Slowest class

MouseNoFour

We all know what our quickest to level class was/is.

But what about the slowest class.

What is yours?

Either put the base class or the advanced class and give a reason!

Mine - Juggernaut. Created December 13th, 2011. Currently still 43. The SW story just slumped at roughly 40 and with the average damage i was dealing at the time - i ended up just plain giving up on the class. I keep coming back... doing a few missions and get bored again.

We all know what our quickest to level class was/is.

But what about the slowest class.

What is yours?

Either put the base class or the advanced class and give a reason!

Mine - Juggernaut. Created December 13th, 2011. Currently still 43. The SW story just slumped at roughly 40 and with the average damage i was dealing at the time - i ended up just plain giving up on the class. I keep coming back... doing a few missions and get bored again.

Indeed, I made the mistake of leveling a jugg after a merc, and it was a truly painful experience.

With sweeping blasters, dart and death from above, and more aoe goodness, clearing trash is such a breeze with the merc... compere that with the jugg :eek:

Indeed, I made the mistake of leveling a jugg after a merc, and it was a truly painful experience.

With sweeping blasters, dart and death from above, and more aoe goodness, clearing trash is such a breeze with the merc... compere that with the jugg :eek:

Spec Derpsmash, works as good in pve as it does in pvp. I rofl through things so far.

I think you say exactly what the problem is of the Juggernaut here. It's really slow at handling multiple ranged enemies that don't stand next to eachother.

The long cooldown and minimal range on Force charge doesn't help either, and the amount of movement speed increasing effects is lacking as well. And that's just compared to the Marauder, who has some talents to compensate or fix all that.

The other melee tank class, the Assassin, also has the option to pull an enemy into range (after having dealt with the first from stealth!), and has a few more ranged abilities than the jug to top it of, so no mobility issue there either. To ranged classes, spread out enemies are even less of a problem.

Now the simplest solution would be: drastically reduce the cooldown on charge and get rid of its minimal range. But that would be too easy, to make that the same as the Marauder. A different and more interresting option could be some kind of Vortex ability like some bosses have, pulling all normal enemies within 15 meters to the Juggernaut, while reducing the accuracy on strong or better enemies and enemy players for an X period. It won't give them more mobility, but it would sort out their biggest problem: slow fights.

I think you say exactly what the problem is of the Juggernaut here. It's really slow at handling multiple ranged enemies that don't stand next to eachother.

The long cooldown and minimal range on Force charge doesn't help either, and the amount of movement speed increasing effects is lacking as well. And that's just compared to the Marauder, who has some talents to compensate or fix all that.

The other melee tank class, the Assassin, also has the option to pull an enemy into range (after having dealt with the first from stealth!), and has a few more ranged abilities than the jug to top it of, so no mobility issue there either. To ranged classes, spread out enemies are even less of a problem.

Now the simplest solution would be: drastically reduce the cooldown on charge and get rid of its minimal range. But that would be too easy, to make that the same as the Marauder. A different and more interresting option could be some kind of Vortex ability like some bosses have, pulling all normal enemies within 15 meters to the Juggernaut, while reducing the accuracy on strong or better enemies and enemy players for an X period. It won't give them more mobility, but it would sort out their biggest problem: slow fights.

Easiest fix would just be to spec Rage and get the close range 3 rage costing charge. Charge > Smash > Sundering > Dead mob > Rage mini charge > keep going til **** is dead.

Mines my level 23 Powertech tank. Got sick of trying to tank PUG FP's with dps's that break cc's, jump into combat before me and cant aggro dump, healers that try and dps instead of heal.

Classes don't get aggro drops until level 30. Don't let n00bs turn you off the class, just respec Pyro and melt face.

My slowest to level toon was Scoundrel because I took a 6 month break on him. I found my Guardian my fastest toon to level. Pretty much 0 downtime between pulls and no deaths. PT was super quick until about 35 but has since stagnated.

Ignoring downtime, my Sage was the slowest to level by a long margin. Didn't help that it was my first toon and I was trying to heal until about level 20 when I respecced Balance and didn't get any really useful AoE until Force Quake on Balmorra. Consular story missions are also so packed with trash its not funny.... Took me almost 90 minutes (even with stealth) to do the Chapter 1-2 interlude quests compared to ~30 for most other classes.

