How many times did you complete the HK-51 Storyline?

AshlaBoga

The story line includes the absolute worst of quest mechanics - standing around waiting for a random spawn to show up in a random area and when it does but someone else finds it, hoping you can get to it before it disappears and relocates. And for good measure, you get to do it TWICE! Yay!

Yeah, I did it once. I won't do it again and certainly won't pay to put HK on any other character. What's the benefit, really?

Just twice...first because I just wanted to have him on my "main of mains" and the second time on my Guardian who does use a DPS companion.

I doubt I'll actually run through the quest again if I decide I want it for others, I'll just stump up the credits.

Four times for my own 50s plus one more for my wife while she was on doctor-ordered bed rest and couldn't sit in a chair for long periods. She then used her cartel coins to unlock him on 1 or 2 alts. I am stingy with my coins and credits, however, and utterly refuse to do it that way. :p Plus I don't usually level with DPS companions, his gear doesn't scale, droids are a pain to gear, and even on a crafting alt I can usually get a sensor for the ship droid that makes him as good or better.

The quest is really, really easy. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had to spend very long at all scanning for parts. The FPs are beyond easy and can be taken care of with the GF and the camping griefers left the outlaw's den long ago - even on the first day I simply had to switch instances to avoid them anyway.

None.

After YouTubing the lines he does provide while questing, the amount of effort needed to obtain him =/= the reward.

I'd rather stick with the companions provided throughout the various class story lines. Maybe once I hit 50 on all 8 classes (I have no love for PvP or raiding), I'll get around to obtaining him. As it stands, thanks but no thanks.

I've gotten him (not bought him, earned him) twice. Once on my Sorc and once on my Jugg. I'll grab him on my Sentinel to see how the pub version is and then I'm not getting him anymore. How about you guys/gals?

Personally....twice. I have helped many people get him, because he is so cool.

On a related note, has anyone taken him into False Emperor after getting him? 51 and 47 have an interesting spat just prior to the fight in that FP.

Edited by DarknessInLight

Twice, for two separate server Legacies, and I'm done. Just too much PvE involved for me to do it again on additional alts. I'm happy to pay the million credits for unlock.

Although the Theoretika portion of HK was awesome! I may do enough of the quest on an alt or two just to visit the Theoretika again.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I've gotten him (not bought him, earned him) twice. Once on my Sorc and once on my Jugg. I'll grab him on my Sentinel to see how the pub version is and then I'm not getting him anymore. How about you guys/gals?

None.

Never had an interest in pursuing it but I don't hold that against those that did.