Getting HK-51 is way too difficult

alexkman

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only hard part is having to do the Hard Mode instance. The rest is fairly easy really.

If your not guilded or anything it can take a while to find a group for the Hard Mode is all. That's the point where I got stuck, still haven't completed it lol :)

Edited by Avatarless

Subscribers pay their hard earned money to do this quest line and I, for one, would like a cool, action packed story than a tedious, boring scavenger hunt that feels more like work than play. Even f2p players spend hard earned credits or dollars on cartel coins only to find that this quest line takes an absurd number of hours and boring perseverance. HK-51 was among the greatest ideas bioware had for Swtor and would be an unbelievable addition to a great game. To put in perspective how terrible they've made this mission series, HK-51 simply isn't the trouble, and that should speak incredibly powerfully to any fan of KoToR, swtor, and star wars in general.

Who agrees?

It's way to **easy**. I have done it on two chars and it took 4 hours on the first and 3 on the second. From start to finish. It's sad that they made it so easy.

HK is really easy to get. The scavenger hunt is pretty bland, but by no means does it represent a challenge. I just grouped with other people who were searching and we found the pieces without a problem. Everything in that entire quest line can be solo'd so that means it's quite unchallenging right there.

It's definitely not too difficult. I like the missions, if not for anything else, it's a mission that takes you around the galaxy, which I want more of.

And you're complaining about something taking a couple of hours, do you even know that you're playing an MMO? It's like some people don't even know what genre they are playing.

Subscribers pay their hard earned money to do this quest line and I, for one, would like a cool, action packed story than a tedious, boring scavenger hunt that feels more like work than play. Even f2p players spend hard earned credits or dollars on cartel coins only to find that this quest line takes an absurd number of hours and boring perseverance. HK-51 was among the greatest ideas bioware had for Swtor and would be an unbelievable addition to a great game. To put in perspective how terrible they've made this mission series, HK-51 simply isn't the trouble, and that should speak incredibly powerfully to any fan of KoToR, swtor, and star wars in general.

Who agrees?

I disagree with your subject but I agree with your message. It's not difficult, which would be a good thing. It's tedious and boring.

The scavenger hunt parts weren't an issue, even finding them solo. Once you understand how you need to scan-and-move, you can cover a fairly large area quickly. I found all pieces solo within 20mins per planet. Plus the ship-puzzle-zone was awesome.

My issue however is my 'main' is a tank specced shadow, and while I love tanking H4's etc, I absolutely dread going into the flashpoints as a tank for a pug for the last two pieces. The amount of grief you get for going into a hardmode and saying 'full disclosure folks, first time here and in wellfare Tionese, be patient' is mindblowing.

...Plus the ship-puzzle-zone was awesome.

That was prob the only part of the quest chain I enjoyed, it was fun and made me feel like I was exploring on my own. Finding new things about a ship I knew nothing about. Like what happened to the people etc.

But at the end of the day even if you get HK, the problem is unlocking them on each of you characters for 1 million credits each. I know not everyone has that kind of credits to spare and I sure don't, so I guess HK is kind of pointless for me, it's mostly for nostalgia.

But Hey I am playing though swtor again for the 8th time so that will tide me over.

That was prob the only part of the quest chain I enjoyed, it was fun and made me feel like I was exploring on my own. Finding new things about a ship I knew nothing about. Like what happened to the people etc.

But at the end of the day even if you get HK, the problem is unlocking them on each of you characters for 1 million credits each. I know not everyone has that kind of credits to spare and I sure don't, so I guess HK is kind of pointless for me, it's mostly for nostalgia.

But Hey I am playing though swtor again for the 8th time so that will tide me over.

You can also unlock him for 350 cartel coins on any character after you have him.

As in matter fact getting HK-51 is generally easy and can be done within a few hours.... If you're having a hard time finding parts - then team up with other players....

But if it's simply because it takes to much time then just let it go... cancel your sub and go play wow where you don't have to put in any effort at all.

• 1 month later...

Finding parts is rather easy, but it is boring like hell.

Having to go through flash points is bothersome if you are not in guild and have to wait for a couple of hours for each of them.

Nope, can't say I found anything enjoyable about the grinding to get HK-51, though it was not hard just boring grinding.:p

The difficulty is fine. The reward as it was meant to be would be worth the difficulty. The problem is, the reward is not working as intended. The armor that comes with HK-51 is not scaling to your companion's level. If they would fix this, the reward is worth the difficulty.

And that does not even take into account that HK-51 have not been laid into the story arc yet. What fun is a companion that have zip effect on story arc in comment or affection.:(

I'm a super casual player. I usually never run FP's at all. I started this quest the other day and after a few hours I was to the point where I had to run False Emperor and Foundry. The next night I got in a group that ran both then went back for the last group quest.

Done.

Was a TON of fun. The hardest part was LFG for the FP's. I think the difficulty is fine. This is coming from someone who technically sucks at this game.

I'm a super casual player. I usually never run FP's at all. I started this quest the other day and after a few hours I was to the point where I had to run False Emperor and Foundry. The next night I got in a group that ran both then went back for the last group quest.

Done.

Was a TON of fun. The hardest part was LFG for the FP's. I think the difficulty is fine. This is coming from someone who technically sucks at this game.

aaaaaaaand...

/thread

The hunt for the droid parts should be made skippable for the rest of your Legacy once you've unlocked HK-51 for one of your characters.

That's really all I have to say on the subject.

You mean, by spending the credits or Cartel coins on the legacy to unlock HK for the rest of your characters...after you have done the quest once?

The price is pretty steep, but 2-3 days of doing all of your dailies on one character can net you just over 1 million credits. 2 Characters just over 2 million. I don't see how hard this really is to understand? Why go through all of that work doing the quest a second time??? If I recall, HK even comes with his armor/weapons when you buy him from the legacy unlock. So its not like you have to do th quest again just to get his gear.

I fail to understand why this is an issue it just seems like the OP Is trolling. :rak_02: Have a good day.

• 5 months later...

The quest becomes pointless right after you are forced to manually scan rather large areas even w/o direction. I guess, supposed target group for that are professional farmers and bot masters. I don't want to waste my sub time by doing such boring and tedious work. Just leave pointless grind to korean games. Make more story, less grind - like class storylines.

I hope, that quest will be subject to redesign, preferrably before closing the game or changing it to pure pay2win.

And well... getting into flashpoints is the easiest part, i even got a HK Weapons Protocol before even starting the questline (a bug, perhaps?).

TLDR: the farming part makes it not difficult, but very boring, tedious and generally unplayable. I'd rather run a couple of HM flashpoints instead, at least we have a group finder for this. Or explore another derelict ship.

Edited by elstaar