So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

Of course they did. You can't decide to charge for something that wasn't free. :)

Always wrong, you said, yet not ONE example can you give. Learn to lose with grace, or don't make silly claims. :)

Learn to not speculate on the future of things till you know what is actually there and then claim your right. Anything before all the info. is released that makes you look silly.

Proof of what they've said? :confused:

They've said it.

Still waiting for that quote that it would be 100% free.

Well, i'm going to wait for the release.... I sit on more than 4000 cartel coins with no real incentive to use them on

anything in the shop right now. The expansion and later the cathar are what I'm waiting for right now.

I'm pretty sure that I can live without the five days headstart.... :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. So little to actually buy. Having a ton of initial free CC and the monthly alotment. I have so many and nothing to use them on, expecially by the time the expansion actually gets here. (which we know is months away).

I'll take a digital expansion thru CC purchase that cost me no extra cash beyond my monthly sub and if I'll I do is miss out on 5 extra days; I call that a good deal.

Edited by Quraswren

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all the mmo you have to pay for expansions

I'm not going to whine about the price because like you said it isn't a very high price and i will probably buy it.

But what bugs me is that this really isn't an expansion it's just another update but they just switched UPDATE for EXPANSION just to make is sound awesome and to get away with asking money for it.

EXPANSION that is the key word here. Rift asked players to pay for their new expansion. It MORE THAN DOUBLED the size of the game world. We are talking about a single planet here. This is a content patch not an expansion. I am not preordering it because I dont know enough about whats in it yet. The price is low for sure but you get what you pay for. I want to see exactly what is included first.

And how much did that Rift expansion that doubled the size od the world cost?

Driz

Other areas yes, but unless the required tables are in place for what needs to be purchased with the Makeb expansion the Makeb unlock simply cannot yet be purchased.

You cannot simply say "ah well, we'll just let them purchase partial access now, delete some afterwards where we change our mind in the design process, add some extra later", etc. That's just waiting for bugs and errors to arise.

Whereas with out of game purchases, they can simply add you to an out of game list of accounts to get this access once all is available and ready in the game for that account access to be activated.

If they can't get a system to work that already works then Bioware EA is huge trouble.

As it does work, there is NO reason for it not to be on the cashshop except for nickle and diming, which we've already established you think Bioware EA should do, and I think they should not. :mad:

See EVE; every expansion is free. Also, the latter ceased to be true the moment the game went F2P - there is no 'regular monthly usage'. I'd have no problem with 'paying' for this 'expansion' with Cartel Coins, for example. Hmm, curiously I can't do that.

Considering that reading your post history, you have plenty of problems with the game, kindly don't tell other people to get over their complaints or perhaps you should get over yours as well.

Just because a game went F2P does not mean ALL IS FREE NOW! People who pay a sub that charge is still for monthly use of the game NOT EXPANSIONS.

My god what did you do go back and read my post from launch day? Pfft since coming back after a 3month break I have no complaints. The only new complaints I have is the whinning F2P players who want EVERYTHING free now. Complaints of game mechanics is one thing. Complaining you dont want to pay for an expansion they you fell should be free is another. So suck it up and fork out the $9.99 for it or move on.

EXPANSION that is the key word here. Rift asked players to pay for their new expansion. It MORE THAN DOUBLED the size of the game world. We are talking about a single planet here. This is a content patch not an expansion. I am not preordering it because I dont know enough about whats in it yet. The price is low for sure but you get what you pay for. I want to see exactly what is included first.

And how much did that Rift expansion that doubled the size of the game world cost?

Driz

Learn to not speculate on the future of things till you know what is actually there and then claim your right. Anything before all the info. is released that makes you look silly.

Silly for being right? That's a new one. :D

Still waiting for that quote that it would be 100% free.

Free is free 100%, paid for is paid for 100%, as we've established. :)

If they can't get a system to work that already works then Bioware EA is huge trouble.

