personal speeders training cost

Emperor_Troll

Okay.

Now explain why your character is so stupid you have to be level 25 and pay for training for a speeder, but you can fly a million credit starship with no training at all at level 13+.

Have you seen how you fly that million credit starship. Straight. You can't turn or go backwards so I would hardly call that training. I would call that about right for someone with no training ;)

Those barrel rolls? those aren't maneuvers or evasive actions, those are CRAP spilled my tatooine juice all over the droid again!!

(I actually have no trouble with the space travel; but it does fit the question)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i got this way super cool FREE starship that i apparently know how to pilot (for FREE) and go into space combat with, but i have to pay 40k credits just to learn to ride a personal speeder?

i understand game money sinks and can accept the cost of personal speeders themselves, but this is just silly.

judging by posts made on the cost of training abilities, respecs and gear repair at high levels as well, there should be a complete reevaluation of money sinks and mandatory expenditures so they fall on the more reasonable side.

You apparently don't follow your classes story.

Its not that bad.

@25 - 40k + 8k vehicle

@40 - 210k + 25k vehicle

@50 - 330k + 55k vehicle

I had zero trouble buying all 3 at the appropriate time, as well as all my skills at every level. Money is so easy to make in this game it isn't even funny.

Edited by jgoldsack

so i got this way super cool FREE starship that i apparently know how to pilot (for FREE) and go into space combat with, but i have to pay 40k credits just to learn to ride a personal speeder?

i understand game money sinks and can accept the cost of personal speeders themselves, but this is just silly.

judging by posts made on the cost of training abilities, respecs and gear repair at high levels as well, there should be a complete reevaluation of money sinks and mandatory expenditures so they fall on the more reasonable side.

I'm level 46 with 700,000c +, 400 Synthweaving(Completely Trained), 350 Archaeology and 400 slicing. I'm not behind on any skill training and I am a Jedi Consular Sage-Seer(Healer). I have speeder training 2 and 2 25,000c speeders. I also bought my level 50 55,000c speeder at level 45.

What're you doing wrong?

Edited by Robpsychobob

man reach lvl 50 than talk

my firend has 4.5 million credits hes slicer

i have 1.2 million credits and i dun have slicer

not to mention you don't even use credits in the game that much...

• 4 weeks later...

From a role-playing point of view, it is pretty obvious that we know how to control speeders and taxi's. (Whenever you rent one, you are piloting it, you are not being chauffeured, you are not sitting in the back, you are the pilot! And on Nar Shadaa you come across an abandoned speeder and are able to pilot it. So why do we need to train?

It's not the cost that I object to, it's that my character supposedly does not know how to pilot a speeder so he needs to be trained that bothers me. My suggestion is to abandon training all together and just make the speeders themselves cost more.

So the first speeder you can purchase would be 48-50k, and you have to be at least level 25 to buy it. I know that this may seem like I'm splitting hairs, but as a role-player I would like to think that my character who can fly a ship across the galaxy and into combat would be able to fly a speeder traveling at around 30-40 mph without extra training!

From a role-playing point of view, it is pretty obvious that we know how to control speeders and taxi's. (Whenever you rent one, you are piloting it, you are not being chauffeured, you are not sitting in the back, you are the pilot! And on Nar Shadaa you come across an abandoned speeder and are able to pilot it. So why do we need to train?

It's not the cost that I object to, it's that my character supposedly does not know how to pilot a speeder so he needs to be trained that bothers me. My suggestion is to abandon training all together and just make the speeders themselves cost more.

So the first speeder you can purchase would be 48-50k, and you have to be at least level 25 to buy it. I know that this may seem like I'm splitting hairs, but as a role-player I would like to think that my character who can fly a ship across the galaxy and into combat would be able to fly a speeder traveling at around 30-40 mph without extra training!

