Who here will be doing the grind for full EWH?

reggieee

So you are one of the best players on one of the best Rated teams on your Server? If not, there is plenty to aim for if PvP really is your thang.

From what you stated in your OP though, and what I've gathered from some of your other posts, your purpose for PvPing sounds a bit more carebear-esque.

Nah, I'm just a casual player, loads of players are way better than me, I don't wanna be the best player on my server, I just wanna pick up and play for 10 mins now and again.

No, I'm not carebearish, I prefered the old gear system, I just thought/hoped they were gonna bring out something worth playing for.

Edited by reggieee

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine lol. You have more to aim for today than you did the other day though, so I find your timing suspicious. As I said earlier, enjoy your next game.

How do I have more to aim for today? And how is my timing suss?

Edited by reggieee

Hmmm...maybe I'm wrong, but...to me, it sounds like you needed, liked and enjoyed your gear advantage and that's the real reason you're quitting. Now that everyone is closer to equal in gear, PvP will be better in every way, except skill!

Funny how all the Johnny-come-lately's claim that players who were here since launch don't want to give up their "gear advantage".

Has it occured to you guys that it's not about the gear advantage at all but the fact that all you newbs practically get for free that we had to grind our butts off for?

I know, I know hard work and patience is so overrated - instant gratification FTW!

Still can't transfer weapon cores (hilt/barrel) :( But I guess this isn't a problem, all things considered.

Yeah... I didn't get the crossbows from the event either but simple enough fix. The capped coms go to the weapons, off hand etc. it's so easy to get gear now I'll prob be min/maxing companions soon. Elite WH is the least of my concerns. I'll get it eventually but definitely not worried about it.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

What...I don't understand. Isn't PVP more enjoyable when you can seriously say that Skill beats Stuff? Now, there isn't much difference between War Hero and the Elite one, so the power gap is closer now.

Oh and by the way, the main attraction for PVP player isn't to play against another Player? To show off who's the best, fair and square?

I welcome this change, and I am looking forward to see how I can optimize my armor sets now.

The only argument I have here is the class balance issues. Gear dont mean **** if the classes aren't balanced.

Funny how all the Johnny-come-lately's claim that players who were here since launch don't want to give up their "gear advantage".

Has it occured to you guys that it's not about the gear advantage at all but the fact that all you newbs practically get for free that we had to grind our butts off for?

I know, I know hard work and patience is so overrated - instant gratification FTW!

I know what you mean but I wouldn't actually mind that if there was a cool new gear set to to work towards.

Gear progression happens in MMO's but in this one it seems to have stopped...............

I've been here since beta.

I know what you mean but I wouldn't actually mind that if there was a cool new gear set to to work towards.

Gear progression happens in MMO's but in this one it seems to have stopped...............

Slowed...not stopped. The numbers prior to 1.6 were crazy off imo. Gear was the overall deciding factor, not just because of expertise, but also because of the stats that the WH gear gave vs. Recruit. Your "new aim" should be those slightly better stats, replacement mods to min/max whatever you like...that's how I feel you suddenly have more to shoot for, not less.

Slowed...not stopped. The numbers prior to 1.6 were crazy off imo. Gear was the overall deciding factor, not just because of expertise, but also because of the stats that the WH gear gave vs. Recruit. Your "new aim" should be those slightly better stats, replacement mods to min/max whatever you like...that's how I feel you suddenly have more to shoot for, not less.

I can't grind for months for a very slightly better gear set. /shrugs shoulders I'd rather stop playing for a bit and get it when it's free if I want it.

I have enjoyed PVP more in this game than any other, I think huttball is innovative and would love to play some more maps of it. I might even resub if enough new maps get released so I'm not a hater of this game.

Edited by reggieee

Not for full EWH. Stat improvements are underwhelming or a poor tradeoff for enough pieces that I get them selectively. The ones offering nil improvement I pass on. I've bought 2 since 1.6 and in no hurry.

Yeah, me too.

But what are you gonna do once you are at max comms?

To me the only thing to do is stop playing that char. And there are no other chars I wanna play hence me un-subbing.

Edited by reggieee

Yeah, me too.

To me the only thing to do is stop playing that char. And there are no other chars I wanna play hence me un-subbing.

Or you discover other aspects of the game that you can do while PvPing. Like play the market and become a billionaire.

Yeah, me too.

If you're only interested in PVP and 1 toon then yeah not many options for you. I rotate amongst 8 and if those all get boring will roll a different AC. Also do PVE, crafting/selling, dailies, FPs, and if not in the mood I'll go find a mysterious egg, battle gank squads on Voss, or whatever.

What's the point, there's nothing to buy in this game.

Useless cartel packs, useless mounts, pets etc. Maybe they even add the ability to buy a months sub like in EvE.And well I actually collect cash in real life because I enjoy seeing the numbers grow and grow.

Edited by Theodulus

You probably didn't enjoy the game in the first place if the only reason you played it was to get new gear.

Many of us like PvP simply for the fun and the competitive aspect of it. Whether or not there is more gear to "grind" doesn't matter.

But to answer your question, yes, I will be eventually min/maxing all characters in the best EWH mods. There will be a noticeable difference. It's just going to take a very long time.

If you're only interested in PVP and 1 toon then yeah not many options for you. I rotate amongst 8 and if those all get boring will roll a different AC. Also do PVE, crafting/selling, dailies, FPs, and if not in the mood I'll go find a mysterious egg, battle gank squads on Voss, or whatever.

Ok, thanks I'll try some of those:)

Night, night guys it late in England lol :D Good debating with ya'lll

Edited by reggieee

Hmmm...maybe I'm wrong, but...to me, it sounds like you needed, liked and enjoyed your gear advantage and that's the real reason you're quitting. Now that everyone is closer to equal in gear, PvP will be better in every way, except skill!

I won't be "grinding" a full set, but I'll certainly be working towards completing one.

So many butt hurt people looking to insult at the first chance they get lol

Some people like a carrot to chase no reason to try and dig deeper, you only show your salty feelings when you do. ::Shrug::

Ok, thanks I'll try some of those:)

Night, night guys it late in England lol :D Good debating with ya'lll

Have fun 'n take it easy.

ATTENTION BIOWARE: I saved a sub, and expect one of those lawn mower speeders with the 1950's vintage Christmas lights strung on it to be in my mailbox next time I log.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The only argument I have here is the class balance issues. Gear dont mean **** if the classes aren't balanced.

Devs have a responsibility to balance a class with it's mirror class.

Players have to figure out how to defeat the other classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.