his lovely little posts. It's just not worth the hassle, I've seen this behaviour at least one score times before, in this specific thread. We've had half a dozen threads before this, as well.

On a lighter note, I'm going to try to contact Musco on Monday through the PM system, I'd suggest anyone else interested do the same, and ask "what the eff are you guys thinking?!" in the politest way possible, of course.

Don't feed the trolls, people!

Why feed trolls when we could annoy Musco instead?

Why feed trolls when we could elaborate on how easy it is for Bioware to write SGRA with the existing companions? I mean, the only possible problem is translating Corso's condescending casual misogyny into something applicable to a male PC, and considering that his entire personality is the reason why I didn't romance Corso with my incredibly straight, sexually active, people loving Smuggler, I'm not exactly the right person for that job.

Although I'm sure a ball gag would suffice.

Kaliyo's already bi in the canon, so her SGRA shouldn't even be a "thing" by terms of "waaah, that won't suit the character, waaah" - but let's not forget there's, like, one companion who goes on about this lady-loving ways. One of the insufferable Jedi's insufferable companions. Is it the Consular one, Doc? That dude.

Pierce would probably be completely up for a one-night stand, because he strikes me as a guy who has fun with willing participants, regardless of their gender or sex. He's a low-class Imperial, as well, so his racism might be a light, but it doesn't matter as you're the Wrath. Jaesa... eh, that entire "break her, remake her personality and then **** her" doesn't sit well with me. Vette you can only romance if you take off her Shock Collar, which makes it less skeevy than Jaesa's line, and she'd probably like the Wrath if She were nice. Quinn makes remarks in the post-romance letters about the Wrath perhaps needing a period of confinement were She to get pregnant, but that's in-keeping with his personality of having all the information and facts, and the letters could be easily changed - possibly to reference the necessities both scientifically or more traditionally - to reflect a male Wrath.

I'm just saying, there's nothing that specifically marks any of the companions as being "straight only straight all the way straighty straight straight", and they already universally ignore the PC's personality. There is no atrocity you can commit that will make a companion go "Eh, maybe not??", so any attempt at arguing that they aren't "playersexual" is nonsense.

Why feed trolls when we could annoy Musco instead?

Why feed trolls when we could elaborate on how easy it is for Bioware to write SGRA with the existing companions? I mean, the only possible problem is translating Corso's condescending casual misogyny into something applicable to a male PC, and considering that his entire personality is the reason why I didn't romance Corso with my incredibly straight, sexually active, people loving Smuggler, I'm not exactly the right person for that job.

Although I'm sure a ball gag would suffice.

Kaliyo's already bi in the canon, so her SGRA shouldn't even be a "thing" by terms of "waaah, that won't suit the character, waaah" - but let's not forget there's, like, one companion who goes on about this lady-loving ways. One of the insufferable Jedi's insufferable companions. Is it the Consular one, Doc? That dude.

Pierce would probably be completely up for a one-night stand, because he strikes me as a guy who has fun with willing participants, regardless of their gender or sex. He's a low-class Imperial, as well, so his racism might be a light, but it doesn't matter as you're the Wrath. Jaesa... eh, that entire "break her, remake her personality and then **** her" doesn't sit well with me. Vette you can only romance if you take off her Shock Collar, which makes it less skeevy than Jaesa's line, and she'd probably like the Wrath if She were nice. Quinn makes remarks in the post-romance letters about the Wrath perhaps needing a period of confinement were She to get pregnant, but that's in-keeping with his personality of having all the information and facts, and the letters could be easily changed - possibly to reference the necessities both scientifically or more traditionally - to reflect a male Wrath.

I'm just saying, there's nothing that specifically marks any of the companions as being "straight only straight all the way straighty straight straight", and they already universally ignore the PC's personality. There is no atrocity you can commit that will make a companion go "Eh, maybe not??", so any attempt at arguing that they aren't "playersexual" is nonsense.

Admittedly, after my Wrath decided to turn her to the Darkside, once she'd turned, he really just went: "Sure, do what ever and whoever you want, my apprentice." She actually ended up coming onto me, which I just went with.

Though Kaliyo seems to be bisexual by nature, I really didn't like her attitude towards life, so I just continued past her. My Agent has more... sophisticated tastes than just drugs sex and rock and roll. He likes Kaliyo, but I don't think they're compatible sexually. Also, yeah, I sort of wanted a night with Pierce after the Bastion.

Temple could bi, I guess. Basically the entire romance story is teaching her to be more independent.

Vector's loss of independence and then rediscovery could open him up to the prospects of loving a man. I liked him. He was sophisticated and sort of weird... eccentric. It would be quite simple to make him bi.

Also, there is a small flirt with SCORPIO that could easily be made by a female agent.

As for other classes, I'm working on it. However, I wish my trooper could romance Elara. Yep, Female trooper... because Jennifer Hale. I don't see much appeal in Jorgan yet. Mainly because he was INCREDIBLY rude to me.

I'm posting here because a cure for homosexuality would be entirely possible in a universe that is so technologically advanced as the SW universe is. Its my head canon as to why there aren't many homosexuals around. Mother nature gets many things wrong, and with technology, we can fix it. :)
Cure is for something that is dangerous if left untreated, there is nothing like that with homosexuality, start using your brain plz.

There are many homosexuals who would rather be straight.
Because of society with uneducated people who say it's a disease that needs cure

Early genetic identification and genetic alteration could cure homosexuality. While this technology doesn't exist now, I'm sure it does in the SW universe. :)
You're gonna change the baby's hair color too before birth? Make it right-handed if prenatal tests show it's left-handed? And do you really think people in SW universe with such wide variety of races, species, genders (you know Hutts are hermaphrodites right) give a crap if some humans sleep with same gender lol? :rak_grin: Edited by Pietrastor

As for other classes, I'm working on it. However, I wish my trooper could romance Elara. Yep, Female trooper... because Jennifer Hale. I don't see much appeal in Jorgan yet. Mainly because he was INCREDIBLY rude to me.

! (Yes, that is some dude-man, but whatevs. The real Commander Shepard is too busy saving the universe to feature in this video.)