Mercs - Smashers - Bubble Stuns

Riggz

Bioware, for weeks the forums have been focusing on these 3 things

1.) All 3 merc trees suck

2.) I can smash my keyboard and get well over 300k damage in lowbie PvP as focus (I can show screenshot if requested)

3.) bubble stuns are keeping entire teams perma CC'd by using the hybrid spec since it makes hardly any resolve

Can we at least get a "we realize these are the top 3 concerns and are working on it"

At this rate patch notes will be

1.) Nerfing operative concealment

2.) buffing something random that doesn't need it

3.) ignoring mercs

Bioware, for weeks the forums have been focusing on these 3 things

1.) All 3 merc trees suck

2.) I can smash my keyboard and get well over 300k damage in lowbie PvP as focus (I can show screenshot if requested)

3.) bubble stuns are keeping entire teams perma CC'd by using the hybrid spec since it makes hardly any resolve

Can we at least get a "we realize these are the top 3 concerns and are working on it"

At this rate patch notes will be

1.) Nerfing operative concealment

2.) buffing something random that doesn't need it

3.) ignoring mercs

The devs are already adressed these issues in some of the interview. So the smash will be nerfed in upcoming patch to do 2.35% less damage. And the Vicious Throw (execute ability) will be buffed up to 30%.

Also accounting to the numerous complaints, the Snipers immunity for leaps will be worked now only while Entrench is up.

Edited by Missandei

The devs are already adressed these issues in some of the interview. So the smash will be nerfed in upcoming patch to do 2.35% less damage. And the Vicious Throw (execute ability) will be buffed up to 30%.

Also accounting to the numerous complaints, the Snipers immunity for leaps will be worked now only while Entrench is up.

Instead of nerfing smash which hurts tanks since that's their main AOE aggro, why don't they nerf the rage armor pen

So there buffing the excuetion ability, why? Has anyone requested or mentioned buffing that

Snipers will be dead meat then for melee classes

- looks like smashers are getting buffs IMO

P.s any talks about mercs? I don't even have one but I'm tired of those who do being screwed every patch

I will never play my sniper again if all I get is 20 secs of leap immunity every minute. That's the most ridiculous load of **** I've ever heard. That right there would make the ONLY ranged dps class worth a damn worthless.

I don't have a sniper but I do have a sentinel, and I hope to god they let you keep your immunity. There is no reason I should be able to leap to you. It makes it easy and takes the fun out of it

But anyway I think snipers are really balanced and should be left as is, honestly most classes are pretty balanced IMO. I just think 2 things are op and mercs/ operatives are far under powered

Yeah... they can't nerf sniper jump immunity...

Think of the MM spec that requires you to be crouched for a lot of moves. Now pit them against a vengence jugg after said jugg has force charged, force choked, force pushed again, force charged again, all while having immunity to any CC. Which means, no cover pulse, no flash bang and probably not even a leg shot (though I'm not sure if that counts).

While they're at it, they should rename a certain sniper rifle, 'the 35-40 metres killer depending on spec and gear bonus' instead of the '10KM killer'...

One change I would like to see for smashers though is not being able to use vicious slash to decrease the cooldown on smash...

And at this point, bubble stunning sages/sorcs are where they should be, considering their class already needs a pick-me-up to begin with.

Instead of nerfing smash which hurts tanks since that's their main AOE aggro, why don't they nerf the rage armor pen

So there buffing the excuetion ability, why? Has anyone requested or mentioned buffing that

Snipers will be dead meat then for melee classes

- looks like smashers are getting buffs IMO

P.s any talks about mercs? I don't even have one but I'm tired of those who do being screwed every patch

Snipers are already dead meat for melee. Where have you been? o.0

As far as rage goes, there's nothing overpowered about the spec. They may do burst damage, but they're extremely squishy. What's overpowered is when you have groups of them, but then again that can be said of basically any high burst spec. Combat sentinels for example.

Snipers are already dead meat for melee. Where have you been? o.0

As far as rage goes, there's nothing overpowered about the spec. They may do burst damage, but they're extremely squishy. What's overpowered is when you have groups of them, but then again that can be said of basically any high burst spec. Combat sentinels for example.

Marauders are extremely easy to take down with my MM specced sniper. DPS assassins are a little more finicky but as long as you have entrench you'll be okay. Tankassins are best dealt with by engineering snipers. etc etc.

It's really about timing the pushbacks right and using leg shot as an annoyance. One of my favourite rotations against a mara (assuming they are running towards you since they can't force leap):

1. Shattershot

2. Well timed ambush for 10 meter push back

3. Leg shot

4. Followthrough

5. Coverpulse

6. Series of shots

7. Takedown

It's only one example, but when you have legshot on a 12 second cooldown and other CCs... well you tend to get focused...

