So, what Class/AC would you pick for a "Revan-wannabe"?

Terin

With the release of the Revan armor-pieces, I'm sure I'm not the only person excited about it. In fact, I'm actually thinking I may start a whole new character, *just* to have a dedicated "Revan-character" around, lore be damned!

So, there are obviously a few questions to be asked. The first, of course, is do you make him a Jedi? Or would he be more of a Light-side Sith? Next, do you take him the Knight/Warrior route, and if so, which AC do you choose? Or for that matter, would the Sage/Sorceror archetype be more accurate?

It seems that much of Revan's canon is largely mysterious, which is befitting of his character, but makes it hard to follow in his footsteps. Care to share your interpretation?

Sith Marauder. Double light sabers were the best in the KotoR games.

Totally not true. Full dex build single saber/scout/guard was what the power gamers were running. Max difficulty and nigh unstoppable.

The answer is clearly a dps guardian (light side Revan) or dps jugg (dark side Revan).

Edited by Marak

It really depends on how you played KotOR. The brilliance of the game was your ability to custom-design Revan. Even though I don't support the establishment of a canon Revan in this game (male and other spoiler-related details), they did a fairly good job of demonstrating his ability to command both the dark side and light side.

UNFORTUNATELY, you can't REALLY do this to the extent Revan could in KotOR. However, with a nod to the Legacy system, you may be able to feign something really close. It depends where Revan ended up at the end of your KotOR story. Probably the closest would be a Jedi given where Revan ends up at the end of the game. Either DS if you returned to the Sith or LS if he remained loyal.

- Arcada

With the release of the Revan armor-pieces, I'm sure I'm not the only person excited about it. In fact, I'm actually thinking I may start a whole new character, *just* to have a dedicated "Revan-character" around, lore be damned!

Actually, Revan "wannabe" is totally within the lore. There's a whole cult of them on Drommund Kaas after all. I'd roll an Imp-side Force user of choice and play that side-quest on DK (siding with the cult of course) and then throw on the robes and Revanite title. :)

If I were into making a Revan wannabe, that is.

Actually, Revan "wannabe" is totally within the lore. There's a whole cult of them on Drommund Kaas after all. I'd roll an Imp-side Force user of choice and play that side-quest on DK (siding with the cult of course) and then throw on the robes and Revanite title. :)

With the added caveat that I wouldn't recommend completing "The Foundry" as the psychological damage caused by the unalterable outcome would drive a true Revanite mad ;).

- Arcada

Totally not true. Full dex build single saber/scout/guard was what the power gamers were running. Max difficulty and nigh unstoppable.

The answer is clearly a dps guardian (light side Revan) or dps jugg (dark side Revan).

Close enough, as long as you have Legacy-Unlocked Force Storm.

So, there are obviously a few questions to be asked. The first, of course, is do you make him a Jedi? Or would he be more of a Light-side Sith? Next, do you take him the Knight/Warrior route, and if so, which AC do you choose? Or for that matter, would the Sage/Sorceror archetype be more accurate?

It seems that much of Revan's canon is largely mysterious, which is befitting of his character, but makes it hard to follow in his footsteps. Care to share your interpretation?

Female LS Jedi Sentinel.

At least, that's probably the closest I'd get to Revan.

(What do you mean Revan was male? :rolleyes: Uh huh, still sore.)

+1 - Single Saber was infinitely better than Dual Saber in KOTOR.

True, but like Nydus said, you also have the issue of "The Foundry", and that it pretty much renders your previous status of being a loyal Revanite kind of obsolete.

Of course, that's not to say a Sith would be a bad way to go, just trying to weight the Pros and Cons :p

Vanguard would definitely be the best fit. He realised that all this force bullcrap is nothing compared to rifles and blasters.

I realize that this was probably intended as a joke, but given the versatility of the playable character in KotOR, it's a very legitimate choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude screw Canon, KOTOR fans had their own Revan. The one in this game is Revan in name, but not how I will remember him and her (played KOTOR many times). I can play him as any of the force user classes. BW baby, they do not dictate canon like the Star Wars franchise.

Edited by SentinelDranoel

The closes thing to my KOTOR Revan would be a Defence (because we never had to 'channel' stasis in kotor) Jedi Guardian with Legacy Lightning Storm.

But still it's entirely up to you and how you played Revan in KOTOR. It can just as easily be this:

Vanguard would definitely be the best fit. He realised that all this force bullcrap is nothing compared to rifles and blasters.
Edited by Aelther