Telekinetics Sage OP

Lojdkvist

Hello.

I've been playing this game since launch, as a powertech, and no one has been playing telekinetics sage until now, and they are far too overpowered. In every single warzone there are telekinetics sages doing 5k crits all the time with their stupid and overpowered AoE followed by 4-5k single target internal burst, I have no chance as a powertech, and neither do any of the other classes in the game. Balance is pretty strong but not overpowered, it was fine when everyone was playing that, but now that almost everyone is playing telekinetics I dont even feel like playing anymore. Almost everyone on my server played smashers before, but now that everyone realised how good telekinetics sage is, there's like 50% tele sages and 50% smashers, I mean why not play a ranged smasher? ( Telekinetics sage )

This coupled with the fact that sage's have, by far, the best survivability in the game makes joining a warzone a futile endevour. For all my cooldowns and abilities they always seem to be equipped with at least one more to totally counter any and all resistance. When I see a telekinetic sage, especially some of the good ones, I honestly just turn the **** around and hide. For a while I enjoyed the challenge of beating such an insanely overpowered class (read: spec) and took pride in my victories, but now, hundreds of deaths later it's getting old.

Fix this class already!

Edited by Lojdkvist

Hello.

I've been playing this game since launch, as a powertech, and no one has been playing telekinetics sage until now, and they are far too overpowered. In every single warzone there are telekinetics sages doing 5k crits all the time with their stupid and overpowered AoE followed by 4-5k single target internal burst, I have no chance as a powertech, and neither do any of the other classes in the game. Balance is pretty strong but not overpowered, it was fine when everyone was playing that, but now that almost everyone is playing telekinetics I dont even feel like playing anymore. Almost everyone on my server played smashers before, but now that everyone realised how good telekinetics sage is, there's like 50% tele sages and 50% smashers, I mean why not play a ranged smasher? ( Telekinetics sage )

This coupled with the fact that sage's have, by far, the best survivability in the game makes joining a warzone a futile endevour. For all my cooldowns and abilities they always seem to be equipped with at least one more to totally counter any and all resistance. When I see a telekinetic sage, especially some of the good ones, I honestly just turn the **** around and hide. For a while I enjoyed the challenge of beating such an insanely overpowered class (read: spec) and took pride in my victories, but now, hundreds of deaths later it's getting old.

Fix this class already!

Not bad. The use of relatively obvious yet not overdone sarcasm. Could use some more anecdotal evidence. I'll give it a 7/10.

Had to try it so this is the game I played just now as full lightning. I didnt even know how to play it since I'm usually playing hybrid heals/dps in PvP and madness in PvE. Not a huge number but more than the rest atleast. Also, my gear isnt optimized for it, with a fairly low crit and horrible alacrity.

Just noticed it was only with 1022 expertise. Had to replace some expertise pieces to get my alacrity over 7 %.

Edited by Washingtoon

Had to try it so this is the game I played just now as full lightning. I didnt even know how to play it since I'm usually playing hybrid heals/dps in PvP and madness in PvE. Not a huge number but more than the rest atleast. Also, my gear isnt optimized for it, with a fairly low crit and horrible alacrity.

Just noticed it was only with 1022 expertise. Had to replace some expertise pieces to get my alacrity over 7 %.

When i see lightning sorc/tk sage in wz i ROFL. No, i mean, it's not as terrible, but there are much better setups for sages. Plus lightning is helpless without group support, much more helpless then madness or utility hybrid.

I loved initial post though. Until i've read the following comments i felt it was sarcasm :D

Hello.

Fix this class already!

I will give you 1/10

I agree with the OP. Full TK is way too imba. That's why I play with only 17 points in telekinetics and 22 in seer.

It's so boring to play a spec that's totally OP with those ranged smashes... :p

17 points in TK is ok though... You don't get the ranged smashes. So there's no need to nerf anything there. Nerf everything above that in the TK tree. And operatives. Shouldn't forget the operatives.... :rolleyes:

Actually TK Sages are fine in single target DPS with nice burst chances but you have to build them properly and you have to do what smashers do and remove crit. Your Turbulence auto crits and you can use Force Potency for other skills.

