Give us Jango Fett's armor?

DangerousViper

Okay, so you can get Darth Nihilus' mask, Darth Revan's mask, Han Solo's outfit (kinda :p) and Grand Moff Tarkin's outfit (kinda xD ). But those outfits are like only for Sith Inquisitors, Sith Warriors, Smugglers and Agents. Now, I know there's many people (Bounty Hunters) who wants armor that looks more like Jango Fett's armor with the T-visor helmet. There is some armor that has the T-visor, but since they made Han Solo's outfit (in the latest patch) I think you should be able to get Jango's armor, with the jetpack, T-visor helmet and so on from like a Cartel Pack or something... Is this only me who think this sounds good? :)

No way. Fett's armor is good etc. But don't mix stuff from different era. Your example with Solo's outfit is bad, because it's not 100% accurate (yes overall design is similar but not replica). <- BH should not get Fett's armor, you already have look-a-like armor. And yes we can get armor of Revan,Nihilus because they were before Swtor in terms of timeline not after. By your logic Troopers should have Clone Army outits, Sith Warriors should have Vader outfit and THIS will ruin Old Republic style. On the other hand they can give BH mandalorian armor for example. Edited by Skribe

I'd just assume that if they implemented them they wouldn't be exact copies anyway. Fett's would be some beat up Mandalorian stuff, but stil have a Fett feel to it. It is just Mando armour after all. Lando's would just be something a bit more 'upmarket' and stylised. Still have armour ratings etc. but look more civilian, and I'm not sure what the problem would be with large cloaks for Jedi/Sith. They don't have to be exact copies but a nod would be nice, like has already been done.

Why do people not get that this game does not take place during the era of the movies and thus a lot of the armor and cloths in the movies would more then likely never even have been thought of use in this era...

Fett's Armour is just beat up old Mandalorian armour though. There's plenty of Mandos in this era. My Bounty Hunter has just impressed a few on Tatooine.

Wouldnt Jango Fetts armor be coming many years after this time period? I see armor that looks like a predecessor to his suit but nothing exact. I dont think things from the Episode I-VI line should be drug into this period. I think it would look off.

Fett's Armour is just beat up old Mandalorian armour though. There's plenty of Mandos in this era. My Bounty Hunter has just impressed a few on Tatooine.

But now you should reconsider. Do you want replica like topic starter or something look-a-like? If frist then no. If second then you already have planty of armor that look-a-like Fett armor (in your example Mandolorian armor).

Edited by Skribe

You are assuming that either of the Fett outfits were current and new. lore hints that both armors were made from historical pieces. Legendary parts and such.

There might not be a difference between you wearing Revan's armor and a Fett wearing theirs, as we don't know if someone owned the armor before they did?

I think that just having a decent looking Mandalorian armour set would scratch the itch. There's very little difference between Mando armour throughout the different eras anyway. There might be a few tweaks, but whose to say that's not down to individual artists impressions. The armour they wear in the Knights of the Old Republic comic series is a little different to the armour they wear in this game, but it's still set in the same era.

You are assuming that either of the Fett outfits were current and new. lore hints that both armors were made from historical pieces. Legendary parts and such.

There might not be a difference between you wearing Revan's armor and a Fett wearing theirs, as we don't know if someone owned the armor before they did?

Its a good point but like a few others have mentioned, there are some similar looking armors. just no exact duplicates.

Having had a quick look at some of the pictures of avaliable armour, I think they pretty much suffice. There's some decent looking pieces and if you mix and match then you could get something fairly close to Fett.

I'd still like some classier clothes for my Smuggler ala Lando, instead of the Han-esque scruffy nerfherder look or the Western vibe. Anyone know of anything like that already in game?

People I know Nihilus and Revan belongs to this era (I have played KOTOR 2...). And I did say it looks kinda like Han Solo's outfit, not that it actully do look like it to 100%. What I mean is, they could make a Mando armor that looks like Fett's armor, just a look-a-like. Edited by DangerousViper

Designs change over thousands of years. You don't see star destroyers, but you see ships with similar designs. Same concept here. The part of me that loves the movies kinda wishes for stuff like this (vader mask :cool:) but the part of me that cares about lore desperately wants them not to do this. So I'm kinda torn.

except mandalorian armor in this era is differnt. as evidanced by the fact that the Mandalorians ARE WEARING SOMETHING DIFFERNT

Honestly, no one cares. There enough plot holes and inconsistencies in this supposed era that it no longer matters. I don't need Fett's exact armor, but something in the vein of SWG's Deathwatch armor would be wildly popular for the CC market.

if you want Mando armour you'd be more likely to get the armour the TOR era Mandalorian's wear, AOTC?ESB style Manod armour hasnt been designed yet. so it would make more sense to want a TOR era set, this is would actually pay money for..:)

Why do people not get that this game does not take place during the era of the movies and thus a lot of the armor and cloths in the movies would more then likely never even have been thought of use in this era...

Why do people not get that this game is a Star Wars game and that Star Wars fans who play it may just want to look like Star Wars characters from the Star Wars fims???

Everything else is the same - are you suggesting that the only technology to leap forward in the years between the game and the film was tailoring?

Edited by UltimateKrucible

except mandalorian armor in this era is differnt. as evidanced by the fact that the Mandalorians ARE WEARING SOMETHING DIFFERNT

The helmets have that 'T' shape on the face, there is one main large chestplate and plates covering the thighs and forearms. Stylistically they are very similar throughout the ages. The main difference is colour scheme and helmet shape. In KotoR and in the comics, Mandos wore armour that was mainly just the one colour, that I believe was dependant on rank. In SWTOR, the colour schemes have been disregarded, making this games armour more in line with Mandalorian armour from the later eras.

Closest thing you can get to Fett's armour is the level 40 PVP armour. I use it myself on my Merc. If you want the Mandolorian from this era it's already in game. Either buy it off the vendor or take armormech and craft it yourself. This game takes place generations before the movies so we shouldn't be seeing Fett or Vader armour.

We do people not get that this game is a Star Wars game and that Star Wars fans who play it may just want to look like Star Wars characters from the Star Wars fims???

Everything else is the same - are you suggesting that the only technology to leap forward in the years between the game and the film was tailoring?

I'm a SW fan and I rather not look like star wars characters from the films. I rather look more like my character and I dislike the slight copies of scenes from the movies thats in this game.

Revan's Mask is a Mandolorian mask. It's the mask of a dead warrior who impressed Revan as she (yes she) sacrificed her life in an attempt to stop the Genocide of the Cathar people. I'm actually intrigued as how Revan went from being SUPER anti-genocide to pro-genocide. It seems like he jumps of the slipper slope whenever the galaxy is at stack:cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.