Fix Force Shroud!

DarthMaulUK

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FS has been bugged since 1.4.

I have been knocked back countless times by Overload and Jet Boost (and their Pub mirrors) while FS was up.

The only thing is that it usually occurs a second after I pop FS, so it could be lag related. This never happened prior to 1.4 though so something is amiss.

FS has been bugged since 1.4.

I have been knocked back countless times by Overload and Jet Boost (and their Pub mirrors) while FS was up.

The only thing is that it usually occurs a second after I pop FS, so it could be lag related. This never happened prior to 1.4 though so something is amiss.

Yeah totally not working correctly. I experience issues with it just about every day. Not that big of a deal but when I am playing madness that 3 seconds is pretty big since I am incredibly squishy.

There is a lag issue with it. Just like there is a lag issue with every other ability in game. The same 1.4 bug that makes smash "miss" is the same one that shifts a second of resilience/shroud back/forward. It's effecting everyone but some abilities make it more noticeable.

And as for the people who don't understand the ability, there are a lot of attacks/abilities that are not force/tech. Many a sin/shadow in this game that will eat a full ravage with shroud up :p

Yeah totally not working correctly. I experience issues with it just about every day. Not that big of a deal but when I am playing madness that 3 seconds is pretty big since I am incredibly squishy.

Aww! <3

;)

Edited by Ycoga

Ah, my dear resilience, where art thou? Oh, you are in my quickbar when I press G. Why are you cheating on me? I pushed the key, i am glowing gold, 5s even, and I get rooted after knockback from overload. I guess I did not treat yo right resilience, let me try again, I use resilience and bang operative flashbang to the face. How can I make things right my dear resilience? Please come back ...

First of all, it only protects against tech and force attacks, so charge/leap will root you since they are melee attacks, leg shot will root you since it's a ranged attack.

As for getting pulled, VG/PT grapple has a travel time, he could have grappled you before you activated shroud, but the animation only started afterwards

Theres this ability called force sweep that one or two people use these days that hits after im all white and that.

Im putting it down to server lag because its always right at the start when I put it up i.e. pop FS (because you just got leaped on and guess whats coming straight after it ^^) 1 second later smash animation with a nice 5k+ hit on me.

Aint really ever noticed CC issues with it.

EDIT: Venjirai - lol posted after yours without reading it :D suppose it proves my point. Lmao at the screenshot

Edited by SuperDaioz

im shocked that noone even mentioned the fact that accuracy over 100% lowers your chance to dodge / parry / RESIST an attack

every class has 100% base accuarcy for force and tech attacks and most run around with 108-110% in pvp

wich for all intents and porpuses means that theres a 10% chance they will ignore force shroud

Check your characther sheet your force accuracy says and i quote

"Chance that your offensive Force powers will affect the target. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's RESISTANCE"

im shocked that noone even mentioned the fact that accuracy over 100% lowers your chance to dodge / parry / RESIST an attack

every class has 100% base accuarcy for force and tech attacks and most run around with 108-110% in pvp

wich for all intents and porpuses means that theres a 10% chance they will ignore force shroud

Check your characther sheet your force accuracy says and i quote

"Chance that your offensive Force powers will affect the target. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's RESISTANCE"

Force shroud/resilience "increases by 100%" your chance to resist force/tech. Which puts shadows/sins resistance 202%+ depending on itemizing.

Force Shrould gives +200% resistance....

and this ability worked 100% of the time before the latest patches.

This

The second I popped it yesterday, I was STUNNED by a Shadow. It doesn't work, its not lag its yet another list of broken features - Even overload isn't working all the time now.

First of all force shroud gives 100% not 200%

dont beleive me? check the in game description

http://i49.tinypic.com/2s8llc4.jpg

dont beleive my pic? check a website roll a sin wichever method makes you all giddy

Your saying that sins get 200% chance to resist and attack right? (100% base + 100% from force shroud) i have 110% accuracy wich means your chacne to resist is now 90%

Wich...means....that in 10% of the cases im going to ignore force shroud

This

The second I popped it yesterday, I was STUNNED by a Shadow. It doesn't work, its not lag its yet another list of broken features - Even overload isn't working all the time now.