There are some major differences between sweap and TWave - first of all is the fact that you can't gurantee a crit with TW second is that even if you crit its calculated per target and not for the whole skill as it is done for sweap. Third is the DMG Type kinetic dmg is meh. Force Potency is on a 90 sec cooldown so if you want to "gurantee" a crit you have to wait for that most of the time you are also hoping that you hit only 1 target with TW not to waste your second Force Potency stack.

And last is that disturbance is the worst skill you have and spaming it gimps you in WZs

If you wish to play a TK sage there are some builds that work great and allow you to have nice single target dps (if you dont bother with Disturbance) + chance to proc TK with Force quake if you wish to hit more than 2-3 targets. But they are defo not OP compared to other classes.

I've been experimenting with a TK build and i can hit over 4k on most targets with my Turbulance i get the 5k hit medal like half of the WZs ( maxed out power WH set atm, still working on the EWH set so i guess i can get it up a few hundred dmg more)

The burst potential is great specially when you have force potency and mental alacrity cooled:

You cast weakened mind ( the more ppl u cast it on the better cause you need the proc from it)

then pop mental alacrity: 1.4 sec Turbulence auto crit for 4-5k

use force potency 2.1 sec TWave crit for 4-5k

Usually you have Physic Projection proced by now so you can do a 1,1 sec Tele Throw (its great if your 2nd force potency is still up and was not consumed by TW) that hits 4 times for like 1,2-1,5k (if the force potency was available)

your mental alacrity should still be up so you can do a 1.4 sec mind crush

and you can finish it up with a project( Upheavel is great also) 1,5k without procs and crit ( up to 4+k if it both procs (50%) and crits ( like 20% in your full power gear and its calculated separetly for each of the 2 hits so it pretty much never happens))

At this point your Turbulance is cooled and you can start spamming again :p.

The Problem is that you only get that burst every 2 min and a lot of ppl know how to LoS, if you fail casting even one of your skills you have pretty much wasted your Mental alacrity. Plus ppl can stun/knock you to interrupt you.

Positioning is a lot more important you need to be away from stuns/knocks and at the same time try to not get LoSed its not that easy to do it as it may sound cause most of the WZs have a lot of columns/rocks/turrets or other random crap all over the place that ppl can use to LoS you. Plus your exploading bubbles make enemy team target you a lot since they think you are a bubble speced healer, when you start hitting em for 5k they get even angrier lol.

So yeah TK Sages can be decent dps but they are in no way OP atm.

• 3 months later...
I get hit by a single ability for 8-9k pretty routinely with max expertise which, while most smashers I've seen never seem to mention, can be followed up by other hard hitting single target abilities. That 8-9k is an aoe as well but hits harder than our capstone ability; perspective, it hits harder AFTER mitigation as an AOE than our SINGLE target capstone ability which is internal and therefore subject to very little mitigation. Yeah, two abilities hitting for 5k a piece is nothing.

Who could have known when this thread was created, as a troll attempt, that a few months later it would actually be spot on. The force is strong with this one.

Damn necro hunter...

And lol? Spot on?

Who could have known when this thread was created, as a troll attempt, that a few months later it would actually be spot on. The force is strong with this one.

they hurt like hell, but they're turrets, and the audio/video of their big attack is obvious. what drives me crazy is when I'm getting hit really hard and there's no audio/video fx. like...I look at where I'm standing and see what melee are on me. and I know what ranged is doing what to me based on the audio (and some video). but there are other times when I'm just dead, almost magically. and I'll be looking around and only have the one melee on me, so I have to have been eating something from ranged.

this is on my healer, btw. so I guess someone will say it's doubly ironic that I don't watch my own health, but that's kinda what I'm saying: I don't worry about my health until I get the a/v cues, and sometimes there just isn't one. I think it's more of a glitch, though. cuz even dots are audible.

TK Sages are really strong right now... the jury is still out for me if they're OP, but they definitely hurt like hell, and I'm a tank. Then again, what doesn't hurt like hell these days. Edited by DimeStax