Dont you all love to start again and again new characters ?

Saifur

Thank you EA , the way you are handling the servers is amazing. I got my early access on 15 , started 5 different characters and got them to around level 20.

Than few days later when the servers were swarmed with next wave of early access people , my server become from light to very heavy population and i had to start all over all my 6 toons on new light server ( waiting 45 min in queue was kida frustrating , what do you think ? )

I got my new characters again to around level 20. Now today when the whole stream of new players got in on the official release day , AGAIN my server is heavy populated with 50 min queue time. Now i have to start AGAIN those 6 characters on new light population realm and pray it will be the last time. This is so ridiculous , i cant find strong enough words to describe it. This is the worst release of morpg i have ever seen and i have been playing games for already 18 years.

So far i haven't seen single realm to be population cap increased. In fact nothing has been done at all regarding the issues of insane 1 hour queue that EVERYONE is experiencing. And this problem is not something that just happened, its been around for already a week.

Edited by LexiCazam
Bypassing filter

remind me mmorpg that had queues.. eh i cant recall single one.. before you say wow, i played every expansion, rushed all content and basically never saw any queues, sure those " world class guild servers " had queues, butthats because everyone migrates to them, so they can play with very best, thats hardly a case for new game

you played warhammer? bet you didnt.. that game was partially killed by ridiculously low pop caps on servers, it launched with 500 : 500 for each side, a server with max cap of 1k? seriously , swtor feels baren too, 30~ people per zone, and im not even rushing quests, i got my access on friday, but about everyzone gotthat much, and my server is now full with queue. just how full isthat? when its barely populated world

Edited by LexiCazam
Trolling - quote

Thank you EA , the way you are handling the servers is amazing. I got my early access on 15 , started 5 different characters and got them to around level 20.

Than few days later when the servers were swarmed with next wave of early access people , my server become from light to very heavy population and i had to start all over all my 6 toons on new light server ( waiting 45 min in queue was kida frustrating , what do you think ? )

I got my new characters again to around level 20. Now today when the whole stream of new players got in on the official release day , AGAIN my server is heavy populated with 50 min queue time. Now i have to start AGAIN those 6 characters on new light population realm and pray it will be the last time. This is so f..........ing ridiculous , i cant find strong enough words to describe it. This is the worst release of morpg i have ever seen and i have been playing games for already 18 years.

So far i haven't seen single realm to be population cap increased. In fact nothing has been done at all regarding the issues of insane 1 hour queue that EVERYONE is experiencing. And this problem is not something that just happened, its been around for already a week.

I'm Commander Shephard and this is my favorite post on the forums. (not trying to be rude, just didnt know what else to say to this..)

I got my new characters again to around level 20. Now today when the whole stream of new players got in on the official release day , AGAIN my server is heavy populated with 50 min queue time. Now i have to start AGAIN those 6 characters on new light population realm and pray it will be the last time. This is so f..........ing ridiculous , i cant find strong enough words to describe it. This is the worst release of morpg i have ever seen and i have been playing games for already 18 years.

/facepalm.....

No it isnt. I have waited about 8 hours this week in queues. that my friend is a level 16+ toon. So instead of waiting move on.

Eight solid hours in ONE queue? Yeah, right.

The longest I've ever waited was an hour during primetime on The Crucible Pits (a highly populated west coast PVP server).

remind me mmorpg that had queues.. eh i cant recall single one.. before you say wow, i played every expansion, rushed all content and basically never saw any queues, sure those " world class guild servers " had queues, butthats because everyone migrates to them, so they can play with very best, thats hardly a case for new game

you played warhammer? bet you didnt.. that game was partially killed by ridiculously low pop caps on servers, it launched with 500 : 500 for each side, a server with max cap of 1k? seriously , swtor feels baren too, 30~ people per zone, and im not even rushing quests, i got my access on friday, but about everyzone gotthat much, and my server is now full with queue. just how full isthat? when its barely populated world

World of warcraft

Warhammer Online

Age of Connan

RIFT

AION

Want me to keep going?

Basically each and every newely released MMO.

And speaking of warhammer. Did you played it from release? Ofc you didn't.

