Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

You did it, you killed 10-49 PvP lvl,nerfing XP

Lord_Karsk

Too few people probably used and bought the xp boosts. Not even the discount could get people to buy the xp consumables. I guess that guy they hired to figure out how to nickel and dime us came up with that brilliant solution.

If that is the case, then the silent nerfs and changes without questions are on the uprise, because it's now 100% about the money...Fudge the players.....This game is Doomed. Taking a turn to the Dark Side. :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the case, then the silent nerfs and changes without questions are on the uprise, because it's now 100% about the money...Fudge the players.....This game is Doomed. Taking a turn to the Dark Side. :(

I am still unwilling to believe that this is a flagrant money grab by BW. Previous patches have also reduced WZ experience, well before the F2P economy was implemented. This might just be a coding error.

But then again, I am trying to be an optimist. If this XP nerf was actually a deliberately concealed bid at making people buy XP boosts, that would be the end of my longtime subscription.

It's probably just the devs trying to slow down XP gain with the perks tbh. I maxed out my comms on my mara around level 49.5 and I did nothing but PVP on the fleet and class quests along the way. Because I had 4 of the XP boost perks for warzones, I almost didn't make it to the max. I had the perks purchased prior to the change, so my experience increase was substantially higher than I was anticipating when I bought them. If I was doing any other content, I wouldn't have maxed out before 50.

30% xp reduction for F2P

What's the betting everyone is presently getting this rate regardless of sub status.

The F2P XP reduction is somewhere between 20% an 30%, based off of number crunching done by other forum goers. If Subscriber XP is now at 20-30% of pre-1.6 levels, then it is possible that BW just messed up the XP coding and accidentally demoted us all to F2P status.

They probably f'ed it up... I have been a subscriber since Day 1 and just last week I crafted a purple Level 40 implant for one of my toons and the game told me "This item is not able to be used because of your subscription status". I submitted a ticket and it was fixed the net day but that points to poor testing on BW's part... but seriously, if they need developers we can do this for them:

boolean free2play = playerObject.isNotSubscriber();

if ( free2play ) {

xp = xp * .7;

}

applyXP();

Edit: Forgot to add this line...since this is Stun Wars...

applyStunsToPlayer();

There you go BW... you have my address, please send me a check in the mail for that work. Thanks!

Edited by Striders

They probably f'ed it up... I have been a subscriber since Day 1 and just last week I crafted a purple Level 40 implant for one of my toons and the game told me "This item is not able to be used because of your subscription status". I submitted a ticket and it was fixed the net day but that points to poor testing on BW's part...

The F2P bug happening to subscribers is probably a database communication timeout throwing an error. The catch error statement ensures a F2P player never will get subscriber status for the current play session by mistake.

Edited by Theodulus

Probably a bug. Saw a post earlier by someone saying they had gotten changed to F2P while being a sub. Could be something weird happened and we are all gaining XP at the F2P rate.

If anyone knows any F2P players you should ask them how much they are getting. I fit's the same as a subber BW borked something, If it's less it was a stealth XP nerf.

maybe it's just me cuz I only pvp these days, but that's a good thing. it means more med pacs for my 50s without wasting their comms on junk like...medpacs. meanwhile, my lowbie collects them with daily and buys them by the boatload with his otherwise useless comms. this is a win for me. I never understood the legacy perk to increase xp (this is also about selling that on cartel market, btw).

maybe it's just me cuz I only pvp these days, but that's a good thing. it means more med pacs for my 50s without wasting their comms on junk like...medpacs. meanwhile, my lowbie collects them with daily and buys them by the boatload with his otherwise useless comms. this is a win for me. I never understood the legacy perk to increase xp (this is also about selling that on cartel market, btw).

1-2 hours doing PvE dailies will allow you to buy around 200 medpacks. That's far more efficient and you wont waste comms.

So punish the rest of us because you choose to do both?

You have to have a balance. MOST players do not level through PVP only, but like to experience all the game offers. If XP gain is too high in one area, it will detract from other areas.

Look at the advice given to all players while leveling: If you plan to PVP at 50, max out your comms before you level out. Well, you can't really do anything but PVP from 40-50 and still max out your comms at this point. I would prefer that the XP perks were higher to give those who plan to utilize only one way to level a feasible way to do so, while allowing the majority of the population to level however they want and balance their gameplay.

TL;DR don't claim you are being punished because you choose to ignore the rest of the game

(yes, I level through PVP typically and no, I don't care if XP is lowered or not but your me,me,me attitude irked me)

1-2 hours doing PvE dailies will allow you to buy around 200 medpacks. That's far more efficient and you wont waste comms.

just my time doing dailies. :) lowbies don't waste comms on medpacs. it's all the comms are good for until 40. so I goin into lowbie. own a couple matches. grab the daily box. buy a stack of medpacs every couple of days. winning. and not having to do anything other than pvp. :D

It's probably just the devs trying to slow down XP gain with the perks tbh. I maxed out my comms on my mara around level 49.5 and I did nothing but PVP on the fleet and class quests along the way. Because I had 4 of the XP boost perks for warzones, I almost didn't make it to the max. I had the perks purchased prior to the change, so my experience increase was substantially higher than I was anticipating when I bought them. If I was doing any other content, I wouldn't have maxed out before 50.

So, to keep leveling at the rate I was able to before F2P, I now have to buy the XP "boosts" from the cartel market?

BS!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.