Ashara Zavros useless?

drunknurse

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently improved her gear, and will see how she stands up, but I'm with the Andronikos Revel crowd here. He doesn't have to travel, I think his defensive CD lasts longer (not certain) and he simply outputs higher DPS than she does.

And her coloration is completely wrong for a Togruta. There, I said it. All the yellow on her face should be crimson or rust. I shouldn't have to buy an authenticator just to have her face make sense from a SW lore canon standpoint. Her sith ancestor was colored fine. Actually hell, I'd rather have him as a companion.

She's useless. Andronikus is far better dps.

I totally agree. DPS Sorc here using Andronikus all the time atm. I am lvl 37. Sometimes he dies, but its rare and I usually can take out groups with my health about 50% if there are elites involved (one mixws in a group let's say) I can't see myself ever using Ashara for anything but sowing my robes on the ship. She has a bonus for it <grin>

Seriously, she just annoys the heck out of me. Whiny and just plain annoying.

Dunno for class Q bosses I prefer KV, I am deception spec and can't last even in tank stance using cds and hp pot vs a champ with 4-6x my hp. Having KV and taunting off him while putting the pain on them is way more better.

On Tattoine for example when you get Andronicus to kill the merc in the bunker, I could not pull it off with Andronicus dps, got boss to 25% and I died. Popped KV for next attempt and we killed him with KV at 50% hp in less time.

I get what you are saying but, as an assassin khemval was pretty useless for me from level 20 onwards. He had his moments but literlly because i didn't have a viable healer (that robot does not count.) Azshara was the best companion i had up until then and i had been gearing khem up really well with unique and blue items, she just owns in greens. Ofc once i got a companion that could heal all others where cast to the side as pointless unless i group with someone who has a better healer companion.

Don't even get me started on the final companion, what a let down. He's just khem val, mk 2.

I agree with the overall sentiment that she s weak. m level 50 and actually really like to play with Ashara from a story perspective as she fits my char perfectly. (The jedi turned bad and im the Sith who tries to do good but ultimately cares about himself)

However she is just awful to use, against elites, her dps is weak and if they have aoe is a horrible mess and I'm a tank spec. Revel and Tulos are vastly superior for my tank spec assassin and work much better. Its does annoy me though as i actually want to play with her more.

I leveled as full deception, and at 44, I need a tank for normal mob groups since I can't tank them, and a healer for big elites since KV can't tank them without dying too early, so I tank myself with dark charge even though I'm deception spec and it works.

With that spec, DPS companions have no place. They are likely much better if you have a tanking or ranged spec yourself. So in the end there are companions for all specs, but you won't find them all useful with a given spec.

She is quite usefull when you play in a group and the other guy has the tank and you´re just gonna dps, and she´s pretty usefull against players since she deals very nice damage and she won´t get attacked since in PvP players will be attacking eachother and not their companions.

She is quite usefull when you play in a group and the other guy has the tank and you´re just gonna dps, and she´s pretty usefull against players since she deals very nice damage and she won´t get attacked since in PvP players will be attacking eachother and not their companions.

I would argue that Revol or Talos would be better for PVP. Revol is less kiteable and has decent burst, while Talos makes green numbers, which are always welcome.

I have had no problems with her, none elites she just assist me killing them quickly, and on elites just send her in shielded and you can kill any elite even ones 3 levels above you with dots, and healing her. may not work for your playstyle but it works. As a non-heal spec she might die at the end but she lives long enough if not all the way.

Talos on the other hand for a sorcerer is useless. And although i like Khem i haven't used him in awhile. I have noticed that I needed to change my process a little bit for each companion and Ashara really needs a second lightsaber for her damage to match andronis.

When you get her, she's missing about half her gear. Keep that in mind. Surprisingly the starting greens she has are better than most gear you could get for her, assuming you get her at 32-34.

It's not too hard to gear her out, either. She's missing a helmet (by now you can surely find one on the AH or buy one with commendations, or something), needs a second LS (if you're a packrat at all you should have at least one of your old sabers in the bank, unless you're an assassin in which case no, but you can buy any old saber with coms and mod it up, just make sure it's usable by neutral alignment [note, red crystals are fine in most cases]), implants are not hard to get, earpiece is not hard to get, etc. Do that and she's fully geared and ready to roll. I guess I spent like 10k gearing her, no big deal.

As for her combat performance, I've liked it. She's actually pretty resilient and I'd wager she could tank for me but she lacks real threat building abilities like Khem has, otherwise she'd almost certainly survive aggro. I did get her to tank an elite for me, she's acceptable at it but you can't unload like you can with Khem.