Merc/Sorc's the quickest for me, slowest id say JK Guardian/Powetech (levelled the PT in the dps specs till 40 just to help push it up)

Now both my Guardian and Jugg I played in the PvE dps spec and still do (a rarety nowadays) and with my Jugg i shot though the class and planet stuff with ease.. no ligering time or delays

Also, anything IA/Sniper wise was VEEERRRY slow for me

mh. funny. my juggernaut and my scoundrel were actually the quickest to level. I thought leveling my juggernaut with jeasa in tow was a breeze, really. (only switched to quinn for boss fights)

same on my scoundrel... as soon as I got akaavi she was always thrashing everything and I kept her up if needed. usually it wasn't. (only switched to corso for boss fights)

shadow was a bit 'slower' but that was mostly because of my play-style and spending hours figuring out how to solo heroics. on the other two I haven't even tried that and just leveled because I wanted to finish the story. with the consular story I didn't mind taking it a little more slowly. felt 'right'.

haven't played any other classes to 50 yet, but I think leveling a vanguard as tank is a bit too slow for my liking and i'll probably switch to dps soon...

a minor annoyance I had with my guardian before I had doc. killing stuff with t7 just takes forever and for some reason kira always decided to die on me... :rolleyes:

Edited by amnie

The juggernaut was my first class I ran when swtor first came out and leveled him to 50 in about 3 or 4 days. The only class that I level a bit and leave for awhile is the assault cannon trooper because no matter what I do they just don't have enough damage and it gets boring. Assassins at time can get to where they are also boring whereas sorc's are easy to kill stuff, throw a shield on khem, make em charge and focus fire elites. Felt like I was leveling another hunter lol. I thought a sentinal or marauder would be harder, but they are proving to be fun. Smuggler by far was the fastest and most fun.

Classes don't get aggro drops until level 30. Don't let n00bs turn you off the class, just respec Pyro and melt face.

My slowest to level toon was Scoundrel because I took a 6 month break on him. I found my Guardian my fastest toon to level. Pretty much 0 downtime between pulls and no deaths. PT was super quick until about 35 but has since stagnated.

Ignoring downtime, my Sage was the slowest to level by a long margin. Didn't help that it was my first toon and I was trying to heal until about level 20 when I respecced Balance and didn't get any really useful AoE until Force Quake on Balmorra. Consular story missions are also so packed with trash its not funny.... Took me almost 90 minutes (even with stealth) to do the Chapter 1-2 interlude quests compared to ~30 for most other classes.

Erm, a Sage with stealth???

I love the different styles of combat and animations so much, I don't mind that some classes are slower than others. I leveled a Vangaurd to 50 first, and he'd just murder everything. And with a tank hybrid build, I was virtually unkillable as well. Next came my Scoundrel. While he was a little slower to kill things, being able to stealth through trash after finishing a "kill X number" side mission was nice and made things go pretty fast. Then came the Sorcerer. THings went a little slow with him until I got Lightning storm. Lightning storm plus chain lightning plus death field = three moves to wipe out virtually any trash quickly.

Right now, I'm level 40 with my Guardian and I'm honestly loving it. Yes he doesn't have many AOEs, but it feels like I kill most things pretty fast anyway. Plus, throwing my lightsaber and then leaping in is the coolest opener in the game, IMO.

Other than that, I also have (all in their 20-30s) a Sniper, Mercenary, Commando, Juggernaut, Marauder, Sentinel, Sage and Shadow. My plan is to play my Merc next, then the Mara, then the Shadow and finally the Sniper. That will be the end of the class story lines and then it'll just be leveling up the others for the fun of it.

Slowest class would be ANYTHING that doesnt have stealth.

oh ya skipping exp giving mobs makes leveling up real fast doesnt it? done that in two other mmos only to run out of quests 2 levels short of max. i take it you must pvp.

back to topic.

my sentinel was terrible. little aoe combined with the screen flipping around made it for me the most painful class to level. i got my legacy buff, all of his companions max affection and now he sits at fleet crafting and looking for stuff on the gtn.

my other four 50s and three other low level alts were/ are ok leveling up. if you pure spec into a healer or tank those can be painful. hybrid specs work the best for these.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.