Am i the only one who has no problem paying for the expansion?

Anosa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why there is so much complaining about this. The money you spend is going to help the game develop further in the future. Its only 10 dollars... you spend more then that when you go out to chilis or the movies...

I honestly don't mind paying it at all.

I have also pre-ordered it. There are so many players out there who believe that everything in game should be free. The funny thing about this is that many of those same players are:

1. F2P and complain about how subscribers are given all of these perks that they believe should be available to all for free. Subscribing costs money and there's an old adage here: "You get what you paid for....." Get over it.

2. Continually bashing the Cartel program because it costs real money to get coins. The Cartel Market was designed to achieve two objectives:

A. Give subscribers a place to spend the coins they earn per month and purchase more(should they wish to) coins to get various items.

B. Give F2P'ers a place to purchase all of the items the Subs have access to so that they don't have to sub. Common sense would tell you that Subscribing would save you money in the long run, so the Cartel Market is

basically a sales tool to get players to subscribe.

This is an MMORPG. It was created to make money.

it dont look like to a expansion to me its more like a small scale dlc new a planet wud be nice if planets were big but they r not probably just rip off quesh or some other planet change some colours add some useless **** that people will finish in 2 days and then people will complain and want there money back

it dont look like to a expansion to me its more like a small scale dlc new a planet wud be nice if planets were big but they r not probably just rip off quesh or some other planet change some colours add some useless **** that people will finish in 2 days and then people will complain and want there money back

I agreed with everything except for copypasting Quesh and changing the colors. That said however, I could see them doing that. >.>

Absolutely. And quite frankly, the pure fact that they are putting out expansions at all is a comfort to me. The previous SW game stopped expansions when they had no budget or manpower to do large-scale projects anymore.

I have also pre-ordered it. There are so many players out there who believe that everything in game should be free. The funny thing about this is that many of those same players are:

1. F2P and complain about how subscribers are given all of these perks that they believe should be available to all for free. Subscribing costs money and there's an old adage here: "You get what you paid for....." Get over it.

2. Continually bashing the Cartel program because it costs real money to get coins. The Cartel Market was designed to achieve two objectives:

A. Give subscribers a place to spend the coins they earn per month and purchase more(should they wish to) coins to get various items.

B. Give F2P'ers a place to purchase all of the items the Subs have access to so that they don't have to sub. Common sense would tell you that Subscribing would save you money in the long run, so the Cartel Market is

basically a sales tool to get players to subscribe.

This is an MMORPG. It was created to make money.

Don't forget Anti-Marketers. There are people paid per post to bash the **** out of everything. The company I work for is currently pursuing two such agencies, one located in China. Prime example for our American friends on the forums here... Prada hired one of these experts who simply purchased a LV bag, then gave it to Snooki from that fake tanned gorilla show, the purchase numbers for LV fell short that year, simply because people didn't want to have the same brand as her.

Now that's just some subtle tactic that proved to be mildly successful. There are companies out there hired to drag companies through the mud, hired by their competition. A "customers" testimony goes a lot further when it's filled with attacks that seem personal, as there testimonial will resonate with people who have a similar feeling. So huge troll matches where people are driven to reply, only increases the earnings of said hired "customer".

The problem these days, is identifying who are actual clients and who is an employee from a marketing firm or center.

I dont understand why there is so much complaining about this. The money you spend is going to help the game develop further in the future. Its only 10 dollars... you spend more then that when you go out to chilis or the movies...

I honestly dont mind paying it at all.

I don't mind either. Like you said it is 10 dollars, stop being penny pinchers people if you can't afford the 10 dollars you shouldn't be paying for a online video game at all.

I would've gladly paid way more. How can someone not understand that developing games costs money?

I have business associates in the MMO business, I am well aware of that fact.

But the same thing I have said about Cryptic in the past, and I actually have Dev friends there, I will say here as it also applies: When their development consists of releasing one bug riddled addition after another, I am unwilling to then pay them additional money for what, experience has shown just on basic content updates, will likely be yet another bug riddled addition.

They need to get their Developer House in order, first.

I would have gladly payed 60$ for a proper expansion.

10$ for this "expansion" however does nothing but raise doubts about the long term direction/ambition of this game to me.

I had the same thoughts as well. However, I think it's not just a test for us (to see if they can get it together) but also a test for EA to see if this game is still worth spending resources on. That's why I pre-ordered it, beyond the fact that I think it sounds cool anyway and I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I want to show EA with my wallet that this game can be worth it for everyone involved.

I brought it . cost me £6.99 no biggy I dont care.. aslong as the game runs and my sub doesnt increase from £8.99 Im just happy to keep playing like I have since day 1 (13th Dec and both BETA's) people come, people go, people whine.. its business.. I give up arguing anymore. Again aslong as the game works to the degree it has been im happy

And id be happy to pay £30+ for whatever full expansions they may bring out in the future, tbf the only thing im not looking forward to is the download, only on this game does my internet go slow on downloading, if its more than 2gb ill be downloading for the day xD

Fair enough, I'm very much looking forward to this content patch. Will pre-order it sometime next week. Have no problems paying for it.

Even though previous content packages in this game have been free with a sub and content patches of this type are free in other MMOs?

Even though previous content packages in this game have been free with a sub and content patches of this type are free in other MMOs?

You do have a solid point, but like someone mentioned in another thread, how many of us go to GameStop and pre-order a game we barely have screenshots or information about, not to mention it's usually done because of the title or studio behind it.

While I agree to an extent about the clarity of what's included, it's still an expansion (arguably closer DLC with what we do know), it was said that they were discussing whether it would be free or purchase for subscribers. No where was it said it would be "free and we promise to you subscribers". That's just imaginary hope from some members.

Now, if you have purchased DLC for minor content updates, take that stance with this. If you really don't like how this is going, keep the discussion against the unclear practices alive. But to question gamers about paying ahead of time for something they have little to no info on, is a little odd, since a lot of us do that anyways.

Edit: We were under the impression it was a content update, not an expansion, without any verification on what it was. Not to mention, not too many MMO offer level cap raises and brand new content for free. I don't think I have played a single game that gives that away...

Edited by Eurynamous

Sure! This looks like a huge content patch. Almost like a mini-expansion... I haven't played an mmo where this amount of content was given away for free before, so I'm not bothered by that.

Nah, they have my cash.

People love to cry and moan. $10 is the least I have ever paid for an expansion. Who cares what these babies think just enjoy the game and let them cry.

what other MMO has given away level cap increases for free? That is something that seems to be always reserved for paid expansions. I honestly can't think of one. In fact twice Blizzard has charded $49.99 for an increase of 5 levels.

what other MMO has given away level cap increases for free? That is something that seems to be always reserved for paid expansions. I honestly can't think of one. In fact twice Blizzard has charded $49.99 for an increase of 5 levels.

I can name a few but people don't liked to be proven wrong.

I can name a few but people don't liked to be proven wrong.

no i really want to know. Off the top of my head the ones that haven't are

WoW

LotrO

AoC

DDO

Rift

EQ

EQ2

thats all the ones that i can think of that have increased their level cap and coincidentally have charged for it.

Already been discussed, but no one really wants to hear it. It seems to get dismissed because "real MMOs" charge for everything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.