What is the purpose of a sub?

Reroka

With the new cartel coins and the items on it, what is the purpose? I thought that all the stuff on the cartel shop the people who paid monthly would get automatically, however that is not the case. Yes, we get 500 coins a moth or 600 depending on if you have a security key but why should I keep my sub? BioWare keeps putting this stuff on the cartel shop for people to buy but why should I not get this stuff free considering I am paying 14.99 a month and have been since day one?

Can we get a dev to answer this?

It is the way so-call "free" to play works when a sub is also included. A percentage of what you pay goes to EA/Bioware. Out of that percentage, EA/Bioware decides what to do with it AFTER they pay the bills..wages, heat/air/lights, server upkeep. Part of it goes to pay for those freeloaders not paying a red cent (some just think you should play for "free" in a "free" to play game..imagine). If there is anything left over, they may give you something more then just "access to the servers" for that sub payment. If not well.....

In Feburary my sub runs out. I won't be renewing and I won't be playing for "free". It is not worth it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ship upgrades are NOT "fluff" or "convinence" they are core endgame to the space game and help in gearing up for the ground game too.

I can' find the post right now - but the devs have already aknowledged that the way ship upgrades has been handled is a mistake that's being looked into, epecially with the reference to the cost versus the time it takes to get them in-game.

I expect the grind to be cut in an upcoming patch - but you should still expect to have to work for them. Perfectly fair, imo.

I can' find the post right now - but the devs have already aknowledged that the way ship upgrades has been handled is a mistake that's being looked into, epecially with the reference to the cost versus the time it takes to get them in-game.

I expect the grind to be cut in an upcoming patch - but you should still expect to have to work for them. Perfectly fair, imo.

Indeed they have, but that still neither makes them "fluff" nor "convience" items, nor should it have happened in the first place. :csw_yoda:

Ship upgrades are NOT "fluff" or "convinence" they are core endgame to the space game and help in gearing up for the ground game too.

I agree with that. Bioware has also recognized this fact. The ship parts were an issue. The rest of my statement hold true. You don't have to be the hero that tries to prove a point here. We all agree the ship parts are a problem.

Edited by Arkerus

...the revenue of those transactions goes toward producing new content for the game.

With a sub we're already paying our share of the cost to produce new content for the game. It should be only f2p people who get directed to a cash shop in a hybrid model where subs are charged.

Edited by lollie

I agree with that. Bioware has also recognized this fact. The ship parts were an issue. The rest of my statement hold true. You don't have to be the hero that tries to prove a point here. We all agree the ship parts are a problem.

Well they haven't exactly said that.

We'll have to see what action they take or don't take. :csw_yoda:

Well they haven't exactly said that.

We'll have to see what action they take or don't take. :csw_yoda:

Again...I get it. My point about the cartel market still stands, I was trying to answer the question for the OP.

Besides the ship part fiasco, the cartel market is basically its own entity.

With a sub we're already paying our share of the cost to produce new content for the game. It should be only f2p people who get directed to a cash shop in a hybrid model where subs are charged.

You have no idea where our money goes. You have no idea how its allocated to the project.

Stop saying ridiculous things like that. The truth is 100% if the money they make goes to EA and then the managers and EA finance people decide how much money they give back to the Austin division to keep funding the game. If they see this product producing a profit they will more than likely release more funds to the team to develop new content.

There is no magical formula that determines where our sub goes.

Edited by Arkerus

Yup it's not as bad as a pure P2W (i.e. pay or can't get them), but it is still P2W (pay and avoid in-game needs).

It's still pay to by pass:

Game rules

Gates to succes

And gains undeserved bennifits equal to those that put in the effort to achieve the same.

It's still P2win. If you put lipstick on a bantha that doesn't make it a tauntaun. :p

magical formula that determines where our sub goes.

The content of your post is ridiculous, only quoting the last bit as you seemed to be repeating yourself a lot, and didn't seem to understand the point you quoted. I'll now clarify - we pay a sub - we've paid our share of the costs, whatever they may be. Only f2p people should be getting directed to the cash shop.

Edited by lollie

It's still pay to by pass:

Game rules

Gates to succes

And gains undeserved bennifits equal to those that put in the effort to achieve the same.

It's still P2win. If you put lipstick on a bantha that doesn't make it a tauntaun. :p

Yeah it is still absolutely P2W.

It's a much more cunning method commecially though, as it deflects a lot of the criticism (as we've seen) because it allows them to just lenghten the grind to make more people directly buy them.

LOL mistake??? ..... intented imo.

How much ppl bought the pack from the cartel shop ? atleast hundreds, easy money for ea.

And after a lot of ppl complained they calling it a mistake, There playing jedi mind tricks and ppl fall for it

Edited by NrDLeipe

LOL mistake??? ..... intented imo.

How much ppl bought the pack from the cartel shop ? atleast hundreds, easy money for ea.

And after a lot of ppl complained they calling it a mistake, There playing jedi mind tricks and ppl fall for it

Yeah I think it was a "test" to be honest.