Even sages/sorcs who use dots in one dps spec are easily unkiteable in any spec...

Right now, they're one of the best lolsmash deterents, but this doesn't say much as they can jump in cover with obliterate (which is quite a fair move).

<<

>>

In lowbie pvp? Smash spec matures in the 40+ range at which point you have a big advantage (vs lower bees) with any class if you gear it. But if you want ss, I can show you top damage on my level 25ish watchman spec'd sent, my 40s vanguard or my 30s sage (or my 48 focus sent twink)? I take a lot of scoreboard screen shots... I've seen a level 11 mara do over 300k (but no ss of that one). If you want to prove something you will need a lot more than lowbie pvp numbers. Heck, I've seen a couple ops twinks do crazy things in lowbie pvp. Bear in mind that for every person that can play focus well (and they do especially well in premades/rwzs with heals and guards on them), there's many that aren't... I've got scoreboards full of focus/rage sent/maras/guard/juggs at 50 (or less than 50) that aren't doing much in many wzs.

Just because a lot of people may play a class and/or a lot of people cry about it doesn't mean there's a real/big problem directly with the class (other than with perception). These boards (and others) have been full of people spouting misinformation - "sent/maras are underpowered" was a fun one that most agreed with late last year. Even now there's a large percentage of people saying sages/sorcs are weak in pvp.

A pvp dev did say in an interview that they are looking at evening out the pvp gear discrepancies ("gear matters too much") more than they have so far and that will fix/address many of the focus complaints.

I will agree that one class should not be handing out almost resolve free, <30 sec cooldown, aoe stuns to most of his party. BW -has- acknowledged that issue and said they are working on a fix in another thread. I hope at that time they will address the CC issues with the game in general a little more comprehensively.

I don't know much (or care much) about mercs/commandos so won't talk about them.

Joke post or ... ?

Marauders are extremely easy to take down with my MM specced sniper. DPS assassins are a little more finicky but as long as you have entrench you'll be okay. Tankassins are best dealt with by engineering snipers. etc etc.

It's really about timing the pushbacks right and using leg shot as an annoyance. One of my favourite rotations against a mara (assuming they are running towards you since they can't force leap):

1. Shattershot

2. Well timed ambush for 10 meter push back

3. Leg shot

4. Followthrough

5. Coverpulse

6. Series of shots

7. Takedown

It's only one example, but when you have legshot on a 12 second cooldown and other CCs... well you tend to get focused...

Even sages/sorcs who use dots in one dps spec are easily unkiteable in any spec...

Right now, they're one of the best lolsmash deterents, but this doesn't say much as they can jump in cover with obliterate (which is quite a fair move).

I can say the same about your class. You're obviously fighting bads. We have multiple tools for dealing with snipers. You outline what rotation you're going to use, and it sounds good on paper, but you don't say what the dual weilder is doing. Are they supposed to just stand there and take it? Not likely.

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that thinks the bubble is the only thing that makes sorcs still kinda of viable? I mean, with all the "jumping classes" hype the sorcs can be shut down in 3 hits and they can't even deal half damage they receive with all the nerfs.

These melee classes are so strong that everyone pick them and forgot how it is to play with a sorc. Well this is just my opinion, but I have a war hero sage and a war hero assassin and I can't even say how much more disappointing it is to play on the sage. If i'm not on seer(healing)/bubble I feel completely useless.

I understand that perhaps the bubble should only proc the stun on self cast, but hey, isnt it necessary to also give some love to the class?

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that thinks the bubble is the only thing that makes sorcs still kinda of viable? I mean, with all the "jumping classes" hype the sorcs can be shut down in 3 hits and they can't even deal half damage they receive with all the nerfs.

These melee classes are so strong that everyone pick them and forgot how it is to play with a sorc. Well this is just my opinion, but I have a war hero sage and a war hero assassin and I can't even say how much more disappointing it is to play on the sage. If i'm not on seer(healing)/bubble I feel completely useless.

I understand that perhaps the bubble should only proc the stun on self cast, but hey, isnt it necessary to also give some love to the class?

People aren't upset with the bubble stun being cast on themselves when there full lightning. People are upset when they get bubble stun and the ability to spam it on their entire team, thus keeping other team perma stunned

I can say the same about your class. You're obviously fighting bads. We have multiple tools for dealing with snipers. You outline what rotation you're going to use, and it sounds good on paper, but you don't say what the dual weilder is doing. Are they supposed to just stand there and take it? Not likely.

The assumption is, that during the rotation, the mara is pretty much locked down, and wouldn't be able to do much. Maybe a feeble un-cced force choke, but getting within that 4 metre range should be a difficult endeavour.