The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Packs make vegas odds look great

Irawratih

This is more of a post for EA/Bio but feel free to comment if you think i am on point with this.

Overall i have picked up around 20 packs from the cartel market, out of these 20 i recived 0 sets of gear , about 5 sand whatever speeders, and for the most part nothing but those stupid see through chest parts. now the reason i tried was for the mounts, and the white crystals, no luck. so if out of 20 tries i could not get either mount, a set of gear, any new weapons, and no pets what is the point?

Please for our and your sake change the loot table so it stops giving us worthless crafting goods, or everyone will stop buying them. Until things change i will never buy another one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the odds of winning something good seem to be rather low, i mean don't get me wrong i am perfectly aware that the odds should be low indeed and in favor of the house, but they seem even lower than that.

I also noticed that some of my characters are much luckier than some others when opening these packs, doesn't matter how weird that sounds. lol

But still i'm not complaining too much because i haven't opened nearly as much packs as you have, but if i have i would probably get pissed off and opened 20 more knowing that my luck is bound to change, and it most probably would have.

That aside, the invisible chest piece is hilarious! :D

Edited by Vlacke

The calculations in effect for winning something nice do seem a bit off. I've tried a few times here and there and won a few nice things but the rates do seem lower then they should from what i and others i know who have bought a few packs have seen,

I've got the money to blow so not this isn't a whine or anything, just does seem like the odds are really low.

yup, i would suggest putting things usefull in packs instead of random junk, or make a weapons pack that you can get one of each type of weapon in, sell the mounts like they do that ugly pink thing, hell make a gems pack with the diff color crystals in it or one of each , like the pink purple pack or the blue ect pack. things people would buy.

I bought 4 of these packs to see how they worked. the results were disappointing enough that I've decided to never buy another one again. Only 1 pack had something interesting, the Revan's lower and upper robes. The other 3 packs had only rubbish in them that was barely vendor-worthy.

At the very least Bioware should tell us the odds.

Overall i have picked up around 20 packs from the cartel market, out of these 20 i recived 0 sets of gear , about 5 sand whatever speeders, and for the most part nothing but those stupid see through chest parts. now the reason i tried was for the mounts, and the white crystals, no luck. so if out of 20 tries i could not get either mount, a set of gear, any new weapons, and no pets what is the point?

1 out of 20 is 5%. The white crystals and the throne/hoverchair mounts are super-rares. 5% wouldn't be much of a "super-rare" rate. Considering the packs sell for 300k+ on the GTN, you could have made over 6 million credits from selling your packs and bought yourself a throne chair, hoverchair and a white crystal if that's all you wanted. I've received plenty of garbage and plenty of good stuff....it's all luck of the draw and sounds like you ran into some bad luck.

I worked on an MMO before that had similar things to these cartel packs.

In a single pack there was the chance at getting three items from a list of about 50. Odds for rarer items were always around 0.01% or less for the very best.

They aren't worth the money, better to sell the packs and buy the items from the GTN.

this is just dam rediculous. i try to get revan mask or mount ok i dont expect a 100% drop rate but i buy 5k points as had money left over and all i get is the same dam crap 4x new dancers top 1 ziost guardians saber 2 times corso chest which dropped in other pack 2. 2 times dancers legs. the rest jsut blue **** and 3x cyan blue endurance crystals.

at least they could make everything have same dam drop rate and not something drop more often than others. a dam joke specially with the prices people charging for revan mask.

also wot is the dam point sticking stuff from crimelords pack into new pack wot is point sticking common t6 crafting mats in 3 packs i mean come on ffs people dont spend money or coins to get somehting easily obtained via companions or gathering or gtn

If you could at least vendor the junk...it wouldnt be so bad....

Vendoring will only solve part of the issue, as realistically speaking, you will be dissapointed by the vendor pricing anyway.

Thing is, these items will be more lucrative to sell on the GTN. The current issue however is that so many people bought those packs with the f2p switch, that the entire market is currently saturated. That is something which will take time to resolve. However, 6 months down the line, you'll probably see profit on many of these items rising a bit again; or at least selling in general.

Beyond that, if the drop rates on rare items would be higher, they would just be like the rest in the packs are currently. Become pointless junk. Whereas now if you have them it is at least still something with which you can stand out from the crowd a bit.

