Auto-Decline Duels

kmilkowski

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Is there an auto decline duel hidden somewhere in "preferences" I cant seem to find it. Is very annoying ur crafting or questing and u get different people coming up and challenging u. I have better things to do. Also I am not big on PvP even just dueling I have older machine and a bit laggy not fun for me.

Fascinating that they haven't just slapped this feature on. One little checkbox in Preferences, and a simple auto-decline hook whenever a player sends a duel request your way. Should take maybe 3 hours to develop and test it.

It's like finally taking out that garbage that's been stinking for an entire week. They need to just get up, shake off the lazy, and do it.

/signed

My additional suggestions:

• The default of this option should obviously set to "Allow duels" for every character created
  • The setting should be kept per character
  • Upon first duel invitation a tutorial (using the existing tutorial window) should be presented that contains information about duels and on how the duel invitations can be turned off using the "Allow duels" setting
  • When a duel is automatically declined a short message in the chat window could be presented that you just declined a duel request from <charactername>.
  • When a duel is automatically declined subsequent duel requests by the same requesting character should not trigger the message described above to avoid chat spamming by pranksters.

Any comments on this?

Oh yes please to all of these. No one bothers to look at my chars or they would see all but one of the 14 are at no valor ranking. The only reason my original marauder has the ranking she does is because i wanted several of the centurian battlemaster pieces for their look.

Blind duel invite are just as annoying as blind group/fleet invites. C'mon people, were not all epeen waving junkies :p I don't care for pvp, and running up to me challenging me to a duel without even asking will just earn you an ignore.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

My additional suggestions:

• When a duel is automatically declined a short message in the chat window could be presented that you just declined a duel request from <charactername>.
  • When a duel is automatically declined subsequent duel requests by the same requesting character should not trigger the message described above to avoid chat spamming by pranksters.

When a character logs out, it should reset any of their lockouts that prevented their further duel requests from putting auto-decline notifications into other people's chat logs. I don't know what it is, but I like the idea that trolls might go to the trouble of logging out and back in repeatedly to get 1 more barely-noticeable console message to show up in people's chat log.

__ :cool:

Edited by anonnn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pretty sure the /ignore feature works as a way of auto declining duels.

That's good to know, since that can be used any single instance when someone obnoxiously repeats their duel request.

But for anyone who never PvP's and has no intention of having any duels, the Preference check-box to automatically decline all future duel requests is still very much needed. I think it'd still be nice if the first duel request from any specific person results in a passive comment in the chat console that tells you who was auto-declined.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

i support this idea. i am sick of people spamming me for duels after i decline like 23423542134 times!!!!

Some people are just ANNOYING and DO NOT GET THE HINT.

Block should not need to be used for this because it affects GROUPING and while i MIGHT want to group with those people later on, i just do not want to be bothered or harassed about DUELING.

• 2 months later...

Bump on auto decline duels needed.

I'm glad there's an auto decline on Guild invites, didn't know that until now. Last night I got sent over 5 invites within a half hour from some Evo... guild? Tried to ignore by individual, but they left the planet. This seems to happen a lot. The person probably just lands on a planet, searches the list of players and sends an invite to each, then run back into their spaceship flying out (rinse and repeat...lulz...).

Edited by PierceHolden

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...