Any detail on 1.7?

randiesel

Just curious. 1.5 and 1.6's main focuses were made very evident well before their release.

I just haven't come across anything about what 1.7 is all about. I realize its the holidays so there will be even longer between 1.6 and 1.7, just haven't come across anything on it.

I'm hoping to either see something about cross-server pvp, server transfers or general class balancing. However, tIme has stood testament to the fact that they are only pipe dreams.

Edited by randiesel

i agree, as far as "new content" goes a QOL patch would do wonders for the game. and then maybe a simple in game event to keep us busy :).

On a sidenote, I'm tired of new stuff coming out and 30 new things becoming broken. I would rather they spend the next month working on QOL for the game, because we all know, this game needs it.

Might be the Ilum re-launch/event.

Bug fixes would also be great. An entire patch of bug fixes introduced since 1.4.

Would be nice if they just spent this time before makeb to squash as many bugs as possible.

-They said a revamped Ilum isn't in the near future

-They have different teams making different stuff. They can't have artists or level designers go fix programming bugs. Does't work like that. However they COULD hire more programmers for the bug fixing team.

-They said a revamped Ilum isn't in the near future

-They have different teams making different stuff. They can't have artists or level designers go fix programming bugs. Does't work like that. However they COULD hire more programmers for the bug fixing team.

Re-vamped Ilum is slated for February or March at the latest. I'm not sure when I.7 is going live, but it could easily be in February.

You can just as well forget about Illum as it was at launch. The engine itself cannot support large numbers of players (more than 20 or something) fighting each other, so if there will be Illum, it will be something different.

As for 1.7 I expect them to add a large number of P2W items as this the direction this game is going and introduce already fixed bugs in completely new ways. After all ... that is their specialty.

You can just as well forget about Illum as it was at launch. The engine itself cannot support large numbers of players (more than 20 or something) fighting each other, so if there will be Illum, it will be something different.

As for 1.7 I expect them to add a large number of P2W items as this the direction this game is going and introduce already fixed bugs in completely new ways. After all ... that is their specialty.

If they limit players, then it isn't world pvp.

Re-vamped Ilum is slated for February or March at the latest. I'm not sure when I.7 is going live, but it could easily be in February.

Now I don't have a link, but what I heard was something along the lines of "fixing Ilum is something we really want to do" which is their line for the 10,000 things they wanna do but don't have time for.

Now I don't have a link, but what I heard was something along the lines of "fixing Ilum is something we really want to do" which is their line for the 10,000 things they wanna do but don't have time for.

It was in the last Q+A. Originally, the re-launch and event was supposed to be in January, not they are saying more like February or March. I'm not going to find the link, but it's easy to find transcript of the last Q+A.

1.3 to 1.6 was split up and originally meant to be part of 1.3 as one big update.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

Looking at the leaks, 1.7 will most likely contain the flashpoint "Titans of Industry" which was intended for 1.3 and could also contain either Varl explorable world dailies area or the operation "Scum and Villany".

Edited by Vitas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.