The taxi is like one of those kiddie rides at the fair that have cars on a track and the steering wheels move but you really do not have any controll over where they go. Their destination is programmed as well as the route you need to take. As far as your starship, the robot it comes with does the piloting and you take care of the shooting, that is why it is on rails and you cannot go where you want in both

There is your RP fix.

As far as the abandoned speeder, you can only travel at sprint speeds because you lack the proper training to go any faster than you could run.

On my Jedi Shadow, after I got my first speeder training and my speeder, I had 20-30k left over (even when I spent 5k for extra bag slots). It's similar with 2 other characters I have at 23 and 24. They'll have 20k+ left over after speeder training.

When I hit 50, I had around 600k in credits, even though I spent credits for all my bag slots and an extra storage bay on the ship. I also levelled 3 crew skills to 400.

Credits in this game are easy to come by.

The taxi is like one of those kiddie rides at the fair that have cars on a track and the steering wheels move but you really do not have any controll over where they go. Their destination is programmed as well as the route you need to take. As far as your starship, the robot it comes with does the piloting and you take care of the shooting, that is why it is on rails and you cannot go where you want in both

There is your RP fix.

As far as the abandoned speeder, you can only travel at sprint speeds because you lack the proper training to go any faster than you could run.

I'm a Sith Inquisitor assassin! And I'm riding a kiddie ride with a steering wheel that does nothing! Really? And I am OK with this! Of course I wouldn't be OK with this! As a Sith I would be insulted and heads would roll. As far as the star ship, my character is sitting in the captains seat. My droid is out in the mezzanine wondering what else he can do for me, he is not piloting the ship (and if you listen to commands issued during the ship combat missions, your character is the one calling the shots). So what you suggest is not an RP fix.

Besides, wouldn't it just be simpler to have one cost (48-50k for a speeder) and one place to visit, than to have two separate costs and two separate areas to go to. And wouldn't a Sith Inquisitor trainer be a bit annoyed that he has to train you to ride a bike!

Like I said, I am not against the costs involved. It just ruins the immersion for me, just a bit. Just make the speeders cost more, end of story.

Okay.

Now explain why your character is so stupid you have to be level 25 and pay for training for a speeder, but you can fly a million credit starship with no training at all at level 13+.

I know C2-N2's voice is like rubbing cheese graters against your ears, but sometimes (or rarely...) it pays to listen to his inane prattle. When he's giving you the tour of your starship, he actually tells you that all you have to do to use your starship is choose the planet you want to travel to and your computer will do the rest.

On topic, credits are not hard to come by. Questing, especially on Tatooine gives you a lot of credits. I've been able to half my credits with my alt at level 35 and haven't suffered at all for it. I can still buy every skill, I can still craft, and I'm still on track for my speeder upgrade at 40. I don't even have slicing, I use armstech, all you have to do is work the GTN and do some quests.

cash sinks, every game has them, otherwise there would be little point in having a currency if there isnt going to be anything to spend it on, speeders are part of that, or would you rather them charge it for the abilty to leave planets instead and gave you your speeder?

also, 40k is peanuts you dont even have to think , just grab all grey stuff you see and vendor, by the time you hit 25 , i promise you wont be more than 2k short if not over what you need

There's little rhyme or reason to the costs of things in the game - other than they can be costly or seem so at times, but ultimately, it's WAY too easy to rack up credits in TOR and anyone can have all the credits they want with minimal effort and without having to do the GTN thing.

I stole my starship...

Why didn't you steal a speeder? And how come you didn't have to pay someone to teach you to fly the ship? And how come fuel costs are so cheap and nobody charges you to use their hangar? :confused:

Edited by Kourage

• 1 month later...
Yes things get expensive, but part of the game is managing your in game finances. I stopped sending my crew on missions at level 23 because I knew I would need 40k+ for training. I like the fact that I have to be wise with my credits.

I thought this was Star Wars, not Accounting Wars... if I want to play a finance game then I'll do that with the stock market.