As it does work, there is NO reason for it not to be on the cashshop except for nickle and diming, which we've already established you think Bioware EA should do, and I think they should not. :mad:

It does work? Since you have inside knowledge knowing that Makeb is already up and running? Everything is already there for the live server, at least database wise? I'm interested to know who your source must be who is providing you with this data, any other details regarding Makeb he or she could share with us?

Which thus far, after over 22 pages, still doesn't include a quote by BioWare or EA ever stating that this expansion would be 100% free. So thus far all we can conclude is BioWare never stated it'd be free.

Edited by Fornix

Enjoy being bored to tears.

I'll have you know that as soon as I got my Rifter within a week or two (I was still learning the basics of skill requirements back then) I moved from 1.0 to 0.6. Sure it wasn't 0.0, but I didn't have a corporation to fall back on.

Lol! Wow.. what an over reaction. But, I guess I should have expected it here.

So... first I'm not going to split hairs over what they said and when. The bottom line is as soon as I read their noncommittal on not charging subs during the last interview, I knew it wouldn't be free. No big deal.

So yea, the fact that it is $10.00 US is the point. A great value IF it delivers on great story and a level cap in the form of a mini expansion pack.

BTW, just purchased it. Locked and loaded. Now.... lets start whining about when it will be released.

Edited by Rafaman

Silly for being right? That's a new one. :D

Silly for speculating you're right on an expansion you know little about. :cool:

Unless of course you can't show that it was 100% free and the best quote around is they were not sure if it would be charged for or not. Which is established and has been for a long time now.

Edited by Quraswren

And how much did that Rift expansion that doubled the size of the game world cost?

Driz

In fairness adding hoth and tatooine (5-6lvls worth of zones) to rift = doubling the size of rift. Taht game launched criminally small. :p

Edited by aeterno

You know we were promised we won't get charged for it.....

It's not about price is about principle, they keep on promising us stuff then keep on backing out, it's infuriating.

Thank God another person who gets it!

I this is cheap as hell, but the point remains that we were told that sub covers EVERYTHING and that we specifically would never have to pay for expansions.

Edited by Eillack

Wow.

Just... wow.

The circle jerk is strong on this thread.

I'll wait and see if they include more content to actually justify this as an expansion, but right now calling it a "Digital Expansion" is like pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

Or alternatively giving me a McDonald's hamburger and calling it prime rib, if you want a more positive simile.

Edit: Wow, circle jerk as one word is censored? I wonder if they've had a problem with the term in the past...

To make it a required purchase for continued participation in endgame content.

What I find more confusing is how Carsen is censored in game. No wonder everyone just says Kira.

Thakn God another person who gets it!

I this is cheap as hell, but the point remains that we were told that sub covers EVERYTHING and that we specifically would never have to pay for expansions.

not saying it didnt happen..

but if they said that then a strong argument could be made . I would like to see a link of an interview or article that someone said that. I don't mind paying 10 bucks at all, and i already ordered this morning, but that would be very interesting to see where that was stated.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

And you just know the expansion will be half baked. It will likely be like any other planet quests except it'll be missing your class quest. So, you'll have a chain planet quest, side missions and then a bonus series which will likely act as the new dailies. I doubt we'll get new FPs, Ops or WZ with this expansion. Though I'm sure that there will be tons of new cartel items. Bioware just doesn't have it in them to pleasantly surprise us anymore.

I know right all the subbers and F2P'ers who made that assumption that expansions would be free.

Its a double edge sword I tell ya!

It's amusing and interesting to see that alot of people always act: OMG, WHY! ? , WE GET SHAFTED. when (gaming) companies start charging money for stuff.

It was pretty obvious they were going to charge money.

There are also people that scream it's about PRINCIPLE.. well.. that my friends has left our Earth a very.. very... long time ago.

Just try too think with a clear mind and not with a pink cloud infront of your eyes and you will see that this stuff won't surprise you anymore.