Togruta and Voss as playable species

dakajojo

I am sure this has been posted before and will be posted again, but BW please add the following as playable species:

*Voss

*Togruta

You have multiple skins already in the game and a huge majority of your player base would be happy with these additions.

Thank you. :)

I see Togruta as an option, as well as Sarkhai.. but not Voss.

They love to give human eyes to every playable race.

EDIT: Not completely true. Chiss is a playable race, and they do not have human eyes. I don't believe the Voss eyes would be that difficult since they are already in game on NPCs. :)

Edited by dakajojo

• 6 months later...
I'm sure this suggestion has been made before, but I think if there were a mechanic by which you could unlock the Voss as a playable species once you have reached a certain threshold of reputation with them would help to solve the problem playing as a Voss could create with the lore.

I'd love to have a Voss Jedi, but it wouldn't work. The Republic story on Voss makes it pretty clear that up until that point the Voss are a mystery and the Jedi want nothing to do with them for this reason. Your Voss character would stick out like a sore thumb. BioWare would have to rewrite this part of the story to have it make any kind of sense. Considering that the singleplayer story seems to be something that BioWare has absolutely no interest in ever revisiting, the Voss likely have no chance of ever being playable.

I'm guessing that folks want to play the Voss for their looks, but not their background. In that case, maybe inventing an alien race which has some of their looks would be easier to integrate without having to deal with their peculiar culture.

Togruta I believe is, by far, the most requested species, and has been since day one.

So of course they gave us Cathar instead, that makes sense...

Anyway, I'm definitely for making Togruta playable, though I hate the Voss so I could do without them.

From what i can remember bioware has atleast acknowledged that Togruta is a highly desired species, though no news as to whether we are going to get it.

As a sith ? Yeah why not but what about the masks ? their Montrals and tentacles won't fit... well...

I GOT THE SOLUTION ! :

Love the solution :p

If I had a Togruta, I probably wouldn't wear a mask anyway, but you raise a good point.

• 1 year later...
EDIT: Not completely true. Chiss is a playable race, and they do not have human eyes. I don't believe the Voss eyes would be that difficult since they are already in game on NPCs. :)

Nah, eyes aren't even a consideration for why or why not when deliberating race choices. It's almost entirely based on ease of transition for gear scaling, which is why it's a humanoid only game so far. I imagine popularity is up there, but we got Cathar rather than Togruta or Nautolan, so I imagine they just wanted to appease fans with a new race / eek more money out of their game rather than go to the trouble of making another worm headed type. They had quite a few problems with the Twi'lek appendages at the start.

I personally miss having the Twi'lek tentacles come out the back of a hood. Honestly, give Twi'leks a hood wearing option already :p There's dozens of these little quality of life / aesthetics / bugs that have been hanging around the game since beta! Have their Lekku poke out the front or the back or disappear entirely, it doesn't matter. Sith and Jedi without hoods are a poor compromise when they looked better with hoods and Lekku sticking out the back :p

Togruta are a beautiful race why hide there Lekku and Montars? If anything I see a Togruta Inquisitor{What I want to be} wearing something tribal looking and Shamanistic. Like....Stylish Dancers top, Eqxuisite Dress bottom, No gloves and No shoes{Do to their nature love.} And it looks rather Shamanistic and tribal as well as beautiful. Now if you're a roleplayer you have two choices which I preferr though not needed: If your character is saber based Try Ataru, Soresu, and makashi. Force based I suggest more of a healer, Seer, or oracle type person considering there natural skills in helping there team or others {If they are Shili born and raised.}

Togruta are a beautiful race why hide there Lekku and Montars? If anything I see a Togruta Inquisitor{What I want to be} wearing something tribal looking and Shamanistic. Like....Stylish Dancers top, Eqxuisite Dress bottom, No gloves and No shoes{Do to their nature love.} And it looks rather Shamanistic and tribal as well as beautiful. Now if you're a roleplayer you have two choices which I preferr though not needed: If your character is saber based Try Ataru, Soresu, and makashi. Force based I suggest more of a healer, Seer, or oracle type person considering there natural skills in helping there team or others {If they are Shili born and raised.}

Ah that would be you, however what about those Players that would play a Togruta Trooper or Togruta Bounty Hunter, or those that will wear Adaptive Armor that have the packs on the Back? What about the Sith Inquisitor Armor that has the huge thing that sticks up behind the Character's head like a partial cone? The make up of the entire Togruta Head would clip or cause problems with those attires.

• 4 weeks later...
There has been much discussion in the community regarding additional playable races. There are a number of popular choices including Togruta, Rodian, and Voss with Togruta appearing to command the highest amount of discussion. I realize the developer's responded awhile back about clipping issues which indicates they "have" looked at it. While you can outfit Togruta crew with gear now, I got the impression that cut scenes were a bit of an issue. Is there any chance we can get an update from the Developers on the status of Togruta being included as a playable race. I'd buy it today, if it was available, clipping or no-clipping in cut-scenes. The recent Stronghold (really outstanding release) update and the upcoming Shadow of Revan (already pre-ordered) make me feel like a kid at Christmas. This is the ONE thing I am dieing to have added to the game. Any chance of a triple play? :D