It is lag. As I mentioned earlier in this thread. There are abilities across all classes that have been effected by 1.4

This thread should be re-titled to "Fix Server Lag"

Shroud's effect from time to time is -1 secondish. I've only had the lag effect me on my shadow a few times. Resilience (for me) usually lasts the full 3 seconds, but I've had it last as little as 2 seconds. It's a bigger issue for other classes that use non-target-able offensive attacks (mostly AOE's). Since 1.4 I've had death from above not stop caps because the damage wasn't applying the first second.

dont beleive my pic? check a website roll a sin wichever method makes you all giddy

Your saying that sins get 200% chance to resist and attack right? (100% base + 100% from force shroud) i have 110% accuracy wich means your chacne to resist is now 90%

I don't understand your point. I think If you're saying there is a chance for people to attack through shroud using force/tech attacks. I don't think anyone was disputing that. Maybe there are a lot of bad players spamming force/tech attacks on shroud/resilience instead of using melee/ranged that would hit as usual. Why attack someone with a 2-3% chance to hit instead of attacking them with 100%?

Check your force resistance tooltip after you popped force shroud.

http://www.picfront.org/d/8UpZ

Edited by Venjirai

It is lag. As I mentioned earlier in this thread. There are abilities across all classes that have been effected by 1.4

This thread should be re-titled to "Fix Server Lag"

Shroud's effect from time to time is -1 secondish. I've only had the lag effect me on my shadow a few times. Resilience (for me) usually lasts the full 3 seconds, but I've had it last as little as 2 seconds. It's a bigger issue for other classes that use non-target-able offensive attacks (mostly AOE's). Since 1.4 I've had death from above not stop caps because the damage wasn't applying the first second.

See I thought it was lag but have been doing more research. yes, it probably does play a part, but when you have a 5 second resistance, and you are STUNNED within 2 seconds and your FS is still showing on your cast bar, you should not get stunned by a force move. I did.

I've tried popping FS until the very last second I need it, only still to get knocked back, stunned etc etc. Lag proabably does play a part but since 1.4 lots of strange things have been going on

See I thought it was lag but have been doing more research. yes, it probably does play a part, but when you have a 5 second resistance, and you are STUNNED within 2 seconds and your FS is still showing on your cast bar, you should not get stunned by a force move. I did.

I've tried popping FS until the very last second I need it, only still to get knocked back, stunned etc etc. Lag proabably does play a part but since 1.4 lots of strange things have been going on

I haven't played around with the 5 second resilience yet so I'll give it a go and see if I notice anything weird. Multiplying the problem is the lag effects on the attacker/s too. I wouldn't be surprised that some lag activation is up 3 seconds (probably worst case scenario). I know that happens to me when the server chops up, I'll have abilities activate on players while I'm in spawn, recently killed. So we could be seeing people hitting stun the same time (or slightly before) a sin hits shroud, but lag doesn't apply the effect until after shroud "kicks in" (even seconds in). So the stun is applying to the pre-shroud toon, even though the toon currently has shroud up.

I hope they fix it. It's annoying when this happens at the make or break parts of a WZ.

FS doesnt help against low slash.. never. however FS broken, i was lifted a number times while was under FS... also unbreakable will is broken too, i got 3 bubblestuns in row and i used unbreakable will 3 times in row too (no cd, lol)... what else.. hmm.. sometimes i can use FS a few times within 20 sec range.. this game is completely fcked

The moral of the story is... this game has way way way too many overly overly overly excessive CC's. 1.4 was a dark day for SWTOR.

I don't understand your point. I think If you're saying there is a chance for people to attack through shroud using force/tech attacks. I don't think anyone was disputing that. Maybe there are a lot of bad players spamming force/tech attacks on shroud/resilience instead of using melee/ranged that would hit as usual. Why attack someone with a 2-3% chance to hit instead of attacking them with 100%?

i agree its stupid to do such a thing... the chances are ridiculously low.. yet people do it and for some reason sins complain that force shroud is broken when a hit does get through.. im a sin myself i see it resist i see it get through i dont go cry wolf whenever a hit gets through FS..even if i am standing in fire

Check your force resistance tooltip after you popped force shroud.

http://www.picfront.org/d/8UpZ

touché i never noticed that lol

still.. your trying to tell me you never noticed during 3-5 secs of FS first hit getting resisted and 2nd not and third not? never ever? it says 200% but against any guy with decent accuracy some hits will get through..and thats not lag

Personally i see alot of it while carrying the ball.. i mean real force or tech attacks i know the difference beetween a leg shot from a sniper and Creeping terror from a SI