This Just In!: Lightning Sorcerer True FoTM

Psirebral

It's not FoTM this was, more or less, a huge joke. Right now 1/12/28 - 3/7/31 - 0/10/31 - 2/18/21 are all viable specs.

You might want to add "viable for regular" warzones. Barely anybody serious brings a Sorcerer/Sage DPS in rated, you have to formulate your entire team around that dps and even then its not worth it. Further more all those specs you listed suck for rated.

7/18/16, 2/21/18 are the best options for rated. Full madness lacks dot protection, burst, and force management and so it only performs well in regular war-zones which is the only place you see sorc dps anyway.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from our self heals, which we weren't supposed to use but I did anyway, there was no healer on either side. This was just a straight TDM with what people believe to be the FoTMs or OP abilities. All done within our guild with a few others as we needed some sorcerers. The people who played Smash play it regularly and the lightning'ers rarely ever touch the spec minus a few.

From the beginning it was meant to be done for fun because we all assumed the lightning sorc team would get crushed and instead it put up a decent fight. Good times all around.

You used your self heals you dirty rotten bastard? I'm reporting your post for hacks. And I'm telling nekron on you.

Researchers last night came to a shocking discovery. After extensive testing they have come to the conclusion that Lightning Sorcerers are the true flavor of the month, and not the dreaded smash warriors. Just take a look at the lab rats who fought for hours to prove this theory!

Shortly after this test, they decided to take it a step further and test the other FoTM spec. As you can see in the next video, with enough madness sorcerers one person can be locked into the same position for 10+ seconds. These poor smashers never saw it coming.

Part 2

With this new riveting information we can soon expect a 500% increase to smash's damage because clearly, as it stands, it does not have enough damage to keep up with this reckless killing machines we call lightning sorcerers. I believe just to be safe we should also nerf sorcerers so they are forced to heal... and maybe delete their bubble for the game. BioWare your thoughts?

In other news PTs and Assassins still suck.

PS: Lots of Benny Hill and Cotton Eye Joe music in videos, you may want to mute the sound for the sake of your sanity.

That's why I made a PvP toon named Tiny-bubbles. I would have made a character named Don-ho or Dawn-ho but people wouldn't have gotten the joke and would have flagged that name.

Holy crap! The bandwagon has changed!

I will immediately roll a Lightning Sorcerer (or the Sage equivalent) and name it something adorable, like Fluffmuffin. This adorably-named alt shall be deleted as soon as some other FoTM appears, because it wouldn't be FoTM if it didn't eventually go bad!

:rak_03:

7/18/16, 2/21/18 are the best options for rated. Full madness lacks dot protection, burst, and force management and so it only performs well in regular war-zones which is the only place you see sorc dps anyway.

When you say that. What exactly do you put into what talents? I am, as I said, 1/12/28. I don't do rated. However I see Sorcs pulling 800k dmg with the spec I listed. Is there a secret?

Researchers last night came to a shocking discovery. After extensive testing they have come to the conclusion that Lightning Sorcerers are the true flavor of the month, and not the dreaded smash warriors. Just take a look at the lab rats who fought for hours to prove this theory!

Shortly after this test, they decided to take it a step further and test the other FoTM spec. As you can see in the next video, with enough madness sorcerers one person can be locked into the same position for 10+ seconds. These poor smashers never saw it coming.

Part 2

With this new riveting information we can soon expect a 500% increase to smash's damage because clearly, as it stands, it does not have enough damage to keep up with this reckless killing machines we call lightning sorcerers. I believe just to be safe we should also nerf sorcerers so they are forced to heal... and maybe delete their bubble for the game. BioWare your thoughts?

In other news PTs and Assassins still suck.

PS: Lots of Benny Hill and Cotton Eye Joe music in videos, you may want to mute the sound for the sake of your sanity.

Watched the first video and the team is under geared, unaugmented and unskilled not one person used a interrupt in the first video. Force storm does not hit for 800 a tick unless they are not geared and you still weren't doing any damage with it even with 3 people dropping it. The only person that was geared was the jug with the white saber, watch the video closely he fought you twice I think both times sent u to the cloner the first was the 6.8k smash he dropped on you. If you watch him closely he was destroying the other sorcs but his group was clearly bad

Edited by warstory

Watched the first video and the team is under geared, unaugmented and unskilled not one person used a interrupt in the first video. Force storm does not hit for 800 a tick unless they are not geared and you still weren't doing any damage with it even with 3 people dropping it. The only person that was geared was the jug with the white saber, watch the video closely he fought you twice I think both times sent u to the cloner the first was the 6.8k smash he dropped on you. If you watch him closely he was destroying the other sorcs but his group was clearly bad

Ummm. I don't think the videos were meant to be taken seriously. But if your reply was really bait to see if someone would bite, congrats lol.

Edited by DarkSaberMaster

The smashers really weren't that terrible. I understand wanting to think that so your world view doesn't have to change though. Humans to like to resist having any evidence that doesn't fit with their world view. There were plenty of interrupts, I heard plenty of the sorcs jokingly cry no interrupts on mumble because they got interrupted so much. It should aslo be noted that psibre (the person who's pov this was from) doesn't cast spells while people are on him unless he bubble stuns them first so you had to look at the other sorcs if you wanted to judge interrupt use. As for gear I believe the teams were about equal that shouldn't come as a shocker considering alts were used to make both teams. Congrats on correctly identifying the best smasher in Vullesh, though Nekron is of a similar calibur and Muk'luk and Morgoth are perfectly competitive. The number of sorcs that would be considered competitive was similar so what is your argument exactly? Similar skill, similar gear. All you could really argue is that there wasn't any serious coordination, and there wasn't, but again it wasn't present on either side. Wizards win.