Overpowered - Powertech Stream - 72-5 in RWZ's

Megatfx

Well, it was considered OP and this was about a year ago, and it was sadly nerfed, and now it is no longer viable. Yes, burst is king, shut the **** up about burst being king, no one is disputing that people. But things that are considered OP are usually and hopefully addressed at some point in time, and Pyro is deemed just that by many. It's like you people only a play a certain way (whatever is OP and FOTM) to get empowerment through a cheap means of winning, rather than the actual the play style of a class.

Well people aren't going to go AP because of it even if it got a buff. People are going to switch to the next high burst spec that will fill it's role. So... Burst is still king and all it will do is screw your class.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can one of you PYROs check this. I did this calculation in another thread about rail shot.

Roughly 1 in 2 crits if you count everything else in good pvp gear. I believe I am rounding up. Now we can get another rail shot with an upper cut if you are already spec to it.

Keep in mind you need:

To have someone on fire (not relativly hard)

15 sec cooldown

16 heat

single target

Now for the double proc rail shot:

You have a 45% from an upercutt to have a 60% chance that the next rail shot is free without a cooldown (that's a 45% for a 60%)

SO to calculate the percent of both events occurring I believe p=45%*60% = 27% for the free rail shot no cooldown

So as probability goes you can crit someone from 4k-7.5k (crit) (god i love recruit geared guys) and then hit them again after the uppercut. Chances are one of them will crit for the above numbers.If you fail its 2k-3k shots if I remember correctly.

Keep in mind I am waiting for lolsmash to change before I start playing my 50s again. I get too pissed off with 3 people on my team dropping instantly from 2 smashers with force leaps that interrupt casting.

OK TO SUM IT ALL UP

To do a double rail shot with a double crit

=50% (generous chance of crit) *50% (generous chance of crit2)*27% (of both working)

WOOHOOO 7% CHANCE on a single target..

Can anyone confirm this?

So this is right with percents? The reason I ask this is because people are calling for a pt nerf and I dont believe they are the most OP

Edited by Kegparty

So this is right with percents? The reason I ask this is because people are calling for a pt nerf and I dont believe they are the most OP

Flame Burst has a 45% chance to reset Rail Shot

Rocket Punch has a 60% chance to reset Rail Shot

your calculations are not correct

I believe the root problem isn't in the PT burst, its the overall damage in pvp.

With the range nerf PT is fine now. Before that range nerf i would have fully agreed that they were over powered. Now the biggest problem for PT is getting in range to do effective burst damage. They lack any form of boost to mobility like every single other class gets in the game. The most annoying thing that can happen to a PT is to be snared when trying to close a gap. So the best thing to do is to keep us out of the fight and then when we do get in close stunlock and kill us like everyone else in the game except easier because we cant escape after we break free.

Actually, smash works quite well when you coordinate the attack. A powertech tank stands next to one healer, pulls the other to him, stuns both, and smash follows it up. Jugg follows that smash with a snare, and the AoE bomb gets dumped on the two healers.

anyone who plays a sorc alryd knows

a vanguards plastique and high impact hit me at the same time each for 5k the other day..

Everything a pt does is instant, except full auto but thats a joke....

The rotation is something a toddler can do.. Lemme guess

explosive dart, td, flame burst, rail shot, upper cut, (rail shot again if appliable cause hey an appibility that hits for 5k should be available every other gcd)

td, im, rs, fb/rp, rs

Hybrid jugger ->

1 Saber throw

2 Force leap

3 Smash

4 Force Choke

5 Impale

6 Ravage

7 Force push

8 Chilling scream

9 Threatening scream

10 Sundering assault

11 Intercede

12 Intimidating roar

Basic rotation for me, tell me which one i can stop use to be same effective ?

Fair enough, but if you're going to include gap closers and CCs, then as a PT my rotation would be somewhere closer to (in no particular order, as it varies from class, range, etc):

1) Explosive fuel

2) Explosive dart

3) Thermal detonator

4) flame burst

5) rail shot

6) harpoon

7) electro dart

8) carbon sweep

9) rapid shots

10) vent heat

and thats only going full offense vs one opponent. still have my 2 defensive abilities that will most likely be used in the fight, along with my taunts against anyone in the surrounding area.

Yes, a bad PT can get away with just using 3 or 4 attacks. A good one will easily use at minimum 3 or 4 times that many. So no, I don't buy the "PT is too easy to use" complaint, because most classes in this game are pretty much just as easy (with the exception of merc and sniper, IMO)

hrm ok,

now name classes with medium-long range abilities that have zero activation times or channels in their rotation and can therefor remain mobile 100% of the time and also have 2 seperate abilities which can crit for 5k

yup

now add heavy armor, a pull and a snare which is passively applied

we have what, 3 attacks that are long range? and only one gap-closer, which is on a 45-second cooldown. Every class a PT goes against has two options 1) kill the PT or 2) get away. The PT has 1 option - kill their opponent. And no, for most classes it isn't difficult to escape a PT. A 30% snare isn't awful, considering we don't have anything that can root and our hard CCs are 10 and 4 meters. We are actually fairly easy to counter (note: easy to counter does not necessarily mean easy to kill in a dps race).

Edited by Kontraz

I like how u don't record your ranked games mr. 72-5

Prolly cuz u que dodge the crap out of other teams and u lost games last night.

Also, u might wanna work on your taunts, getting 8k protection in a full void star is horrible and shows how much of a tunnel visioner you are

Edited by Mayali

For people thinking that powers/vangs are not overpowered I suggest you roll a sage/sorc and duel with one of them. Either successfully kite them at 12-17m or agree into this that the sage does not stop moving and the vanguard even if he has the chance of coming closer to 10m he won't. Come back and post your results. The only reason they are overlooked is because smash and bubble stuns are much worse at the moment. When and if these are fixed, don't worry the attention will come back to powers/vangs.

so ur saying u melt jugs/maras/sins and snipers no prob and have problems vs PT`s that`s funny, different classes, different specs/mechanics, different roles!

So I figured out how to cover up my Chatbox using Xsplit and figured out how to setup Virtual Audio Cable to stream my music and in-game sounds WITHOUT streaming Mumble. Due to this change I can now stream rated matches. Guild didn't want to risk me being ghosted which is why I didn't stream any rateds yesterday or today.

Tomorrow I'll be streaming rated matches around 6-7EST.

Edited by Megatfx

Can one of you PYROs check this. I did this calculation in another thread about rail shot.

Roughly 1 in 2 crits if you count everything else in good pvp gear. I believe I am rounding up. Now we can get another rail shot with an upper cut if you are already spec to it.

Keep in mind you need:

To have someone on fire (not relativly hard)

15 sec cooldown

16 heat

single target

Now for the double proc rail shot:

You have a 60% or 45% chance that the next rail shot is free without a cooldown

SO to calculate the percent of both events occurring I believe p=45% or 60%[/u]

So as probability goes you can crit someone from 4k-7.5k (crit) (god i love recruit geared guys) and then hit them again after the uppercut. Chances are one of them will crit for the above numbers.If you fail its 2k-3k shots if I remember correctly.

Keep in mind I am waiting for lolsmash to change before I start playing my 50s again. I get too pissed off with 3 people on my team dropping instantly from 2 smashers with force leaps that interrupt casting.

OK TO SUM IT ALL UP

To do a double rail shot with a double crit

=50% (generous chance of crit) *50% (generous chance of crit2)*60% (railshot reset high percent)

WOOHOOO 15% CHANCE on a single target..

Can anyone confirm this?

Corrected

Edited by Kegparty