Why did we change the way the Character Selection screen sorts?

Blackavaar

What was the matter with last played and then alphabetical?

I specifically named my characters so that they lined up the way I wanted with the sorting you had previously.

Now it just sorts by last played and pushes the last prior down.

This means that to organize the way it previously was I have to log in to each character in reverse alphabetical order to get my characters organized the way I am used to.

What the hell?

If you're going to change the sorting at least give us options. Just changing it like this screws it up for anyone who had it organized by the previous method.

I know I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive, but we all are to some extent. Game devs should know that because many of them are the same way.

Put it back the way it was or give us sorting options, please.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is hilarious!

Now, I fully understand and support that you have your own preferences. It is just that this thread totally proves that, no matter what, they will always make someone unhappy with any change they make.

I like the new way. :)

The old system didn't make sense. If you have more than 1 page worth of characters like me but only play maybe 2 or 3 and one of those 2 or 3 starts at the end of the alphabet, you are going to have to go the second page quite often to get to that character even though is a character you play lot, while many of the ones you don't get stuck at the top of the list. The OP might not mind it, but I for one hated having to go to the second page to get to a character that I play maybe almost on a daily basis. Edited by Velenias

Now, I fully understand and support that you have your own preferences. It is just that this thread totally proves that, no matter what, they will always make someone unhappy with any change they make.

Or they could do it like City of Heroes did where you can sort the characters any way you want.

Or they could do it like City of Heroes did where you can sort the characters any way you want.

^ Yeah.

You guys may find this funny but humankind has a natural need to organize. I'm sure you all have something somewhere that you have organized in your own way. Maybe its a messy organization, but you know your system. Now imagine someone else came in and reorganized it their way. Would you not get annoyed? Of course, you would, and rightly so. Same deal here.

^ Yeah.

You guys may find this funny but humankind has a natural need to organize.

Maybe you're pregnant?! When my wife was, she'd sort the closets from white-ROYGBIV-black...looked like a giant bag of skittles.

^ Yeah.

You guys may find this funny but humankind has a natural need to organize. I'm sure you all have something somewhere that you have organized in your own way. Maybe its a messy organization, but you know your system. Now imagine someone else came in and reorganized it their way. Would you not get annoyed? Of course, you would, and rightly so. Same deal here.

Sure. I organized my WoW characters by level. Highest level on top. I remember when they added that ability a year or two ago. Yet one more feature that took Blizzard years to implement, but people now expect that all MMOs have on release.

OP if your gonna make a post like this, expect to get some **** about it. I for one like this change as I leave toons alone for weeks at a time and its annoying having to click over a page every time i want to play my main.

Sure. I organized my WoW characters by level. Highest level on top. I remember when they added that ability a year or two ago. Yet one more feature that took Blizzard years to implement, but people now expect that all MMOs have on release.

This is a stupid response. Yes I expect that when a new game in the same genre is released it will have settings used in older games that have proven to be customer friendly.

Why do people work so hard to defend corporations?

OP if your gonna make a post like this, expect to get some **** about it. I for one like this change as I leave toons alone for weeks at a time and its annoying having to click over a page every time i want to play my main.

So customers should expect to get **** for complaining about something they don't like about a product? How does that make sense?

I specifically named my characters so that they lined up the way I wanted with the sorting you had previously.

This means that to organize the way it previously was I have to log in to each character in reverse alphabetical order to get my characters organized the way I am used to.

What the hell?

If you're going to change the sorting at least give us options. Just changing it like this screws it up for anyone who had it organized by the previous method.

I know I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive, but we all are to some extent. Game devs should know that because many of them are the same way.

You have some crazy OCD if you named your characters do they sort a certain way.

But I do support options.

So customers should expect to get **** for complaining about something they don't like about a product? How does that make sense?

internet law bro - people complain and get flamed for it

its not just swtor, look at general forums for any game

so feel free to post your incredibly stupid complaints about such petty matters, but prepare to catch a little flame for it

sounds fair

What the hell?

Really? lol. Another thing BW wasted time on.

They should just get with the program and allow us to sort it how we want it.

Personally, I looked at my selection screen the other day and thought it would be nice if there was two lists, one on the left and one on the right. One Sith. One Pub. That would be how I would like to see it.

I like the change as I seem to have a lot of alts starting with A, but arranging it to my liking would be preferable.

And third, if they are going to make a change like this they should do it right and give us some kind of control, sort options, drag and drop adjust-ability., something.

Secondly, I was fine with the way it was. I figured out how it worked and used it to organize my characters the way I wanted.

First off, I don't play WoW. I absolutely hate WoW. I don't want anyone to copy anything about WoW.

See what I did there? :rolleyes:

Nobody asked for this change. None of the Character Select screen threads that asked for any kind of change asked for this. Last played pushes down the last played prior to that pushes down the last played prior to that? What kind of list sorts like that anywhere? That's just stupid.

The old system didn't make sense. If you have more than 1 page worth of characters like me but only play maybe 2 or 3 and one of those 2 or 3 starts at the end of the alphabet, you are going to have to go the second page quite often to get to that character even though is a character you play lot, while many of the ones you don't get stuck at the top of the list. The OP might not mind it, but I for one hated having to go to the second page to get to a character that I play maybe almost on a daily basis.

^This^

^This^

No, not that.

If you have a bunch of characters that you don't play at all filling up your list why do you even have them?

I have 2 pages of characters also, but I actually use all of mine, if for nothing else than to gather mats for crafting. When you organize everything so that you know where all of these characters are it makes it easy to go through your list and log in to each one to collect, mail and resend companions on crew skill missions. When it's all grabtastic like it is now it makes it a pain in the butt.

So, you guys who saved a bunch of names but only play a few characters might be fine with this. Those of us who actually use the extra characters that are filling up those slots might not. Okay?

Really, if they were going to make a change at all they should give us options. Making a change that upsets one group to please another is not a good way to do business.

No, not that.

If you have a bunch of characters that you don't play at all filling up your list why do you even have them?

I have 2 pages of characters also, but I actually use all of mine, if for nothing else than to gather mats for crafting. When you organize everything so that you know where all of these characters are it makes it easy to go through your list and log in to each one to collect, mail and resend companions on crew skill missions. When it's all grabtastic like it is now it makes it a pain in the butt.

So, you guys who saved a bunch of names but only play a few characters might be fine with this. Those of us who actually use the extra characters that are filling up those slots might not. Okay?

Really, if they were going to make a change at all they should give us options. Making a change that upsets one group to please another is not a good way to do business.

Because playing the same character everyday for months on end gets a little boring so to those of us who alternate, this system make a whole lot more sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.