Bring Back Fleet Chat >:(

DarkkChaos

Ok, I've learned to live with the CTD every 2 hours....and I love the fact that are at PEAK times - upwards of 4 instances of fleets.........

But for PETE sake - why did you lock fleet chat to the instance...instead of having it span across all instances??? If a group is forming on one instance - no one on the other instances has any idea.

I always switch instances to alleviate some lag - busy fleet = lag.

Yes, I'm aware that chat may be busy...but that's what game chats are about - chat traffic...it happens. I'd rather see a lot of chat traffic, and not miss opportunities - than see no traffic...and miss a lot of opportunities.

Didn't change it for planets - so why change it for just the fleets?!?! :p ............lame move...........

How often do you have 1000+ people on a planet?

You frequently can get that in peak times on fleet.

That's a huge difference.

Sure- and that's fine.....so the chat is a bit busier, who cares? Would you rather have NO one talking on your instance.....and miss all the ops going on the other instances?

If there are 1000 ppl on a combined fleet - so be it! Isn't that the point of a "MMO"????

Its hard to read everything as it is, adding in 3x more chatter would make it impossibrau

....it's not that hard, lol. I don't know - an instance of 250+ ppl - doesn't always mean chat is insane.

Pre patch.....all instances where on one chat - was never an issue. 3 instances - all chatting at the same time..........there was a constant flow - simple enough, I've never found this games chat moving beyond the point I couldn't read it.

Again, I expect a busy chat when I'm playing a "Massively Multiplayer Online".....nothing 'Massive" about a 250 person chat ;)

Its hard to read everything as it is, adding in 3x more chatter would make it impossibrau

This. Though I do think it would be cool to have a world wide chat. Rift did this with their level range chat, so from 10-29 you could talk all across the world to people in your level group. Perhaps something like this could be done instead of Fleet.

waiting for group finder world boss, sm denova and tfb queues, HM queues for all operations...

That's my issue...

These groups (unless guild built) are now limited to fleet instances....oh wells, just another thing they implemented to limit this game.........for some reason :rak_02:

Ok is fleet chat different to planet ones?.. as on planets I can talk with people in all instances, the only annoying part of it is grouping up.. you have to keep switching instances iof teh person who has inv you is in another planet in stance

Ya...planets chat is still across all instances - they just took away that ability on the fleets (because of more people).

Fleet General Chat = instance only

Planet General Chat = all instances available

Edited by DarkkChaos

• 2 weeks later...
How often do you have 1000+ people on a planet?

You frequently can get that in peak times on fleet.

That's a huge difference.

Almost every night on The Red Eclipse there are 4-6 full instances on every single planet, that's at least 1000 people per planet. 1 intance's general chat is bad enough, I couldn't imagine how bad all of those people on the same chat at the same time would be something anyone would want.