Fix Force Shroud!

DarthMaulUK

Because it simply is not working and is more random then a PvE geared player in a wz.

When I used to pop Shroud, I would rush over (a firetrap but not on fire) for example with the ball but now, I still get stunned, rooted, pulled - all this even with a full resolve bar.

Once bandicam sorts out its update(it doesn't like windows 8 and the latest Ati drivers) I will post some videos. Today I was stun locked by an Op, popped shroud and was again stunned, I mean, come on please. Has the amount of stuns in the game confused this ability?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have noticed the flash bang grenade get through force shroud or at least 1 ability anyway. But weapon mezs such as the one in the assassin deception middle tree or the sniper leg shot ability neither affect resolve nor are tech/force attacks, and thus still effect people using force shroud.

Oh jeez, one of the most retarded, stupid and idiotic abilities in SWTOR is not working properly! Fix it bioware! The Assassins need back their iWin button!

On a serious note i am against bugs and other bad coding, but it's not that assassins never got some of the best combo of abilities in SWTOR. For a very talented asssasin the only class that can pose a challenge is only a very good marauder.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Its says 100% - meaning that it will block EVERYTHING, not the odd one or two. I had a one on one with another Sin, I popped it because I knew he wanted to low slash me and back stab, so I did but I was stunned!

Its the ONLY ability we have to stop any kind of stuns and it doesn't work. And with the amount of stuns in the game, this needs urgent addressing.

Its says 100% - meaning that it will block EVERYTHING, not the odd one or two. I had a one on one with another Sin, I popped it because I knew he wanted to low slash me and back stab, so I did but I was stunned!

Its the ONLY ability we have to stop any kind of stuns and it doesn't work. And with the amount of stuns in the game, this needs urgent addressing.

Low slash is not a stun and it's not a force/tech attack. Why would you expect force shroud to work?

FS doesnt help against low slash.. never. however FS broken, i was lifted a number times while was under FS... also unbreakable will is broken too, i got 3 bubblestuns in row and i used unbreakable will 3 times in row too (no cd, lol)... what else.. hmm.. sometimes i can use FS a few times within 20 sec range.. this game is completely fcked

It does help against low slash, ive seen it done/did it myself. So either that's broken as well meaning that FS is seriously messed up.

I was thinking that it might be the server lag creating the problems - after all, 5/3 seconds isn't very long but I don't think it is that causing the problem.

It does help against low slash, ive seen it done/did it myself. So either that's broken as well meaning that FS is seriously messed up.

I was thinking that it might be the server lag creating the problems - after all, 5/3 seconds isn't very long but I don't think it is that causing the problem.

Low slash is a weapon attack, force shroud doesn't defend you against weapon attacks. If your melee/ranged defence is high enough (deflection helps), low slash can miss. It has nothing to do with force shroud.

As a matter of fact, Low Slash (Deception 20 point talent) is the one stun thats supposed to go thru FS because it deals WEAPON damage not force or tech.

u r mistaken, probably u used FS cobo with shield (forget name of this ability.. that increase yr defense on 60%), shield can help against low slash since it can parry low slash

i always tend to use low slash on FS guys

Edited by yauhen_pt

u r mistaken, probably u used FS cobo with shield (forget name of this ability.. that increase yr defense on 60%), shield can help against low slash since it can parry low slash

i always tend to use low slash on FS guys

ah yeah, that's probably it. But either way, on topic. FS doesn't work and not taking LS into account.

ah yeah, that's probably it. But either way, on topic. FS doesn't work and not taking LS into account.

Force shroud does work, you are misinterpreting how the ability actually works by not knowing how other classes/abilities function. The only ability in the game which will let you run freely without being rooted/stunned/cc'd in general is Unstoppable/Unremitting in the Vengeance/Vigilance trees for the Juggernaut or Guardian. When you hit force shroud you can expect to be immune to force/tech attacks such as: flame burst, force lightning, orbital strike. You can also resist STUNS (anything that prevents you from activating an ability, stops movement, and does not break on damage) i.e. cryo grenade, force choke, electrocute. Most roots on the other hand, will bypass force shroud. For example: leg shot from a sniper, low slash (is a mez, breaks on damage), deadly throw from a carnage specced marauder. When you say force shroud blocked a low slash, it's because LS is a melee attack an can be parried, which it is quite often. You may of had deflection up simultaneously which your force shroud, which increases your chance of said leg shot/low slash missing.

Edited by Wookieenator

You can also resist STUNS (anything that prevents you from activating an ability, stops movement, and does not break on damage) i.e. cryo grenade, force choke, electrocute. .

And yet some of these are stopping me in my tracks. I pop FS before force speeding over to the line. Yet these things, including electrocute have stopped me dead in my tracks.

And yet some of these are stopping me in my tracks. I pop FS before force speeding over to the line. Yet these things, including electrocute have stopped me dead in my tracks.

There's more than one person on the other team, you were hit by a root along with an electrocute hence you being stopped in your tracks.

Shroud= immune to tech/force. Low slash=weapon. Nuff said

Learn your class or dont post on the forum. Shroud is NOT a stun resist skill, its a tech/force resist skill. Next time pop deflection to avoid low slash...stop being...unable to read properly or idk...plz...PLEASE

Learn your class or dont post on the forum. Shroud is NOT a stun resist skill, its a tech/force resist skill. Next time pop deflection to avoid low slash...stop being...unable to read properly or idk...plz...PLEASE

Explained above if you BOTHERED to read. Christ almighty and I know my class extremely well thank you. Now, crawl BACK under that stone

There's more than one person on the other team, you were hit by a root along with an electrocute hence you being stopped in your tracks.

Nope. And for the record I am not the only one experiencing the same issues. There is a problem and it needs urgent looking at.

Enough said.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Nope. And for the record I am not the only one experiencing the same issues. There is a problem and it needs urgent looking at.

Enough said.

It only works against force abilities. Not against physical or the like. And it isn't intended to either.

Edited by Evolixe