Basically she's on even footing with Khem for solo questing vs regular enemies, she won't keep you alive much but she will burn mobs very fast, where Khem holds aggro but you're doing most of the damage. Khem is superior for soloing vs bosses and other nasty fights and Ashara is usually superior if you're grouped with...pretty much anyone, since anything that isn't a sorc will have better armor than us and with our bubble will be a servicable tank.

If she just had an AoE taunt she'd be awesome.

I used her alot in beta as i was darkness specced there, but now as a deception spec i use Talos more my DPS is more than enough to raze any mob and heals keeps me alive but each player have a different way of playing the game

• 3 weeks later...

Very sad to hear all of this flack about my future girlfriend. I might have to go from deception to darkness spec just to justify having her around.

Of course, I could always just keep doing what I do, and spend the resource I would have spent gearing her on gifts, and keep her on the ship...

How are you guys in Deception spec using Talos? Doesn't that gimp your dps significantly not being able to get behind mobs and Maul?

I've used Khem all the way through about 49, when I picked up Xalek and switched to him as he had better gear and can use quest rewards I don't need. He was much easier to gear up than Khem was and while his hp depletes faster while tanking, he also helps kill mobs faster.

I've tried using Ashara, but have difficulty with Strongs and Elites, with normal and weak groups using her is better than Khem/Xalek as mobs die much faster w/ or w/o Maul. Against Strongs and Elites though if I can't put Maul in rotation (not to mention how squishy I am myself being a Madness/Deception hybrid) I will die too fast.

Do you guys using Deception specs with Ashara/Talos/Andronikus use Dark Charge?

I use Ashara exclusively at lvl 50. In order to make her deal massive damage you have to do a couple of things...

Gear: Strength, Endurance, Accuracy, Power, Critical

Stance: 15% Armor Penetration

Abilities: Deactivate these 3...Force Burst, Whirling Force, Blade Ward

Those 3 abilities that you deactivate will actually increase her DPS by quite a big amount. The reason why is because first of all, these abilities deal very little damage and they interrupt her from auto attacking. I geared Ashara with blues and purples. She has over 100% accuracy and 23% crit. Her main hand damage is 700 and offhand is over 110.

She can solo 3-4 lvl 50's by herself.

i am sorcerer and i use her only now when i am level 50. Geared her up and she is nice as a dps.

About the other companions - ppl who say that Talos is useless for sorcerers in my case are very wrong. Since i got him i am using only him. Khem is weak, he dies alot and i don't rly need tank if i have good healer. Talos is very well geared and i can kill almost anything with him. While leveling i had zero downtime with Talos - i was always full hp, he was aswell not like with Khem when i had to heal him -.- Now at level 50 i use only Ashara or Talos - love them both.

I just got her last night, and as a 35 Darkness spec tossed her a 34 pvp saber and was like HOLY COW!!! I liked Andro but this chick was a beast. I'll get a better feel for her tonight but the first impression was awesome. Plus she has bigger breasts than Andro so you can't go wrong there.

I think the biggest issue (for those who are leveling) when you get her, she has no implants, relics, helm, no orange gear for mod upgrades, and only one lightsaber. You need to do some work. Fortunately being biochem, I fixed the implant issue right away and got two better lightsabers that can be upgraded. Just need to find a helm.

I'm heal spec and she's pretty useful for speeding up questing and most trash, rare occasions I'll grab Khem for harder elites.

I think the biggest issue (for those who are leveling) when you get her, she has no implants, relics, helm, no orange gear for mod upgrades, and only one lightsaber. You need to do some work. Fortunately being biochem, I fixed the implant issue right away and got two better lightsabers that can be upgraded. Just need to find a helm.

I'm heal spec and she's pretty useful for speeding up questing and most trash, rare occasions I'll grab Khem for harder elites.

Pretty much this. I'll just add that the lightsaber she comes equipped with is moddable as well. I did still replace it simply b/c it shows a green icon instead of orange. One thing of note though as you level while Khem sits on the bench is to make sure you still keep him geared up to your level, otherwise he will be more squishy than you come time to fight the elites.

I didn't have any success trying to double DPS elites. I've always needed either a tank of healer companion. Therefore Ashara will be more or less useful depending on your spec.

Madness spec here, and she's my go-to companion. I put her in PVP gear at 40, and kept up all her mods. She's a brick !#@$house that can take a beating and enough DPS to hold their intrest, while I DPS from the back.

Even Xalek craters before Ashara -- she's my goto gal. I have no problem taking on 1 or 2 elites plus 3ish strong/weaks with her as my companion.

Guess its just playstyle.

I was dissapointed with Ashara at first as well, but that's mostly because I didn't realize the gear issue.

Played to 50 using her as a lightning sorcerer, and ever since I geared her up with bought modable lightsabers, some proper modable gear and some other stuff I bought on the GTN, I was shocked over how efficient she was for me.

Gear her right and she's a beast.