You might want to rething what you've said after you see this screenshot.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-45zkxZ8_FNo/TsUTYo-2QsI/AAAAAAAABMw/DlVvXydCI0Y/s800/screenshot_023.jpg

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude

dude, you say you have play games for over 18 years but i gues none of them are MMORPGs? because if you remember WoW for example in the early days it was loooooong queues i remember raiding 40man was hard to get on time because people had to wait 1-2h in que to get in.. and every mmo i have played (like 90% atleast) had queues like this.. and its goign to be like that for the first month and maybe even longer depending on how many that will end up playing this game...

Server caps are where they are, because any more and there will be server instability. And who is to say that if the server allowed on, say 1000 more people, that 1000 more people wouldn't swarm it and have a queue?

Reality check brother, this is not Bioware's fault. If it is Bioware's fault for any reason, it would be making a game everyone wants to play.

And for what it is worth, I had to make new characters on a new server this morning. My character I started on Tuesday at 6am was on a server that had a 2hr que at 4am. So no, you aren't the only one who is suffering.

Edited by Rossx

I remember waiting for WoW access more than an hour. Especially on weekends.

And it's not about some high ranking guild server.

Right now, I don't mind, there are other lightly populated servers...

Which reminds me...

got to install remote desktop connection so I can get in queue from work and then bike home to play :)

Greetings!

I don't get why you're defending Bioware and saying it's not their fault.

No, the queues barely effect my server. I queue for twenty minutes, usually less, so it doesn't bother me. Of course the queues are in the fault of the developer?! Who are we to blame. And as a genre, yes, MMOs typically have queues around launch. The developers should know this, and take measures to reduce the queues as significantly as possible.

A simple solution is adding more servers, because (obviously) more servers would lighten the load on everyone else. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about game development, but people that sit on forums and defend Bioware's lower standards of customer support...

Although I have to admit the original post was pretty funny...

I don't get why you're defending Bioware and saying it's not their fault.

No, the queues barely effect my server. I queue for twenty minutes, usually less, so it doesn't bother me. Of course the queues are in the fault of the developer?! Who are we to blame. And as a genre, yes, MMOs typically have queues around launch. The developers should know this, and take measures to reduce the queues as significantly as possible.

A simple solution is adding more servers, because (obviously) more servers would lighten the load on everyone else. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about game development, but people that sit on forums and defend Bioware's lower standards of customer support...

Although I have to admit the original post was pretty funny...

The queues are a measure to make the game launch smoother. They help give the servers stability. Adding additional servers is a terrible solution to the problem as it spreads the playerbase out too much. Trust me, you want your server to have queues at launch, it ensures you'll have a good solid population after the launch is over and the queues disappear. Nobody wants to be on a server with a low population after launch. Adding more servers make that problem worse.

So yes, blame Bioware if you have to blame someone, but you should be thanking them.

So, let me understand. You created chars in one server. 5 of them. All in the same server.

Then, hating to queue, you rolled more alts. 6 of them. All in another server.

The idea to spread them among different servers (and maybe timezones) if you just want to play did never cross your brain?

Because Bioware are doing it for no other reason than to piss YOU off, it's not because they haven't planned a very long time for this and have a strategy to deal with arguably the biggest MMO launch ever .. by which I mean the number of players known or reasonably expected to play on day 1 .. no, they're doing it to annoy and upset tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of players they will need to have subscribing if they're to recoup development costs.

Yup, that sounds a great business plan to me. :rolleyes:

World of warcraft

Warhammer Online

Age of Connan

RIFT

AION

Want me to keep going?

Basically each and every newely released MMO. Thank you for exposing your ignorance and stupidity to the community.

And speaking of warhammer. Did you played it from release? Ofc you didn't.

You might want to rething what you've said after you see this screenshot.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-45zkxZ8_FNo/TsUTYo-2QsI/AAAAAAAABMw/DlVvXydCI0Y/s800/screenshot_023.jpg

I played WowW and Rift and NEVER had a queue to log into the game. I played AoC also, and didn't have a queue but I quit after a month because it just wasn't for me. I have NEVER seen a game launch with so many servers with queue's on a Tuesday morning. This is not normal no matter how you spin it.

*Edit I forgot today is Tuesday, not Monday. :D

Edited by Lagerale