Unless they up the odds a bit i see these rare items as getting only more and more rare since less and less people will spend real money on the packs.

Sure, if you have an inflated income you might feel that its "ok" to throw money at them like this, but even with that in mind they will lessen in the future since even someone that has a stupid amount of money will only buy the number of packs he needs to find that one rare thing he wants.

Please for our and your sake change the loot table so it stops giving us worthless crafting goods, or everyone will stop buying them. Until things change i will never buy another one.

This is the problem, people don't understand how Gambling Bags work (this is also why they SELL).

If sold directly Bioware EA might beable to sell an Overlords Throne Mount for $30.

But if they stick it in a Gambling Bag they can set up the odds to every Overlords Throne Mount costs $300, and no one is the wiser......... at least until they wake up to the very short odds of such things in gambling bag.

All gambling is effectively a con (it's tilted massively in favour of the house), and Gambling Bags are NO exception to this.

Beyond that, if the drop rates on rare items would be higher, they would just be like the rest in the packs are currently. Become pointless junk. Whereas now if you have them it is at least still something with which you can stand out from the crowd a bit.

There were 47 Throne-type mounts for sale on my AH yesterday, and chair types mounts all over the place.

The crowd has them.

Well... I don't know. Some guildies are definitely not "lucky" I guess. Me? I've bought six packs. Got a White, Cyan, and Pink Purple crystal. In addition, I got the Tython Hilt. So... I think, I've been pretty lucky, with really minimal effort. I'm not sure how rare is rare, but I think all of these items are fairly rare.

However, I won't be buying a bunch of more packs to try my luck. I may, just may, buy one pack with the monthly stipend. But... maybe not. BTW, I don't really care for the throne. And I do see many around. Now.. that new mount with the datacrons floating over a seat I do like.

Well... I don't know. Some guildies are definitely not "lucky" I guess. Me? I've bought six packs. Got a White, Cyan, and Pink Purple crystal. In addition, I got the Tython Hilt. So... I think, I've been pretty lucky, with really minimal effort. I'm not sure how rare is rare, but I think all of these items are fairly rare.

However, I won't be buying a bunch of more packs to try my luck. I may, just may, buy one pack with the monthly stipend. But... maybe not. BTW, I don't really care for the throne. And I do see many around. Now.. that new mount with the datacrons floating over a seat I do like.

The odds remain the same, very, very high. So no matter the clustering of rares, it still stays roughly the same over all (unless Bioware EA have some fault in their RNG) - that is an awful, awful lot of people are NOT winning.

However again like all Gambling, it relies on the human trait of remembering the wins and forgetting the over all losses. I remember a friend that was adament he was ahead every year because of a few big wins, but when we added it up, unsurprisingly he was actually behind by thousands without really realising it.

Don't buy them. I was fool and bought like 40 packs, maybe more, i dont't know. And i got mostly crap, only a few interesting things ... which was soon almost worthless like speeders couse everybody got them. So i spent real money and not only a few bucks for ... nothng. My bad, but don't make the same mistake as me.

Vendoring will only solve part of the issue, as realistically speaking, you will be dissapointed by the vendor pricing anyway.

Thing is, these items will be more lucrative to sell on the GTN. The current issue however is that so many people bought those packs with the f2p switch, that the entire market is currently saturated. That is something which will take time to resolve. However, 6 months down the line, you'll probably see profit on many of these items rising a bit again; or at least selling in general.

Just the speeders alone, which seem to be quite common outside of the thrones, sell for 12.5k to a vendor... if you could sell them. That's sometimes triple what the going rate is on the GTN. If I could have sold all my stupid speeders at that, I would have been more than happy. Other things like the ball toss and emotes would sell for at least 1k. That's not unreasonable to me.

I dont understand the complaining.

We all know that the drops are RARE, so that means a very low drop rate.

why the hell are you complaining that the rarest of all items dont drop???

Its a lottery, you bought for a x amount of tickets ( bags ) and like most lotteries the price went to a diffrent zip code or didnt drop at all.

Be a man take your loss, you made the choice to take this gamble , you LOST.

Better luck next time or dont participate and keep your money

Edited by NrDLeipe